Why is it impossible for an ugly man to be desired?

Page 5 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 12:13 pm

Ratae wrote:
Women always say that men are the shallower sex and judge women based on appearance, while women judge men based on other things. This is manifestly false. Everyone judges potential romantic partners on their appearance.

You should consider this: Go to Japan. See how many clean shaven men there are. Then realize none of the men are telling the hot Japanese ladies how pretty they are when they walk by, or holding the door open and saying ladies first. I don't base my love interests completely off looks. But also there is good reason why men and women desire good healthy looking spouses. For men: Women who are tall and have large breasts can bear more children and breast feed more easily. Also women who are tough can defend themselves and the children when the father is away. Same for women: Men who are strong, smart, and treat women like queens are usually the best fathers you can find.
Just cause your ugly doesn't mean you can't be more chivalrous, ya know.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 12:54 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Men who are strong, smart, and treat women like queens are usually the best fathers you can find.

And yet, my wife STILL tossed me aside like a used tissue... I officially have NO idea what the ladies want. ;)

...so I'll just be my goofy ol' self and hope someone eventually wants that.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 1:49 pm

BlueMax wrote:
appletheclown wrote:
Men who are strong, smart, and treat women like queens are usually the best fathers you can find.

And yet, my wife STILL tossed me aside like a used tissue... I officially have NO idea what the ladies want. ;)

Then stop blaming yourself. If it was her, and you know you were being a good man to her and being loyal and all that, you still got it!
If she tossed you aside like a used tissue, then you know treating ladies like a gentleman would will still work. You don't have to go all butler on a girl, but treating a girl special should be required in any marriage, if not all women. It sounds like you are blaming yourself for what happened, and even if it was a little you, you still have time. Some of the marriages that happen latest in life are the most tightly bound marriages out there.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2013, 2:16 pm

appletheclown wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

Then stop blaming yourself. If it was her, and you know you were being a good man to her and being loyal and all that, you still got it!
If she tossed you aside like a used tissue, then you know treating ladies like a gentleman would will still work. You don't have to go all butler on a girl, but treating a girl special should be required in any marriage, if not all women. It sounds like you are blaming yourself for what happened, and even if it was a little you, you still have time. Some of the marriages that happen latest in life are the most tightly bound marriages out there.

YESS!!^^^^ My marriage failed but I'm not blaming myself and I'm not going to change how I am and how I treat my partner. I will be the same way I've always been and I WILL find someone who deserves it cause he sure didn't. I'm not worried about my age one bit!

Just because she tossed aside what she had didn't mean what she had wasn't wonderful. She just didn't appreciate it.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 8:25 am

kabouter wrote:
Ratae wrote:
. You never hear women lust over a short, emasculate, weedy, spectacled Asian male. There is only one type of guy women lust for: it is the men that are tall, handsome and masculine.

I can't believe what you say is true. The obvious evidence of billions of asian males make your argument look pretty silly. The other thing is that except for tranies, most males are masculine.

Cheers

The all famous story of a beautiful women getting married to a not so attractive man. It happens because that is what men think of their spouse, and then of themselves. And also because it actually happens in the literal sense. Not just for white guys either, the short nerdy Japanese kid that I went to college was all the rage among the ladies, and all I could think of was "good for him, bout time a nerdy guy was all the rage" he was just that cool.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 7:13 pm

BlueMax wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

Based on what you've said, your wife has issues. Please don't use her as the yardstick for judging all women.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 10:46 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Based on what you've said, your wife has issues. Please don't use her as the yardstick for judging all women.

Thanks - I really, REALLY try not to. I need more positive female influences in my life... glad I have a few fantastic friends to counteract the several complete nutbags!

:thumleft:

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2013, 11:25 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
Because ugly men are seen as creeps if they so much as even say hi to a lady.

This has been my experience for years. As someone with Marfan syndrome and severe orthognathism, I fell from the top of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. I can't even smile at people without being labeled a hideous freak.

And yeah, DeVito is short and chubby, but it helps that he has tons of money. And it's not like he's quite ugly either.

Wow,

I just looked up Marfan Syndrome, and it fits me to a t!

I found several pictures of unusually flexible hands like mine, and the chest depression as well. I also have that Jacobson's organ looking thing in the roof of my mouth.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2013, 8:32 am

appletheclown wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
appletheclown wrote:

If she tossed you aside like a used tissue, then you know treating ladies like a gentleman would will still work.

Sorry to say, bud, but you are NOT living in the real world if you can say this.

But I do love Bleach, so whatever. :P

EDIT: Just now noticed shrox's post. I have all the same features as well.