how many here, will never get married

Page 6 of 13 [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next

Chrisicus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2013, 7:08 pm

I'd only marry if I was absolutely crazy for the future girlfriend and if I'd lose her if no marriage was a dealbreaker.

My worry would be if I got divorced, I'd have to pay alimony, I think its stupid that I'd be paying a ex for splitting up with me! I'd be taking every opportunity to not pay alimony!

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:16 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:

Then we exist in alternate universes.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:17 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:

Coming from a 2d character, he has nothing on the matter.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:40 pm

What whore would want me?

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:43 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:

Not even a whore would want you after saying something like that. I despise your lack of respect for women, even prostitutes. Prostitutes don't deserve to deal with windbags like you.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:44 pm

Calling me a f*****g windbag? After what I've been through?

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:48 pm

Giftorcurse wrote:
Calling me a f***ing windbag? After what I've been through?

It is not complaining about his situation that makes a man impressive, for it may even drive away those who love him the most.
Truly, it is what he does to fix his situation, that makes him impressive. That or he can stop being a whine ass.
I am sure you went through a lot, but every time we try to help you, you push us away and I am tired of you. Hopefully you will listen to people who are trying to help before you insult them, and make them wish they hadn't even tried.

vk2goh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2013, 3:15 am

i honestly can't say if I'll get married or not.

Even if I don't end up getting married, I've got a long list of things I still want to
achieve in terms of career and life opportunities

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 11:26 am

I don't believe in marriage. I'd rather my partner and I wake up every day and choose to be together. Every day he is by my side, I know it's because he really wants to be there and not because he feels obligated to do so. We don't need a paper saying we belong together as a set. It's an outdated concept. If two adults want to be together then they can be together on their own. Marriage throws on so many expectations and requirements that remove authenticity from a relationship.

There are special circumstances where I would get married, like if my partner or I could not work anymore and needed insurance and other legal benefits from the other. I would never want that to happen, but I'd do it to care for my partner.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 1:07 pm

appletheclown wrote:
Giftorcurse wrote:

Not even a whore would want you after saying something like that. I despise your lack of respect for women, even prostitutes. Prostitutes don't deserve to deal with windbags like you.

End of thread - that says it all.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 1:11 pm

kouzoku wrote:
I don't believe in marriage. I'd rather my partner and I wake up every day and choose to be together. Every day he is by my side, I know it's because he really wants to be there and not because he feels obligated to do so. We don't need a paper saying we belong together as a set. It's an outdated concept. If two adults want to be together then they can be together on their own. Marriage throws on so many expectations and requirements that remove authenticity from a relationship.

I hear this logical argument a lot, but it's always missing the angle - what about the morning you wake up angry and DON'T feel like being together? The modern couple simply runs out and screws someone else or never comes back. Marriage is supposed to be the LIFE-long commitment for when things are NOT rosy and perfect - that they'll stay together and work on problems rather than giving up at the drop of a hat.

Few people do this today - married or not.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 1:30 pm

BlueMax wrote:
kouzoku wrote:

I hear this logical argument a lot, but it's always missing the angle - what about the morning you wake up angry and DON'T feel like being together? The modern couple simply runs out and screws someone else or never comes back. Marriage is supposed to be the LIFE-long commitment for when things are NOT rosy and perfect - that they'll stay together and work on problems rather than giving up at the drop of a hat.

Exactly why I have no time for the whole concept of marriage - it's asking far to much of the average person

Sex with the same person for the rest of your life or be thought a sinful adulterer? F-k that!

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 1:45 pm

nessa238 wrote:
Exactly why I have no time for the whole concept of marriage - it's asking far too much of the average person

Sex with the same person for the rest of your life or be thought a sinful adulterer? F-k that!

To each their own, I suppose. We sure as heck aren't compatible there. ;) Just don't try to steal away someone from a happy marriage just because you want to play with him for a while.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 2:12 pm

BlueMax wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Exactly why I have no time for the whole concept of marriage - it's asking far too much of the average person

To each their own, I suppose. We sure as heck aren't compatible there. ;) Just don't try to steal away someone from a happy marriage just because you want to play with him for a while.

I'd never do that

People don't tend to play away from their marriage when they're happy anyway

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2013, 2:45 pm

BlueMax wrote:
kouzoku wrote:

That's the POINT - it means a lot more when you consciously decide to stick with someone simply because you care for them, not because you have a "contract" that says you HAVE to. That's what I mean when I say a piece of paper removes the authenticity of the relationship.

Why do you need a piece of paper to have a deep commitment to someone? That doesn't make sense! It's more like negative reinforcement: "If you screw up, you'll face a nasty divorce! Bwahaha!"

Marriage makes it even more difficult to get away from an abusive relationship, too. A lot of people feel pressured to stay in the relationship since they "promised" and they feel like failures if they get a divorce.

Love is a verb and it's something that a genuine person with integrity chooses to do through thick or thin - no marriage contract is going to make that more likely or possible. It comes from within. Yes, a lot of people are selfish but this has nothing to do with marriage.

bruinsy33
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 May 2013, 7:26 pm

It seems like most here have resigned themselves to never getting married. 8)