I Have Aspergers, But I'm Not Attracted Guys With Aspergers?

Page 3 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Are You Attrated To People With Aspergers?
Usually 32%  32%  [ 24 ]
Usually Not 23%  23%  [ 17 ]
I Don't Care Either Way 45%  45%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 74

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 10:26 am

Oh sh*t - by Tyrions standards I am an NT. :razz: :lol: *runs away*

Actually on topic: I like aspie guys and have a bit of a thing for the aspie guys that manage to make it through their life with some maturity and common sense. If they actually make something of themselves then I probably have more respect for them too (compared to their NT coupterparts), because I know first hand how damn difficult it can be.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 2:30 pm

Kjas wrote:
Oh sh*t - by Tyrions standards I am an NT. :razz: :lol: *runs away*

Actually on topic: I like aspie guys and have a bit of a thing for the aspie guys that manage to make it through their life with some maturity and common sense. If they actually make something of themselves then I probably have more respect for them too (compared to their NT coupterparts), because I know first hand how damn difficult it can be.

:thumright: Yeah, I think along those lines, too and respect aspies who have a reasonable go at life to the best of their abilities.

Also, even though I generally have little patience for people's "issues", at least aspie issues are something I can identify with, so I have a lot more patience for those. But I haven't met enough aspies in real life to generalise from that, so I have to mostly go by what I read on WP.

deluge1988
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Aug 2013, 3:56 pm

Last edited by deluge1988 on 01 Aug 2013, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2013, 4:11 pm

deluge1988 wrote:
Simple answer: Because Asperger basically implies chronically low levels of charisma.
Which is unattractive to anyone, thus to you as well.

It may imply a low level of charisma, but in actuality that isn't always true at all. :?

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2013, 12:49 am

Tyri0n wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
What's the point of this thread? To tell the world that we're unattractive for you?

She is obsessed with men out of her league, like the married one she's stalking.

Op should read my Ugly Girl Entitlement Disorder thread.

Dude, I'm not stalking anyone and the guy I like isn't married, how do you even know who he is anyway? I haven't seen him or contacted him in 5 years!

www.stewartmango.com

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 1:06 am

Tyri0n wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Generally I am attracted to Neurotypical guys,
because:
1) I love sex. They love sex.
2) They tend to be a bit more confident
3) They are better at feeling my needs and comforting me

Now that we are on the topic of pointless digs, similarly, I am attracted to NT women.

1) They don't have weird sensory issues or dumb inhibitions that interfere with sex.

2) They are more likely to be confident, can pay their own way, and take better care of themselves.

3) They are less likely to be emotionally unstable. I can talk to them like an adult instead of like a hysterical child.

Of course, the last one is not necessarily a problem. I feel the same way but don't show it, so sometimes it's nice to have someone around who gets me.

Still, I do like talking to adults some of the time.

tit for tat.

and I agree with the above.

For instance, I have never seen in the real life that high % of women in a single NT community who love steroid-ed buffs that much so yea, Aspie women are certainly less mature.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 1:11 am

Tyri0n wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
What's the point of this thread? To tell the world that we're unattractive for you?

She is obsessed with men out of her league, like the married one she's stalking.

Op should read my Ugly Girl Entitlement Disorder thread.

The OP is certainly aware that this board is full of involuntary celibate guys who are already struggling in being attractive to NT women, so this thread sounds like "We asssspie women don't like you either, die loserssss" **spitting acid on wounds**

The thing is that the OP didn't like any AS guy before simply because she didn't meet someone with AS she finds attractive yet, it shouldn't be a correlation with AS, I highly doubt she met hundreds of Aspie guys - however labeling them all as "Guys with Asperger" suggests that it's their AS that makes them unattractive for her.

So this is what the thread is all about, it's pouring acid on the wounds of guys here.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 3:44 am

i really don't like the whole mentality that NT's should stick with dating NT's and Aspies should stick with dating Aspies.

especially since probably 95%+ of people are not Aspie so why severely restrict yourself?

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 4:00 am

Tyri0n wrote:
MjrMajorMajor wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
Generally I am attracted to Neurotypical guys,
because:
1) I love sex. They love sex.
2) They tend to be a bit more confident
3) They are better at feeling my needs and comforting me

Now that we are on the topic of pointless digs, similarly, I am attracted to NT women.

1) They don't have weird sensory issues or dumb inhibitions that interfere with sex.

2) They are more likely to be confident, can pay their own way, and take better care of themselves.

3) They are less likely to be emotionally unstable. I can talk to them like an adult instead of like a hysterical child.

Of course, the last one is not necessarily a problem. I feel the same way but don't show it, so sometimes it's nice to have someone around who gets me.

Still, I do like talking to adults some of the time.

Out of curiosity, this is based on how many AS women you know? :chin:

Probably a higher number than the number of aspie men whom Cafeaulait knows.

I´ve gotten to know quite a lot of aspie men, actually. Further, I am not offended by your post at all. I hope you find a nice gorgeous NT woman :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 4:01 am

minervx wrote:
i really don't like the whole mentality that NT's should stick with dating NT's and Aspies should stick with dating Aspies.

especially since probably 95%+ of people are not Aspie so why severely restrict yourself?

Yup, it's plain stupid.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 4:03 am

me, personally, i prefer NT women. but i'm not opposed to dating an aspie as long as her aspergers is mild like mine.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 5:04 am

Kinme wrote:
Very. They're usually so cute and have a thinner body than most NT men. Usually bigger eyes and a baby face. :D

Was it a psychological thing? Since you knew they were autistic, were you unattracted because of that only? Maybe body type? *Shrug*

really ?

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2013, 5:27 am

wtfid2 wrote:
1401b wrote:
StewartMango wrote:
Every guy I ever met who in real life who has Aspergers never seem to attract me, I don't know why. Every guy I ever liked NEVER liked me back and every guy that liked me, I never liked back.
Anyone else have this problem?

I mean being an Aspie myself, shouldn't I be attracted to them? Why am I only attracted to Neurotypicals?

Perhaps you changed your avatar but it's pretty obvious to me that you're a female with a capital FEM.

Ok, now for the bolded part, if you're not attracted to Aspie type guys then why are earth did you put that naughty topless photo on here!
You'll never get aspie guys to leave you alone doing that!!
That's just cruel to us, ya big meanie! =P
i didnt mean to insult her, but she looks like a male in her avatar..but it's not the best pic.

i dont understand why she has a pic like that as well lol.

her lower 1/2 is very feminine, nice stomach

StewartMango
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2013, 11:17 pm

minervx wrote:
me, personally, i prefer NT women. but i'm not opposed to dating an aspie as long as her aspergers is mild like mine.

I'm the same way, I honestly don't care if he has Aspergers as long as he's able to control it, I can't be too choosy since I have it myself. The reason I prefer to date a neurotypical is because he would be different from me and I feel he could help me overcome my Aspergers. Not only that, but it would make him more understanding of people's differences and he value my uniqueness more than someone who is just like me would.

I'm nice to guys that like me that I don't like back, so I don't understand why some are upset with me. I'm not trying to be mean and this guy I liked since high school may be married or be a father, but I'm trying to find a new guy so please respect my feelings and don't tell me things about him that will upset me. I stopped looking at his Facebook for a reason and I have not contacted him so I'm not 'stalking' him anymore, I only fantize about him. I'm afraid to like another guy as well, I fear I might turn into a 'stalker' again also I'm never going to see him ever again so maybe my feelings for him will fade out.

www.stewartmango.com

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 1:27 am

aussiebloke wrote:
Kinme wrote:
Very. They're usually so cute and have a thinner body than most NT men. Usually bigger eyes and a baby face. :D

Was it a psychological thing? Since you knew they were autistic, were you unattracted because of that only? Maybe body type? *Shrug*

really ?

Yes. From the ones I've met in person. Thinner as in frame of their body.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2013, 11:09 pm

^^^'

Well 2/3 , not sure about the baby face do I look younger than 37 ? :?