Page 10 of 27 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 27  Next

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 10:13 am

PsychoSarah wrote:
He constantly annoys me, so I insult him, end of story. Not insulting all of WP (at least, not on purpose). It was a comment on meeting people on a dating site, which tend to be desperate people.

I don't think you're insulting him at all. All you're doing is giving him more fuel to poke fun at you.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 10:14 am

PsychoSarah wrote:
He constantly annoys me, so I insult him, end of story. Not insulting all of WP (at least, not on purpose). It was a comment on meeting people on a dating site, which tend to be desperate people.

Well you're calling me desperate as well then and I'm not

Where do you meet your partners then Miss Perfect?

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 10:21 am

I am not perfect. Clearly, as I never intended to insult anyone besides Boo, who takes it upon himself to get a bunch of people to go make fun of me. I don't have a dating life, or many prospects of having one. And I don't think highly of myself. If I insulted other people, then I am sorry. :(

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 10:24 am

spongy wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Is the OP saying they consider themself a nerd or just others?

I changed from typical nerd to a someone with nerdy interests.

Boo 1.0 was a typical nerd: very skinny, no sense of haircut/fashion, no single sport activity, tense glasses who talks nerdy stuff most of the times.

I no longer talk much about nerdy stuff in public too, things like computers, science news, history...etc.

Because, seriously....IT BORES OTHER PEOPLE TO TEARS, I've learned this in the hard way.

When I was 14 I was a typical nerd by choice.

I had tried just about everything else and I felt comfortable with shirts from bands/cartoons and stuff ) instead of sport clothes/posh clothes(you either wear soccer/surf clothing or wear a polo, otherwise prepare to be ignored by most teenagers)

I was somewhat happy.

Yes I wasnt the most popular kid but hey at least I felt comfortable with my clothes which improved the way people saw me somewhat.

One day I was at class and everyone was bored.
When my class mates got bored they talked.
One day two guys that barely like me decided itd be cool to make me a check list on how to improve my fashion style/get a girl and make me their project.

I ignored their requests but it happened again that same year with unrelated people and I still remembered most of the list so I made a point to show them I was doing this by choice.

Right now Ive updated my clothing style to something more fashionable(several pairs of $70 jeans from standard surf trademarks bought at $20 on clearance sales over the years...) and I get no complaints.
People pay more attention to me it is interesting.

Last month I was wearing the standard "cool" sweater(billabong sweater looking like the sign was painted all over bought online and the shipping was higher than the price itself ) and a friend of my parents told me in a shocked tone that their kid had showed little/no excitement towards a ridiculously overpriced posh sweater($150 she said) and she may need my help soon :lol:

I've noticed this strange difference in attitude depending on what clothes you wear

I used to have this jacket that I bought as a result of seeing it in a fashion magazine; like a military style short jacket but with these gold beads on the cuffs and round the collar and I remember once when I wore it to work and was at the bus station on my way home, people seemed to suddenly be giving me attention out of nowhere - I thought surely it's not down to this stupid
poncey jacket?! (which I had been wary of wearing out in public full stop as it looked a bit OTT to me ie a drawing attention to yourself type jacket)

Then it happened again last year when I bought a more trendy winter coat with a pink pattern on it and a fake fur collar
The effect it had on people was staggering - as if you were 'someone' just from wearing a coat with a fur collar!
I found it both amusing and very sad that people were impressed by this stuff - it was just clothing!

The fur collar was removable and I ended up removing it as I couldn't deal with the response it got, even though it was predominatly positive! lol It just wasn't me basically.

So I'm well aware of the power of clothing.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 10:27 am

PsychoSarah wrote:
I am not perfect. Clearly, as I never intended to insult anyone besides Boo, who takes it upon himself to get a bunch of people to go make fun of me. I don't have a dating life, or many prospects of having one. And I don't think highly of myself. If I insulted other people, then I am sorry. :(

I don't understand the logic of you thinking people on dating sites are desperate then if you aren't even in the dating game yourself

Why are they desperate?

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 10:53 am

In 6th grade I had braces,in band ,so I was carrying a flute around,always a pile of books,had no fashion sense at all,and got bullied.
In High School I was in the gifted classes,played D&D,and joined clubs.But I also hung out with the stoners,some of them liked D&D also.And I didn't get bullied anymore because life events toughened me up quick.Some how bullies sense this and will leave you alone,most are cowards anyway.
It's just like any other group of people,some are hot,some are not.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 11:06 am

nessa238 wrote:
PsychoSarah wrote:

I don't understand the logic of you thinking people on dating sites are desperate then if you aren't even in the dating game yourself

Why are they desperate?

It wasn't a well thought out insult.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

16 May 2013, 11:07 am

PsychoSarah wrote:

I'd like to compare your photo to those of some of the women on OKC in my city. About half of them are between 7-10/10. Desperate...lol. Somebody is definitely not tactful. That's for sure.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 11:09 am

Those might not be their actual pictures.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 11:15 am

PsychoSarah wrote:
Those might not be their actual pictures.

maybe, not some of the ones I've met.

You have a lot of tact. Don't worry. You'll go far with it, especially in the work force.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 11:18 am

I get a chance to think about what I say before posting these messages. I am actually a lot more "psychotic" in real life. I'm working on it.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 11:49 am

PsychoSarah wrote:
I get a chance to think about what I say before posting these messages. I am actually a lot more "psychotic" in real life. I'm working on it.

I don't think you're psychotic, as you seem, if anything, more in touch with reality than most people here. Tactless and theory-of-mind-less...possibly. But some people (especially guys) view this type of awkwardness as cute. :P

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 12:29 pm

Dating online isn't always desperation. I'm an introvert, so that was the greatest decision I've ever made. I never would have been with anyone, and I would have not found the person I am currently (because he lived so far away) with someone who I couldn't imagine being without. I understand that you're not purposely trying to hurt others, aside from Boo, but that was pretty offensive, lol. I'm sure there are people dating in person that could be just as desperate as those dating online.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 12:36 pm

Kinme wrote:
Dating online isn't always desperation. I'm an introvert, so that was the greatest decision I've ever made. I never would have been with anyone, and I would have not found the person I am currently (because he lived so far away) with someone who I couldn't imagine being without. I understand that you're not purposely trying to hurt others, aside from Boo, but that was pretty offensive, lol. I'm sure there are people dating in person that could be just as desperate as those dating online.

Yes, what could be more desperate than having sex with a person who is so drunk they don't even know their own name, let alone have the capability of making a rational decision re whether they want sex with another person or not

Preying on drunk people is the epitome of desperation

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 12:39 pm

Am I the only one who wasn't hurt?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2013, 12:44 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
marshall wrote:
I know why I haven't posted in this subforum much. It's awkwardly cruel.

If you're an obese guy it's at least possible to bulk up on muscle and lose fat until you look like a football lineman with a bit of a gut rather than a blob. Hard work but maybe worth it. I think women can be attracted to the fat and strong look. You can try having a body like a jock even if you hate sports and are the biggest nerd.

Yeah, I've met ripped nerds before. Pretty cool. Furthermore, it's always possible to be as thin as you want just by regulating your food intake.

I think its harder than you think for people who have been fat before. Getting rid of all belly fat is really really hard once you've been fat at some point in your life. If you lower your food intake too much you lose muscle and still retain the pot belly which ends up looking even worse. I think its because the body goes into some kind of mammalian hibernation mode. It seems like some kind of vestigial evolutionary trait. You can do situps and core exercises and stuff to help improve your posture so your stomach doesn't stick out as much, but contrary to popular myth that won't get rid of the last layer of fat and make you look "ripped".