Page 24 of 27 [ 425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 7:14 pm

Man that video makes me totally hate everything "nerdy" ever.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 7:18 pm

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 7:49 pm

Sexiness is an attitude while nerdiness are a bunch of hobbies and interests that are considered minoritarian. If someone wants to be a sexy nerd, he/she'll have to apply the rules of what's considered sexy today (mystery, confidence...) and his/her nerdy interests will be an added value that will help the man/woman to overshadow the rest of "competitors".

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 9:38 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh_mRiGF2G0[/youtube]

Glasskitten
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 May 2013, 11:16 pm

I think the Nintendo guy is actually kind of cute. Looks like he might not be up for my dream date of a lengthy cryptozoology excursion in the rugged wilderness as of the time the photo was taken, but with the intent of more peaceful shared activities, is he really considered inadequately attractive...?

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 11:26 pm

Glasskitten wrote:
I think the Nintendo guy is actually kind of cute. Looks like he might not be up for my dream date of a lengthy cryptozoology excursion in the rugged wilderness as of the time the photo was taken, but with the intent of more peaceful shared activities, is he really considered inadequately attractive...?

He would be up for such a date, if he was single. He used to play airsoft and spend a decent amount of time in the woods. He's a bit into cryptozoology. He's actually really big in New Age stuff right now, like studying undersea pyramids and Sacred Geometry and stuff. I think he'd be up for a cryptozoology adventure, though. But again, he is taken.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 1:45 am

The Nintendo guy might not be a total geek nor a social inept, it's just a moment photo but it became a meme representing geek-gamers - and yes this meem (the photo, not the guy) is often associated with extreme geekiness. It's not me who's creating these demotivational posters.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 5:27 am

Misslizard wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I don't think it's true though that nerdy/geeky tendencies always make your sexier.

Sometimes, one is seen sexy regardless of his nerdy/geeky tendencies.

I don't think girls drool over this guy because of his D&D hobby:

I highly doubt that many of his female fans even know about his D&D thing, he's seen sexy by them because of his looks and attitude, the D&D doesn't give him any "+++" (nor ---) to his sexiness.

He does not look like anyone I played D&D with.He looks like a smug a$$hole.No thanks.

But he might be a nice guy.

You're judging him based on his looks in the same why how many girls judge guys with typical geeky looks. And yes, he was a hardcore D&D player (for 20 years).

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 9:32 am

Misslizard wrote:
:P

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 10:14 am

Vin Diesel plays D&D.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vin_Diesel#Personal_life

Quote:
Diesel has played Dungeons & Dragons for over 20 years,[20] and wrote the foreword for the commemorative book 30 Years of Adventure: A Celebration of Dungeons & Dragons. In the 30th anniversary issue of Dragon Magazine, it was revealed that Diesel had a fake tattoo of his character's name, Melkor, on his stomach while filming xXx.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:02 am

"Venger" is actually a character from the D&D animated series. I'm just a fan of the show though not the game.

Here's his right-hand man "Shadow Demon".

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:07 am

^ nerds :P

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:32 am

I like DnD based video games, not the original board game. I've once tried to read into the board game and I found it too overwhelming(and toooo geeky!) for a game, I was like "who plays this??" lol

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 11:52 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I like DnD based video games, not the original board game. I've once tried to read into the board game and I found it too overwhelming(and toooo geeky!) for a game, I was like "who plays this??" lol

ikr, I think the purpose it was originally made in the first place back in the mid-70s was because normal looking video games didn't exist yet for the most part.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 12:28 pm

Venger wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

ikr, I think the purpose it was originally made in the first place back in the mid-70s was because normal looking video games didn't exist yet for the most part.
I run a roleplaying group. It's a great avenue to promote creativity as well as help socially akward people bond through shared imagination.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2013, 12:30 pm

I'm too socially awkward even for those kinds of things.