Interested in a Guy with AS, but I'm not sure what to do?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Red321
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2013, 10:33 pm

Okay, so I'm very shy, but people always assume I must be outgoing because of my appearance... which is kind of silly when you think about it.

So there is man that has been interested in me for 2 years now. I have reciprocated a few times, but he often times just stares "a lot" at me...

Recently I was out on the town, and we were out at the same place. The music was loud so I didn't realize that he was even talking to me. Plus, my hearing isn't great. Apparently he was speaking to me for quite a bit, and he was so happy to see me... until he thought I was ignoring him, so now he must think that I'm rejecting him.

He's also a super sweet guy when we actully do speak to each other, but that's when he really gets nervous is talking.

Not to mention I'm a virgin... So that's always in the back of my mind.
He's 14 years older then me, and I'm 20.

I'm so nervous around him, any suggestions?
Normally, it's easier for me, but I really like him.

Last edited by Red321 on 24 Jun 2013, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 10:38 pm

hiya Red :) welcome to our club 8)
you could try emailing him a friendly hello or inviting him to join WP and having a PM relationship with him before you spend more time f2f. just a suggestion.

Red321
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2013, 10:57 pm

Thanks but he's actually all anti-technology to the "extreme"...

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 10:59 pm

Red321 wrote:
Thanks but he's actually all anti-technology to the extreme...

if you have his snail-mailing addy, he might welcome snailmail letters [the old-fashioned kind] from you, in which you can basically tell him without the stress of a face-to-face encounter, what you told us all here. you can tell a lot about how a person writes. even if his grammar/syntax are imperfect the words he uses will reveal what is in his heart, if you learn to read between the lines a bit [in other words, pay attention to what he does NOT say].

Red321
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2013, 11:15 pm

Wow, that's a really good idea. I never even thought about anything like that, but knowing him he'de like it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2013, 11:22 pm

Red321 wrote:
Wow, that's a really good idea. I never even thought about anything like that, but knowing him he'de like it.

what I meant to say was "you can tell a lot about a person by how he writes."