my pickup lines,and why no women ''hates'' me

Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

01 Jun 2013, 3:02 am

I bet they think it's cute (as others have said). You are clearly very autistic and pose no real threat. You might be disabled and simple enough that they see you as autistic, rather than as "creepy" like they see many aspie guys. They might even want to be your friend, and it might not even be a pity relationship. It's a thing some girls do to make themselves feel better about themselves. I know girls who befriend mentally disabled homeless people for similar reasons and spend hours listening to their incoherent ramblings. Being nice to weak things is something in which some women take pleasure. I do not know if it is a cultural thing, or an instinctual thing. I am not aware of the actual reason. But maybe an actual woman can clarify.

PresidentPorpoise
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jun 2013, 3:51 am

Well, for one thing, no offense, but those aren't good pickup lines. James Bond at his most suave might have trouble getting dates if he tried using some of those, so I highly doubt they'll be remotely successful for most aspies.

And, most importantly, why do you feel the need to use pickup lines in the first place? As several other posters have noted, a lot of aspies don't really pull them off so well, and they're a really forced, inorganic way of trying to start a relationship. Just try and develop friendships between yourself and other people, and if you feel like there might be something between you and a girl, just casually ask her out to get coffee together or something like that (without saying "buy me coffee"). Also, it says you're 30 under your avatar, so aren't you sort of limiting your options, and, to be blunt, making your odds of success significantly lower by not considering dating women closer to your own age?

girly_aspie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jun 2013, 1:11 pm

billiscool wrote:
when you lift weights, it gets to your head, and see the gym female employee, and want to date them or try too.
you have a tank top on, bench pressing super heavy, doing 50 pound dumbbells crulls, and see the cute female workers.
and want to get her. Gym folks may understand, what this all means.

I'm a gym person and ... none of this is good. But I'm pretty sure you're just going to ignore all the advice anyway and keep "hitting on" women like this :roll:

AQ: 44
IQ: 167
Aspie Quiz Result: 185/200
NT result: 22/200
BAP: 132 aloof, 108 rigid and 121 pragmatic

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 1:13 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
I bet they think it's cute (as others have said). You are clearly very autistic and pose no real threat. You might be disabled and simple enough that they see you as autistic, rather than as "creepy" like they see many aspie guys. They might even want to be your friend, and it might not even be a pity relationship. It's a thing some girls do to make themselves feel better about themselves. I know girls who befriend mentally disabled homeless people for similar reasons and spend hours listening to their incoherent ramblings. Being nice to weak things is something in which some women take pleasure. I do not know if it is a cultural thing, or an instinctual thing. I am not aware of the actual reason. But maybe an actual woman can clarify.

there might be some truth behind what you said. I don't know if they think I have autism ( to be honest, most people have hard time telling
who has autism) but they do know that I am little ''different'' ( haven't I've been saying I am eccentric)

and they might also be another reason I can pull my lines off, without really creepy them out.
but then again I never use my line on a woman I just met, so I don't know.
but I don't go around worrying if some woman will find me creepy or not, you can't live life that way. got to go out there,
and talk to the ladies, there is no reason not too.

and if the ladies do find me creepy, so does everyone else. That how I solve that problem.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2013, 1:16 pm

girly_aspie wrote:
billiscool wrote:
when you lift weights, it gets to your head, and see the gym female employee, and want to date them or try too.
you have a tank top on, bench pressing super heavy, doing 50 pound dumbbells crulls, and see the cute female workers.

I'm a gym person and ... none of this is good. But I'm pretty sure you're just going to ignore all the advice anyway and keep "hitting on" women like this :roll:

they all know me. they know my personality. they know Im eccentric. so yes, it not as bad as you people think it is.
I never done my pickup line on woman I just met.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 11:49 am

billiscool wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
Bill:
1) Don't use pickup lines. They rarely work for people of our nature.

2) They don't hate you, but this sort of stuff certainly does make them pity you.
To put it bluntly, they'll know there's something different about you and feel if they hated you they'd be seen as a bigot or fascist of some kind. So instead that hate turns into pity and such.

3) Form substantial, meaningful friendships with the women you like over a natural course and not brought about your own agendas. See how that works out for you.

4) You could do what you always do and ignore all this.

This.^^^

You say you make friends with all these women but how substantial are these "friendships"? Do you ever hangout with them socially outside of the gym? Otherwise it sounds like you may come accross you as a weird or creepy older guy whom they are either to nervous to ignore or (in the case of actual gym employees) obligated to be nice too you as part of thier job.

Don't mistake niceness for comfort or relatability. Just because they don't run away screaming doesn't mean you've forged a connection......... :wink:

It's a gym thing. gym guys are kinda of cocky. some of them are.
So in other words........not real friendships.

Just attarctive women who work at the gym (and who likely get hit on all the time by guys) but are obligated to be nice since it's thier job............

This seems like a brag thread, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what you're bragging about.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 12:30 pm

Here is what you dont seem to get bill:

Couple of weeks ago I was with some "friends", I joined the table of some lady I like to speak with(we get along fine, that is all) and two random people joined us.
This was nothing new so I went along with it.
I asked the first person what she did and she told me about her life for a few minutes.
I asked the first man what he did and he told me he was a dirty old man(his words not mine) and he was retired
I was a bit surprised by the whole dirty old man but I figured he had an odd sense of humour.

Within 20 minutes someone put me aside and started laughing in a very low tone. I asked said person what was wrong.
Apparently true to his words dirty old man had decided to hit on the oldest female member and she couldnt help to just see it as a joke.

I told her about the dirty old man incident, she told me that she had been pointed out his name was similar to sex, in case she couldnt remember it and she had just made a point to leave asap(not creepy at all right?)

This man hasnt interacted with the oldest female member in the past weeks and he wont interact with her any time soon.
Why? He made an awful first impression with extremely lame pickup lines.

This thread reminded me of that incident because Im quite positive that this females do talk about your pickup lines behind your back, the thing is, when you hit on someone that gets paid by treating you nicely chances of her reacting badly to your face are close to none man

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 1:00 pm

billiscool wrote:

So working out makes men amorous!? I'll have to reconsider a gym membership.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 5:17 pm

Bill, don't use pick up lines. That's just lame...

I wonder why nobody has ever thought of saying "Hey, I like you a lot. Would you like to go on a date with me?". I think most people (not just girls) would rather someone was upfront about it instead of, y'know, bullshitting them.

cakey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2013, 5:44 pm

MindBlind wrote:
Bill, don't use pick up lines. That's just lame...

I wonder why nobody has ever thought of saying "Hey, I like you a lot. Would you like to go on a date with me?". I think most people (not just girls) would rather someone was upfront about it instead of, y'know, bullshitting them.

I love that line. It's polite and also honest! It'd be hard to decline.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:46 pm

spongy wrote:

This thread reminded me of that incident because Im quite positive that this females do talk about your pickup lines behind your back, the thing is, when you hit on someone that gets paid by treating you nicely chances of her reacting badly to your face are close to none man

Oh, Im sure they do. they have nothing better to talk about. then my pickup lines.

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 7:54 pm

actual my pickup lines do have truth behind them. I did win the 10k age group (30-34), so that makes me a ''winner''
because I won, the 10k 30-34 male age group. and I did ask her, ''you like winners''
and she said ''yes''. so, that is all correct.

none of it' B.S. don't most women like winners. I won some other age group too in running in other races.
and some 2nd and 3rd place age group too.

and the woman I hit on, also likes running too. and staying in shape like me, so my pickup lines, aren't too out of line.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2013, 10:28 pm

billiscool wrote:
you have a tank top on, bench pressing super heavy, doing 50 pound dumbbells curls, and see the cute female workers.

1) tank-tops look sorta gay regardless of how ripped the guy is.

2) women ignore wimpy-guys in the gym, but when the guy gets strong they still ignore him since they automatically assume he's lifting heavy-weights solely to impress them, so it's a no-win situation either way.

3) nobody cares how much somebody dumbbell curl

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 12:01 am

billiscool wrote:
spongy wrote:

Oh, Im sure they do. they have nothing better to talk about. then my pickup lines.

Judging by what I see offline and online(some girl posting on fb about it as if it was a funny status) I would say it happens way more frequently than you think

However if you dont mind this sort of thing there is no need to change

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 12:27 am

spongy wrote:
billiscool wrote:
spongy wrote:

Judging by what I see offline and online(some girl posting on fb about it as if it was a funny status) I would say it happens way more frequently than you think

However if you dont mind this sort of thing there is no need to change

hey, you can't get depressed every time a girl rejects you. You got to keep going. Know what Im saying.
personaly I really don't care, if these gym ladies talk about me or not, I got enough sh-t, to worry about.
sorry, If Im being harsh, but it don't bother me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 1:35 am

spongy wrote:

True that, why would they react badly to a free ego-booster and a laugh to talk about to friends? :lol:

Stop giving them that, billiscool, seriously, it won't give you a gf.