Is anyone else besides me gonna feel lonely on Feb 14th?

Page 8 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anxiled
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2007, 2:35 pm

Probably a horrible thing to say, but I secretly wish that couplea contract venereal diseases on V-Day, pun intended.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2007, 2:40 pm

At first I had my standard "DRINK EXCESSIVELY" plan for tomorrow. Now that I quite possibly have strep throat, that's not an option. So I'll be spending it isolated in my bedroom watching movies and trying to go five minutes without swallowing saliva and having my throat feel like someone stabbed it on the left side.

Ignition_Cognition
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Feb 2007, 2:42 pm

I feel lonely every day, valentine's day is just yet another day for me, no different from any other.

AssBurgerWithCheese
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Feb 2007, 12:29 pm

I told people that my plan was to wear all black (black shirt, black pants, black socks, black tie, black shoes), arm myself with water balloons, and pelt couples showing way too much PDA. Does that make me a bad person?

I began a friendship a couple weeks ago with someone who I know is trying to get over the end of a 3-year relationship, so I made a point of respecting the friendship boundaries, but I'm realizing that it's a lot easier said than done. This is someone with whom I'm comfortable enough to tell everything to (including my condition) and someone who I know accepts me for who I am, doesn't want me to curb my geeky tendencies, and sees the things in me that I aspire to be, but don't often see in myself. And I'm starting to feel something that I know that I very well shouldn't.

I told her. I had to. And I know for both our sakes, I have to keep my distance.

I'm going to my martial arts academy to practice tonight. I might be meeting up with an old friend, who just broke up with her boyfriend, as she's going to be leaving to go back to Taiwan in a few months. And this is someone who I allowed to use me for three years while I was trying to figure out how to get her to be my GF, long before I realized the whole thing about attraction not being a choice. What the hell is wrong with me.

-ABwC

sweetpraline
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Feb 2007, 2:31 pm

Valentines day is just like another ordinary day for me. It seems like everyone celebrates it but me. It seems like everyone else is part of a couple and I'm the only single person on earth.

I'm glad that we had a snowstorm and I didn't go to work today. Because I would get sick of hearing about everybody's Valentine plans. It irks my nerves when other women have their husbands or boyfriends deliver flowers or teddy bears to their workplace. Can't they wait till after work to exchange gifts? Its like the women want to brag about the things "their man" has brought for them. Its like they want the whole world to see what a "good man" they have.

And no, I'm not jealous. Even if I did have a boyfriend, I wouldn't want him giving me gifts in front of everybody at work.

Young_fogey
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Feb 2007, 9:30 am

Valentine's Day was easy to ignore this year - at least the people at work (who largely ignore me - you know the drill) didn't make a big deal of it.

From a blog:

'If you're a person of either sex who doesn't have a "Valentine" and wish you did, the holiday rubs it in.'

Every time I'd had a girlfriend on Valentine's Day we were far away from each other on the actual day.

I'm just about old and jaded enough that my reaction to the day is 'meh'.

Of course I love sexuality so like Christmas (another season when the normals take their fulfilled lives and rub our noses in it) I like the day in theory.

DL8
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Feb 2007, 2:32 pm

personally, i take valentine's as just another day of the year with the exception of being a month minus one day before my birthday (heh, one day before einstein). the best solution is to ignore, the only thing this day is good for is business