I am turning into a Misogynist.

Page 5 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 11:17 am

Schneekugel wrote:
I do not think, that the average Aspie wants to act as a control freak. But in many posts and threads I found tendencies, that see woman like a thing. My english is bad, so I dont mean it in the bad way like "You are a thing." but this typical Aspie way to find general rules and orders for every situations. So its seems to me, like we like to have rules and orders in the way of repetitive doing, we also like to do that when it comes to social contact.

I often read posts, where people describe situations (!) and then ask how they shall behave right to reach their goal. And for me in this is the first failure: Because it doesnt depend on the situation but on the feelings of the opposite person towards that situation. And you often find simply no description of this much more important part, what they think that the person they are talking about seems to feel in that situations, instead you get a description of situations.

I dont want to say, that this would mean that these Aspies wouldnt respect their opposites. They are trying much effort to find the rule and order for acting in situation xyz, so if you wouldnt like someone you wouldnt put much effort in it. But by doing so, they simply lack at the reality, that there are no rules to people, sure there are similarities and average characteristics, but you cant relie on that, when acting, you have to check first which kind of person is in front of you, and if he/she is acting according to standard NT rules be happy, but first you have to find out, by being empathic against that person.

So by talking about "control freaks" it must not mean automatic the father-complex guy but these Aspie type, that is blind to the emotions of the opposite and instead concentrate on finding the technical rules of its opposite, also can act as a control freak when getting frustrated, that his opposite doesnt act as it should be according to his manual. So as example: "Let me tell you the technical description of a situation that occured to me. The room had this and that measures, the temperature was this and that degrees, the organic lifeforms in the rooms moved these followings muscles of their body in the following order. According to my checklists I interpreted this as technical situations 501-B, and according to my lists the correct respond to technical situation 501-B. would be respond 45-Z9. So according to my situations manual I acted as it is in respond 45-Z9 is described, but got another result than the one I should get according to the manual. Can someone tell me which technical detail I forgot, so that I know according to the technical parameters which situation protocol I am expected to carry out from my opposite."

"I have no tried 3 different situation protocols, and according to my opposite, none was correct. So I demand that my opposite HAS to act according to one of my existing situations protocols, becaue the only protocols left are my damaged-opposite or b***h-opposite protocols, and if she dont fit in one of my existing woman-protocols, then she must be part of the damage or b***h protocols."

I have overdone it a bit, but this demanding on finding the right manual protocol is also a kind of control freak. The frustration you show in this thread is a frustration born about your opposite not acting according to one of your characteristics-protocols, you yourself have created." And its causing pressure for every woman that has contact to you. "Ah, no woman acts according to the good woman manual I have created. - Ah ok, that means they are all b*****s, and there are no more good woman in the world, because if there still were I should have success with my "Get a nice woman manual." sooner or later."

I think a big part of the wrong information in your manuals, are that you need not only to find a partner you are happy with, but you need to find a partner, that is happy with you as well. And as you have your own deeds and things you need to be happy, others have those as well. You can blame around all day how terrible other people are, that they dont want to become your partners, but what do you want to attain? That someone agrees to be your partner and be unhappy on your side, simply because you are too silent, dont share any interest, have no understanding for each other... Many NT-partners like to spend much time together, visit events together ... they dont do that for fun, but they need it for being happy in an relationship. If they cant do that with a person, then this persons simply doesnt fit for them as partners. Thats not about being bad, evil, a b***h or whatever, but simply that there is no sense if they agree to have a relationship with a partner they are not happy with, because what would their partner get then: A relationship with a depressed, sad person. So this makes no sense for none of the both.

As sad it is, but many Aspergers dont find partenrs, bot because the world is so evil and all men and women are egoistic as*holes, but simply because many of us dont fit with the gross of humanity as partners. For 95% of men I would also not fit as partner, and there is no sense in offending them to create pressure, so that one of them would agree to have an relationship with me. I write often enough, so I think most of you will now me. Are you monsters or male b*****s, because you think it wouldnt work with me as a partner? No. But I am simply not that kind of woman you need for having a happy relationship and so you would refuse. But this doesnt make you an evil person. ^^

I went as teenager to a technical High School that was visited by 2300 boys and 300 girls. And even there was noone that knew me interested in me, or those that had interest lost it, when they knew me. ^^ That doesnt turn 2300 boys into evil monsters and malebitches, but it simply where 2300 boys that need to be happy in an relationship a girl with other qualities. This site isnt called out of nothing "Wrong planet." We simply dont match with many, many people on that planet. But that doesnt make them evil. ^^

I also think this way. And imagine how hard it is for me to find a partner - I am intersex. But I don't think anyone who feels uncomfortable with me is a "bad person". I've been deeply hurt many times because of it, treated like a "thing" but there are accepting people out there - they are a small minority. I can't fault anyone for their preference. Most people never even heard of intersex before they met me.

Blaming others for our own unhappiness never solves anything. And it doesn't help us move forward. In this situation, it will block you from getting a good quality partner. Your feelings of resentment will drive away any good person.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 11:51 am

Schneekugel wrote:
I do not think, that the average Aspie wants to act as a control freak. But in many posts and threads I found tendencies, that see woman like a thing. My english is bad, so I dont mean it in the bad way like "You are a thing." but this typical Aspie way to find general rules and orders for every situations. So its seems to me, like we like to have rules and orders in the way of repetitive doing, we also like to do that when it comes to social contact.

I often read posts, where people describe situations (!) and then ask how they shall behave right to reach their goal. And for me in this is the first failure: Because it doesnt depend on the situation but on the feelings of the opposite person towards that situation. And you often find simply no description of this much more important part, what they think that the person they are talking about seems to feel in that situations, instead you get a description of situations.

I dont want to say, that this would mean that these Aspies wouldnt respect their opposites. They are trying much effort to find the rule and order for acting in situation xyz, so if you wouldnt like someone you wouldnt put much effort in it. But by doing so, they simply lack at the reality, that there are no rules to people, sure there are similarities and average characteristics, but you cant relie on that, when acting, you have to check first which kind of person is in front of you, and if he/she is acting according to standard NT rules be happy, but first you have to find out, by being empathic against that person.

So by talking about "control freaks" it must not mean automatic the father-complex guy but these Aspie type, that is blind to the emotions of the opposite and instead concentrate on finding the technical rules of its opposite, also can act as a control freak when getting frustrated, that his opposite doesnt act as it should be according to his manual. So as example: "Let me tell you the technical description of a situation that occured to me. The room had this and that measures, the temperature was this and that degrees, the organic lifeforms in the rooms moved these followings muscles of their body in the following order. According to my checklists I interpreted this as technical situations 501-B, and according to my lists the correct respond to technical situation 501-B. would be respond 45-Z9. So according to my situations manual I acted as it is in respond 45-Z9 is described, but got another result than the one I should get according to the manual. Can someone tell me which technical detail I forgot, so that I know according to the technical parameters which situation protocol I am expected to carry out from my opposite."

"I have no tried 3 different situation protocols, and according to my opposite, none was correct. So I demand that my opposite HAS to act according to one of my existing situations protocols, becaue the only protocols left are my damaged-opposite or b***h-opposite protocols, and if she dont fit in one of my existing woman-protocols, then she must be part of the damage or b***h protocols."

I have overdone it a bit, but this demanding on finding the right manual protocol is also a kind of control freak. The frustration you show in this thread is a frustration born about your opposite not acting according to one of your characteristics-protocols, you yourself have created." And its causing pressure for every woman that has contact to you. "Ah, no woman acts according to the good woman manual I have created. - Ah ok, that means they are all b*****s, and there are no more good woman in the world, because if there still were I should have success with my "Get a nice woman manual." sooner or later."

I think a big part of the wrong information in your manuals, are that you need not only to find a partner you are happy with, but you need to find a partner, that is happy with you as well. And as you have your own deeds and things you need to be happy, others have those as well. You can blame around all day how terrible other people are, that they dont want to become your partners, but what do you want to attain? That someone agrees to be your partner and be unhappy on your side, simply because you are too silent, dont share any interest, have no understanding for each other... Many NT-partners like to spend much time together, visit events together ... they dont do that for fun, but they need it for being happy in an relationship. If they cant do that with a person, then this persons simply doesnt fit for them as partners. Thats not about being bad, evil, a b***h or whatever, but simply that there is no sense if they agree to have a relationship with a partner they are not happy with, because what would their partner get then: A relationship with a depressed, sad person. So this makes no sense for none of the both.

As sad it is, but many Aspergers dont find partenrs, bot because the world is so evil and all men and women are egoistic as*holes, but simply because many of us dont fit with the gross of humanity as partners. For 95% of men I would also not fit as partner, and there is no sense in offending them to create pressure, so that one of them would agree to have an relationship with me. I write often enough, so I think most of you will now me. Are you monsters or male b*****s, because you think it wouldnt work with me as a partner? No. But I am simply not that kind of woman you need for having a happy relationship and so you would refuse. But this doesnt make you an evil person. ^^

I went as teenager to a technical High School that was visited by 2300 boys and 300 girls. And even there was noone that knew me interested in me, or those that had interest lost it, when they knew me. ^^ That doesnt turn 2300 boys into evil monsters and malebitches, but it simply where 2300 boys that need to be happy in an relationship a girl with other qualities. This site isnt called out of nothing "Wrong planet." We simply dont match with many, many people on that planet. But that doesnt make them evil. ^^

I think this is spot on. It's not always about doing something wrong. It's about finding a compatible partner. If you differ from the norm it's going to take more patience and more rejections before you find the right person. I think you get this anti-feminist MRA-type nonsense on here because aspie men would feel more comfortable if they had prescribed rules to follow. Traditional chivalry gives you rules, but it also can cheapen a relationship by making it contrived.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 2:28 pm

kouzoku wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:

I also think this way. And imagine how hard it is for me to find a partner - I am intersex. But I don't think anyone who feels uncomfortable with me is a "bad person". I've been deeply hurt many times because of it, treated like a "thing" but there are accepting people out there - they are a small minority. I can't fault anyone for their preference. Most people never even heard of intersex before they met me.

Blaming others for our own unhappiness never solves anything. And it doesn't help us move forward. In this situation, it will block you from getting a good quality partner. Your feelings of resentment will drive away any good person.

If you were born intersex, you should have a right to choose any which way you want to have sex or not if you don't. You should have more choice than the rest of us, I'm sorry you have to deal with people who think you are strange. Do what ever you want and have fun.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 9:52 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
marshall wrote:
zacb wrote:
I never really intended to, but I feel like I am turning into a misogynist. I am hating how women (at least the ones I run into) flake, how they are superficial, how they don't talk about anything but school and other stupid sh**, how they are complete sluts, and how they want equal rights, yet when you try to be nice and accommodating and be democratic ( I am a pacifist, and so I believe in compromise and such), you are a nice guy, or worse, a creeper. In all honesty, I am starting to wish the worse on there first born yada yada etc. . I hate to be this way, but it seems like the women I am running into are complete b*****s. Doesn't even matter if they are "moral", Christians, or whatever, they seem like b*****s that should go to hell. I am sorry, but the more I see of life, the more I feel like a nihilist, sexist, etc. . I want to see the best in people, but people are not giving me a lot to work with. Add to the fact that IDK if I could find the one, since my interests are weird (won't repeats, but even voluntaryism and pacifism are in a slim minority), and I try to be nice. But in any case, I am starting to rationalize being a player, even though I know it is wrong, but it seems like the only way to get my mind off the sadness. Thanks, and sorry for offending any sensible folks, you can discard this message, this message doesn't apply to you.

Call me a naive idiot that's never dated or whatever, but I don't think being a "nice guy" is a turnoff. Its probably the opposite. Being too passive and not giving them enough of the kind of attention they want (not necessarily flirting, just complimenting them, taking an interest in their experiences, etc...) is the turnoff. You can't go for women you are sexually attracted to but find too boring to have a conversation with. You also have to realize it's not always about you. Girls can flake out because they feel just as awkward and unconfidant as you. It's rude, yea, but it might not have anything to do with you. Not until you get pissed off and act pushy that they get nasty. Acting more "alpha" or being a "player" isn't going to help IMO. Competing for horny women who like that kind of thing is pointless. Chances are the women were sexually attracted to you (which is why they didn't reject right away) but it was a social skills issue. Perhaps I'm way off, it's hard to me to know, so don't take anything the wrong way.

Yes, being a nice guy can be a turnoff. It can also be sexist. Men who treat women with kid gloves or put women on a pedestal out of a sense of outdated chivalry are nice guys and sexist at the same time.

I try to treat women like I treat men--no chivalry, no special favors, no glass doll complex--and it often works, though I do get called an as*hole a lot. I often have arguments with women that are completely nonsexual in nature, and most of my arch enemies IRL are women. But there's nothing sexual or gendered about it. Just personality clashes and the fact that I don't bend over backwards to please women like most guys do.

Guys who are like "I love women and just want to protect them" are disgusting to me. It's creepy and sexist. It's probably why they don't get laid, in spite of being a "nice guy." Chivalry is gross. I don't believe it's my job to protect anyone other than myself.

There are two ways to come across that attract women (1) blatant machisimo and (2) support for actual gender equality/often appears as just not caring about society's rules. Men who try too hard to be chivalrous and put women on a pedestal are the ones who usually get hit by pepper spray.

I guess that is my point. Naturally, I am peace loving, and want to help people, but people seem to act like jackasses, so why should I cared about them anymore? I guess that is what my point was. And in all fairness, there are some really jackass guys too, but at least there is more to talk about, thus negating any ill feelings. So in all honesty, there are jackasses in both sexes. So why should I be nice is it gets me nothing?

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2013, 9:59 pm

kouzoku wrote:
Schneekugel wrote:

True. Here is the thing though. I am trying to improve myself. Dress up more, trying to learn more social interaction mechanisms, among other things. I am also trying to be more open in public, which is kinda so so, so far. And I guess I am not just mad at them, but mad at aspergers, moving, not having someone that understands (my father), and not being able to connect, it just makes me mad. I never asked for any of this. I just want to be a little more normal. I want to even be able to handle a relationship for more than two minutes. But it seems like no one cares what I have to say. Thus I am depressed, since I have so many ideas in my head, yet I can't release them, less I bore someone. And as far as improvement in terms of meeting people, I have made very little progress. I just feel stuck. And I feel like I have done everything I could have done, thus who's problem is it? Is it mine?

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 4:43 pm

OP: If you really want to know where you are making mistakes socially, ask some people who know you well, such as your family or a close friend. Tell them to be very honest and how your behaviors can be changed. You may be doing some things that are scaring people off without knowing it...but how are you going to know about these things unless someone tells you? It`s important to become, at the very least, aware of your behaviors if you want to change any of them.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2013, 5:03 pm

zacb wrote:
True. Here is the thing though. I am trying to improve myself. Dress up more, trying to learn more social interaction mechanisms, among other things. I am also trying to be more open in public, which is kinda so so, so far. And I guess I am not just mad at them, but mad at aspergers, moving, not having someone that understands (my father), and not being able to connect, it just makes me mad. I never asked for any of this. I just want to be a little more normal. I want to even be able to handle a relationship for more than two minutes. But it seems like no one cares what I have to say. Thus I am depressed, since I have so many ideas in my head, yet I can't release them, less I bore someone. And as far as improvement in terms of meeting people, I have made very little progress. I just feel stuck. And I feel like I have done everything I could have done, thus who's problem is it? Is it mine?

Don't be so hard on yourself. My guess is you're probably attractive and make a good first impression which you should feel good about. That's kind of a double edged sward though as you'll get a lot of people who are initially attracted to you but then don't have enough in common to build the friendship element. I'd just say to hell with the NT way of trying to make romance without a friendship. I just don't think its possible for people like us. Just try to find someone you can have fun with. Maybe take an anti-depressant to lower your sex drive if that's getting in the way. :lol:

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 4:04 am

marshall wrote:
My guess is you're probably attractive and make a good first impression which you should feel good about. That's kind of a double edged sward though as you'll get a lot of people who are initially attracted to you but then don't have enough in common to build the friendship element.

I've actually experienced what you're talking about here, making a good first impression that actually ends up causing problems down the road. In my case, it's because I present well enough that people tend to overlook or minimize the issues that I do have, and then end up wondering what my problem is when I go into a low energy cycle or become emotionally distant. This is also a problem that I face generally as a well adapted high functioning person, minimization of real problems because they're hard for outsiders to observe, but it becomes particularly acute when dating.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 7:15 am

I think that is true. Someone may like me at first, or have the hots, but sometimes I am not the most emotionally intelligent. I am working on getting some people to hang out with (already have one friend). And I was thinking about maybe trying some medication, but I was thinking something more natural, such as Valerian (ordered) or perhaps medicinal pot if Valerian didn't work (don't know if that is against the TOS, so forgive me if not).

jlsvc92
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

27 May 2013, 8:41 am

zacb wrote:
I think that is true. Someone may like me at first, or have the hots, but sometimes I am not the most emotionally intelligent. I am working on getting some people to hang out with (already have one friend). And I was thinking about maybe trying some medication, but I was thinking something more natural, such as Valerian (ordered) or perhaps medicinal pot if Valerian didn't work (don't know if that is against the TOS, so forgive me if not).

Valerian will make you just relaxed and you'll need a huge load to get something, I needed 5 the day I had my driving license test and still went nervous, although I did pretty well xD

meems
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 10:35 pm

There's no misogyny here on WP

None at all

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 10:59 pm

Im not Misogynist. Just conservative on gender issues. which makes liberals, feminist, and white knights mad.
but making liberal and feminist mad is not too hard.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

27 May 2013, 11:39 pm

billiscool wrote:
Im not Misogynist. Just conservative on gender issues. which makes liberals, feminist, and white knights mad.

Nor is making MRA's mad. I made a thread to goad MRA's and it ballooned to 22 pages of butt hurt rants. :lol:

meems
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2013, 11:39 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
billiscool wrote:

Nor is making MRA's mad. I made a thread to goad MRA's and it ballooned to 22 pages of butt hurt rants. :lol:

That thread turned into a river of MRA tears, it was beautiful.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 12:09 am

Tyri0n wrote:
billiscool wrote:

well MRA, liberals and Feminist, and far right wing christians can all be butt hurt for all I care.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2013, 12:13 am

So is this now the thread for listing all the groups we dislike or something?

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I