Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 8:00 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
IOW the situation i'm in now is in a downhill slide.

Assuming that initial spark was there to begin with, it's only enough to get the relationship started. It takes a lot more than that to keep the relationship going. That spark can also help keep a relationship from breaking apart; it's the reason you got together in the first place, though, again, it takes much more to mend the relationship.
Good luck.

a lot more that I didn't have to give. oh well, c'est la vie.

Blabby, O think the relationship I'm in now has worked in large measure because we don't see that much of each other, though we talk on the phone daily. Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder. I'm always happy to see her come, and go. I prefer to be alone most of the time, but not all of the time.

Katherine Hepburn was fond of saying "maybe men and women are not so well-suited for each other, maybe they should just live apart and drop in now and then." but I am not even at that level. but it is probably for the best.

I would recommend looking for somebody out-of-state, though not necessarily across the country, and spend a few days to a week together four to six times a year. That is what I have done.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 8:02 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
I would recommend looking for somebody out-of-state, though not necessarily across the country, and spend a few days to a week together four to six times a year. That is what I have done.

that is exactly what I did. a wrong planeteer to boot. but it went kablewey. I am simply lacking whatever it is that enables relationships to start and last.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 8:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:

that is exactly what I did. a wrong planeteer to boot. but it went kablewey. I am simply lacking whatever it is that enables relationships to start and last.

I love being alone personally. People shudder when they find out I live all alone in a place as remote and unpopulated as I do. I love it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 8:05 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:

I love being alone personally. People shudder when they find out I live all alone in a place as remote and unpopulated as I do. I love it.

I envy you [in a nice way :) ]

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 8:09 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:

Go west, young man. There are lots of places where land is scrubby to desert, and cheap per acre. It's only a matter of finding a job out in a place like this.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm

Thelibrarian wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:

Go west, young man. There are lots of places where land is scrubby to desert, and cheap per acre. It's only a matter of finding a job out in a place like this.

i'm just about as west as a citizen can live, in Washington state. and my working years are past me.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 8:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Thelibrarian wrote:

i'm just about as west as a citizen can live, in Washington state. and my working years are past me.

Well, good luck to you. I hope you find somebody who makes you happy.

supguysfriedchicken
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Oct 2013, 3:04 am

Exactly zero milliseconds.

AQ Test 43/50

Hillingar
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Oct 2013, 7:54 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
Hillingar wrote:
3 days, really...
(but for my choose). I felt like I was not really in love so I broke up.

I fear I'll never fall in love for someone :\ and that's really sad. I don't think I'm capable of being in a romantic relationship :?

I think it would be rare for someone to fall in love in less than three days...or three weeks...even three months isn't long enough for many people.

But, we were friends before. We tried to stay together but there wasn't attraction at all by my side.
Anyway, I've always ran away from relationships... I tend to disappear after the first date. 3 days is a record for me (and I did it only because of friendship and and affection towards that boy).
I'm a loser though :wink: I can't handle feelings very well.

But I'd really like to fall in love sometimes (and maybe also to be loved in return). Will it ever happen? ahahah
It would be nice for sure, but I don't think I'm that kind of girl :hmph:

Yozora
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Oct 2013, 10:02 pm

Was in an online relationship for a few months, not sure how many. I'm still friends with them. That's all for me.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Oct 2013, 11:58 pm

Longest WHAT???

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 11:35 am

First posting on Wrong Planet and

about three years of dating and 20 years of marriage for a total of 23 years.

Codyrules37
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 12:21 pm

iv'e never been in a relationship.

iv'e come close to being in one a couple of times, but my extra shyness around people I like ultimately is the reason i'm ridin solo. For instance, back during my junior year of high school, I knew this one girl liked me. She told my friends that she liked me and she would say hi to me in the halls. Unfortunately I never got the nerve to actually talk to her. Usually when theres someone I like I tense up and become extra shy.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2013, 12:39 pm

2 Years.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

TreeShadow
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Nov 2013, 12:07 am

Seven years. It ended about a year ago.

lwolf
Raven
Raven

06 Nov 2013, 7:22 am

4 years 6 months and counting :)