Close Encounters with.. an ex

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

meems
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 11:29 pm

She's crying on my couch.

I am pretending to text. Actually, she asked who I was texting and I said "Oh, I'm live-tweeting your breakup." and offered a high five.

This is pretty awkward.

Have you had awkward encounters with an ex, and if so, what happened?

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 11:33 pm

meems wrote:
She's crying on my couch.

I am pretending to text. Actually, she asked who I was texting and I said "Oh, I'm live-tweeting your breakup." and offered a high five.

This is pretty awkward.

not awkward, but everytime I see my ex girlfriend, I always try to see if she wants to get back together
so far I am 0-3, maybe the fourth time she'll take me back.

so maybe awkward for her, but not for me.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 11:41 pm

That is pretty awkward when an ex wants to get back together when you don't. It's hard, because that prevents friendship or really having anything to do with them. :(

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 11:47 pm

It was a couple days after we broke up for good. He told me to punch him because he knew I wanted to, and I did - and we both laughed about it, with him complimenting my left hook to my mother! We ended up staying friends for a while. He's one of those people who's a great person and gorgeous to boot, but not boyfriend material. Here's us together when we were still friends:

An Old Friend and I

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2013, 11:49 pm

meems wrote:
That is pretty awkward when an ex wants to get back together when you don't. It's hard, because that prevents friendship or really having anything to do with them. :(

maybe you could just pretend to be busy all the time, so she won't bother you.
good luck on solving your ex girlfriend problem.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 8:46 am

EmoGlambertAspie wrote:
It was a couple days after we broke up for good. He told me to punch him because he knew I wanted to, and I did - and we both laughed about it, with him complimenting my left hook to my mother! We ended up staying friends for a while. He's one of those people who's a great person and gorgeous to boot, but not boyfriend material. Here's us together when we were still friends:

An Old Friend and I

I think I have a few exes who would've liked to have had the opportunity to punch me, at some point. That's a pretty adorable story and you're both super adorable. :)

meems
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 8:54 am

billiscool wrote:
meems wrote:

It's not a problem, it's just weird. She needed somewhere to cry about this girl breaking up with her. I get a lot of credit from exes for being supportive and crap but I mostly just pretend to listen and I am somewhat convincing.

I lack emotional intelligence I think. That makes these situations awkward but the alternative is being a jerk and telling people to f**k off.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 9:00 am

meems wrote:
It's not a problem, it's just weird. She needed somewhere to cry about this girl breaking up with her. I get a lot of credit from exes for being supportive and crap but I mostly just pretend to listen and I am somewhat convincing.

That's probably all she needed.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 11:02 am

meems wrote:
billiscool wrote:
meems wrote:

I'm pretty much the same but a little too blunt sometimes. My roommate is going through a breakup and I gave her a tarot reading last night that made her cry...........felt horrible. :cry:

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 12:48 pm

Considering Makayla's my first girlfriend, I doubt I'll ever have an ex to tell stories about XD.

If I ever get an inter-dimensional crystal ball-

No, wait, I'm with her there too. :lol:

Author/Writer

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 3:50 pm

It's been eight years since my divorce and the jackass still calls here wanting to come visit. :roll: How many times do you have to say no to a clueless person???Don't they ever understand what no means?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 4:22 pm

meems wrote:

The most awkward encounter with an ex was when I showed up to the first divorce hearing with my lawyer, and my soon-to-be-ex had to explain to the judge why she and the well-dressed man sitting behind her had the same address.

Awkward for her, I mean ... I never did have to pay one penny of "Spousal Support" (a.k.a., "Alimony").

:twisted:

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 5:36 pm

How about an ex bringing you a birthday cake years after divorce to your work in front of everyone. 8O

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 6:20 pm

^^^^Well,that takes the cake :lol:

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2013, 6:32 pm

I'm friends with quite a few of my ex's. There are a few that I don't like, a few that I can't stand, and one or two that I downright hate. Like my ex husband. I downright hate him. But, I'm friends with his wife (or she might be his ex wife now) she was my friend in high school and I hated her while I was married to him and he cheated on me with her, but we are fine now. In fact, I went and got her and brought her here during her nervous breakdown after he shot that boy in front of her then shot at her. I'm also friends with two of his brothers, one of whom has saved my life before and who I consider family and who is going to stay with us for a couple of weeks when he gets parole which hopefully he will do this time.

Some ex's are crazy but for the most part, the ones that aren't crazy can make good friends.

Just be careful. And whatever you do be extra careful during one of their breakups because they might want ex sex.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2013, 6:08 am

I haven't seen my second BF since we broke up in 2007, not even online. I didn't even fathom the possibility of staying friends with him.

I haven't seen the first BF for a few years. Last I heard he had to quit accounting due to short term memory issues and now he's a door man at Big W. I guess it'd be awkward seeing him, especially if he's moved on and has a partner and kid in tow, who knows. Part of me secretly wishes he's hopelessly single and that he keeps repeating his unhealthy relationship/dating tactics time and time again, so as to prove that he was the problem in our relationship, not me. I wonder if he's changed and grown any. I know I have and I wonder if he'd like the new me.

I'm friends with my third BF and we're not awkward at all. But then we haven't been in each others physical presence yet :P

ETA: awkward in a socially awkward sense.