The Closest Thing to Success I've Had Yet

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 3:13 pm

Well, this past weekend, I went on a church retreat for young adults down to Santa Cruz, CA. Not being religious, I was anticipating a rather patience-testing amount of evangelism and zealotry, which there was, at times, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; mostly because the maturity level of everyone there was finally past the self-obsessed, cliquish teenager stage, which has always made me hate trips like these in the past. Anyway, while I was there, I met a young woman who I happened to have been randomly put in a small group with. She's almost 2 years older than I am, but she's attractive, smart, (she works in IT for the state government) she's got a good sense of humor, and... Wait a sec, she's still interested in talking with me after initial small-group group introductions?

So, we hung out and talked a lot during our free time and at meals, sat together during worship services (some of which lasted much longer than they should have) and generally enjoyed each other's company, really. And when it came time to pack up and go back home again, she even gave me her contact info so we could stay in touch via Facebook and text messaging. So, we had a somewhat lengthy text conversation when we both got home, and she mentioned that it'd be really cool if I could eventually find a job down in the South Bay/Silicon valley area, so I'd be closer to everyone we met this past weekend, including her. I'm tempted to start working towards that, because several of the people I met this weekend have very similar interests to mine, and are currently employed, or were formerly employed, in industries I have a lot of interest in, like film-making, video games, and music production- and all of them live in that area.

So, yeah... that's my mostly-success story.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 3:36 pm

Congratulations on the positive human interaction . Sounds like relocating is a positive goal and as a female, I think your right in assuming that she was giving you signs that she would like to get to know you better .

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 4:20 pm

sounds great! it looks like you read the signals well and responded appropriately to her interest. i am glad you are keeping in contact with her. :)

Asterisp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 4:43 pm

Nice she is keeping contact with you.

After some smaller disappointments and confusemnt for myself it is inspiring to read you story here.

I hope the follow-up will be a success.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 5:01 pm

Lotsa luck, Zokk!

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2013, 11:31 pm

Even if you're not particularly of a spiritual nature, this could easily be seen as a sign from God to transplant yourself closer to there. Hey, I'd move to that area if I had the chance, dating prospect or not. But things are looking good for you, connection-wise :thumright:

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 9:00 am

Move there for yourself, not for a girl you're not even technically seeing.

bizboy1
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 10:53 am

Geekonychus wrote:

this

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2013, 12:49 pm

bizboy1 wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

this

Oh, I know. I've been looking at jobs in the Silicon Valley area for a while now, anyway. The place has a lot of industries I'm interested in, and would really like to get into professionally: film, games, and music, in particular. But given that I'm currently in a computer repair internship, it's also a good place to go if I want to get a job as a computer repair tech, too.