Is anyone else besides me gonna feel lonely on Feb 14th?

Page 2 of 8 [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 4:22 pm

Starbuline wrote:
Valentine's Day isn't really big in my city. The only reason I like it is because chocolate is on sale during it.

I hate valetines day,its a stupid holiday.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 4:29 pm

Unknown wrote:
Starbuline wrote:
Valentine's Day isn't really big in my city. The only reason I like it is because chocolate is on sale during it.

I like Halloween better.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 4:37 pm

Starbuline wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Starbuline wrote:

I like Halloween better.

I hate all holidays.

DanRyder
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Jan 2007, 4:39 pm

Valentine's Day is a silly commercial holiday that means pretty much nothing. For me, being in love on this day is no different than being in love on any other day. It means nothing.

guacamole
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2007, 4:47 pm

Any feelings of loneliness are balanced out by the knowledge that I don't have to spend a ton of money I can't really afford on a gift, card and meal because convention dictates that I should.

And I'm not bitter. Honest.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 4:53 pm

guacamole wrote:
Any feelings of loneliness are balanced out by the knowledge that I don't have to spend a ton of money I can't really afford on a gift, card and meal because convention dictates that I should.

WHAT!!?? Are you impling something about me????? Just so you know, Mister, it just so happens that I like to behave this way on the web.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 5:03 pm

Valentines is meaningless to me. So what, i don't have anyone, i'm sure there is some statistic somewhere that says that Valentines Day ends more relationships than it starts, and if not, i'll just make one up.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 5:34 pm

Atomika wrote:
guacamole wrote:

WHAT!!?? Are you impling something about me????? Just so you know, Mister, it just so happens that I like to behave this way on the web.

Stop acting like you rule this site. You're not Alex.

Atomika
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 5:36 pm

Starbuline wrote:
Atomika wrote:
guacamole wrote:

No no no no, thats where you are wrong. You THINK I can't rule this site.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 5:38 pm

Atomika wrote:
Starbuline wrote:
Atomika wrote:
guacamole wrote:

No no no no, thats where you are wrong. You THINK I can't rule this site.

Ha! :roll:

Nykrus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jan 2007, 6:13 pm

MelancholyBunny wrote:
Valentines is meaningless to me. So what, i don't have anyone, i'm sure there is some statistic somewhere that says that Valentines Day ends more relationships than it starts, and if not, i'll just make one up.

No need for statistics. Got pretty much dumped couple of days after Valentines last year. All that wasted effort...

Still, at least i don't have to do anything for anyone this year, and even if i did, i wouldn't be such an idiot. Poems, roses... it's too cliche'd to have any effect.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 6:58 pm

Not I. I'll be just getting back from Georgia, starting my new job, and either too nervous or in too high of spirits to really give a d---. Looking forward to it a lot in that sense :)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 7:01 pm

guacamole wrote:

Great day for you and your single male buddies to throw on your best suits, some nice watches, and go out for dinner at a really nice steakhouse or hibachi. Pretty much treat yourselves like ballers with your own money ;).

charlesbronstein
Raven
Raven

25 Jan 2007, 7:45 pm

I don't see any reason to be depressed. It's just a date on the calender, and tacky gifts. Not everyone, not even the socially able are entitled, nor always receive a piece of ass come the 14th. Love's like a spiralling and irrational form that isn't bound to certain dates....or something.

neurodeviant
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 8:07 pm

I'm just gonna think of the negative side of having a partner during V.D. e.g. if I find love, then I can wave goodbye to the solitude which I quite enjoy, and I don't have to waste my hard earned cash on chocoLARD/flowers/candle-lit-dinners etc. Right now, I have a crap job, and no automobile, so I see no reason I deserve a partner right now.

I also believe a dominant reason for being in love is to reproduce, and right now, I don't want to bring up a child in this overpopulated planet. The whole pregnancy/childbirth/filled diapers thing also puts me off.

I'm just gunna think of V.D. as Single's Awareness Day Eve. The day after, I'm gonna have FUN!

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2007, 8:37 pm

I made a valentine.

I'm going to put it in somebody's box about 6pm Feb 13.