Stop trying to be one of the Sheeple and do your own thing!

Page 4 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 10:09 pm

billiscool wrote:
DialAForAwesome wrote:
[quote="billiscool]"I am comfotable with myself. I like myself, but that not going to make the ladies want to date me. it doesn't matter. Im just too eccentric for the ladies. and last time I check, us weird aspie guys are not in women top 10 list of men to date.

Yeah, being comfortable with yourself means jack sh** these days. It's a nice thought, but it doesn't exactly get anyone flocking to you, if you're considered as unattractive, or too weird, or what have you.

And the catch-22 is, in order to be legitimately comfortable with yourself, others have to be comfortable around you. And guess what? If they're not, then you've already lost.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I know, eccentric aspie guys like myself, really aren't cut out for dating, oh,well. I get more pizza and beer :)

I think you can be as eccentric as you want as long as you have power to back it up.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 10:48 pm

1000Knives wrote:

I think you can be as eccentric as you want as long as you have power to back it up.

I have no idea what that means.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

18 May 2013, 10:51 pm

billiscool wrote:
1000Knives wrote:

I have no idea what that means.

Money, nice clothes, bearing, attitude, control, and connections.

Some of the most powerful people (men, in particular) are the most eccentric. The point is not being eccentric or normal. The point is being powerful or weak. With men, being normal is inversely related to monetary and social success, as is being weak.

If you struggle in life, it means not that you're eccentric, but that you're weak.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 12:05 am

If I drove a Subaru WRX instead of a Galant with a bumper held on with zip ties and some dents and scratches, you can bet girls wouldn't care if I was playing J-pop out of it.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 12:33 am

1000Knives wrote:
Yeah man, you just gotta believe in yourself and have self confidence and stuff.

And then when that doesn't work, you just keep beating the sh** out of stuff with the "self confidence" hammer.

Lol. That's perfectly written out.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 5:00 am

Tyri0n wrote:
If you struggle in life, it means not that you're eccentric, but that you're weak.

I disagree.

People at the top levels of power are often NPD, or sociopathic. To me that is being weak. Struggles are simply human, and success is scaled as to individual goals, and values; not to one standard of "(political) power and money."

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 5:12 am

Popsicle wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

I disagree.

People at the top levels of power are often NPD, or sociopathic. To me that is being weak. Struggles are simply human, and success is scaled as to individual goals, and values; not to one standard of "(political) power and money."

Aw la vie en rose....

And how else success is manifested in this world, especially for men, other than money/power/achievements? (because a woman becoming a housewife is seen as successful or at least respected, regardless how financially/acadamically sucessful she is)

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 5:45 am

Popsicle wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

I disagree.

I agree with this

You ae confusing actual weakness as in weakness of character with perceived social status

It all depends on whether a person buys in to societal norms of 'success'

I don't so a man with no money is not weak to me; he is only weak if his character is weak

There are plenty of rich people with weak characters; money creates weakness of character in my opinion as it means
a person doesn't have to struggle or use their wits to survive

In a post-apocalypse type situation I'd want the poor person who knew how to survive with no money, not the rich idiot who was used to flashing his cash everywhere to get what he wanted

If money lost it's value rich people would be very weak indeed - probably most would be killed for what they had very quickly. Different value systems would come into play very quickly and it would be all about being able to live on your strength and wits, not money

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 6:10 am

Quote:
In a post-apocalypse type situation I'd want the poor person who knew how to survive with no money, not the rich idiot who was used to flashing his cash everywhere to get what he wanted

In a post-apocalypse situation, you would want the man who can hunt the bigger two-headed tentacle deer, hence the most powerful in such situation.

Of course the power definition would change, but females would always seek power in males, whether it is money, talent or hunting skills.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 6:19 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

In a post-apocalypse situation, you would want the man who can hunt the bigger two-headed tentacle deer, hence the most powerful in such situation.

Of course the power definition would change, but females would always seek power in males, whether it is money, talent or hunting skills.

That's what I said - strength

Different talents come into play in different situations

It's strength of character that is the main thing though, regardless of power

I don't want a man with power over anyone; I want someone who understands me and who I can talk to in an intelligent manner

You seem to want to be like a pimp in a hip hop video with a flashy car and loads of money and tarty women at your beck and call - this seems to be your simplistic idea of power

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 8:07 am

nessa238 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

That's what I said - strength

Ding ding ding.

(strength can lead to power)

Female instinct.

Quote:
Different talents come into play in different situations

Ding ding ding.

(talents are strengths, and strength can lead to power)

Female instinct.

Btw, this was the point of my post above.

Quote:
It's strength of character that is the main thing though, regardless of power

Ding ding ding.

(Strength of character is ...well... strength , and strength can lead to power)

Female instinct.

Quote:
I don't want a man with power over anyone; I want someone who understands me and who I can talk to in an intelligent manner

Din...

This is just the instinctual need for communication and companionship talk here.

Quote:
You seem to want to be like a pimp in a hip hop video with a flashy car and loads of money and tarty women at your beck and call - this seems to be your simplistic idea of power

Not really, a successful man doesn't necessarily behave like a hip hop pimp like the way you're describing.

Just a cynical day, it's ok.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 8:18 am

Doing your own thing can lead to power, too. At least, it shows you don’t blindly follow the masses. Of course, going blindly against the masses is even worse :P

(Tool-tip text: “Hey, what are the odds -- five Ayn Rand fans on the same train! Must be going to a convention.”)

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 8:45 am

Spiderpig wrote:
Doing your own thing can lead to power, too. At least, it shows you don’t blindly follow the masses. Of course, going blindly against the masses is even worse :P

(Tool-tip text: “Hey, what are the odds -- five Ayn Rand fans on the same train! Must be going to a convention.”)

Lol

Yes everyone thinks they are more intelligent and complex than everyone else

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 8:49 am

Spiderpig wrote:

Couldn't be any more true. We all tend to think rather highly of ourselves at times.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 1:53 pm

nessa238 wrote:
Popsicle wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

I disagree.

I agree with this

You ae confusing actual weakness as in weakness of character with perceived social status

I don't so a man with no money is not weak to me; he is only weak if his character is weak

There are plenty of rich people with weak characters; money creates weakness of character in my opinion as it means

If money lost it's value rich people would be very weak indeed - probably most would be killed for what they had very quickly. Different value systems would come into play very quickly and it would be all about being able to live on your strength and wits, not money

Yeah, which will be totally awesome when the world turns into Fallout 3. LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER THEN.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 2:01 pm

1000Knives wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Popsicle wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:

I disagree.

I agree with this

Yeah, which will be totally awesome when the world turns into Fallout 3. LIFE WOULD BE SO MUCH BETTER THEN.

Lol

I was talking hypothetically

Me and my partner live on benefits so our money is always very tight

We hardly ever go out and spend most time online, watching TV/films or reading and we manage to survive ok

If a millionaire came along and said he'd take me away to a better life no way would I accept his offer