Hale_Bopp's "tear apart my okcupid profile" thread

Page 13 of 21 [ 330 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

warsend
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jan 2014, 10:07 am

okcupid.com/profile/okdudetron

Got a new picture, since that was my biggest complaint. It came from a photoshoot. Are those types of pictures ok? My visitors have picked up since making that my new picture. Would like some comments if it's good or not. I feel I need a body picture and am working on that.

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2014, 12:24 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:
In that picture, I would suggest removing the Windows 98 book.

The Dan Brown book is about 10 times more offensive to my eyes.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 12:28 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:
thewhitrbbit wrote:
In that picture, I would suggest removing the Windows 98 book.

The Dan Brown book is about 10 times more offensive to my eyes.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 2:04 pm

I think my point was missed.

I wasn't saying that it was bad to have it, or bad for a woman to study Windows or that it's offensive.

I was saying that because 98 is old, I might wonder how recent the photo is.

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jan 2014, 2:36 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:

I wasn't saying that it was bad to have it, or bad for a woman to study Windows or that it's offensive.

I don't think anyone is paying attention to that.

A Dan Brown book though is like a lighthouse beam of indulgence in execrable writing.

Hooraydiation
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm

I don't see anything especially wrong with the profile, really. You're a lovely girl, and it's hard to imagine that you aren't getting a ton of positive responses from guys.

Maybe it's better not to start with internet marketing in your self-summary. It's not a common interest, and a guy might read that and think, "I have nothing in common with this girl," or, "This isn't a subject I know anything about, so this girl is too intelligent/professional for me."

Instead you could start by saying, "I love gaming, funny people, big personalities, fun," like you do later, since that's a much more general and welcoming statement.

The long list of stuff you like could maybe be broken up a bit or trimmed too. Nobody likes to read blocks of text like that, and the odds you'll find a guy interested in cake decorating are slim anyway. Maybe stick to the broader subjects that you'd really like to share with another person, as opposed to those you can give or take.

Also, "manifestation of consciousness" is kind of a daunting way to phrase that subject you always think about, even though I'm sure everyone thinks about it sometimes! Perhaps you could rephrase it to something like, "the human mind" It's simpler, and the mind is basically how we understand our consciousness anyway, so I don't think you're losing anything.

Anyway, those are my recommendations from a guy who admittedly probably will have much less success on this site than you will!

Regardless, good luck!

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 5:28 pm

Oy vey, I just got my first "Hi." message. From a single mom (NOPE) that I have almost nothing in common with. I responded to be polite, but I'm kind of hoping she ignores it.

Geez, it really is annoying. What do you even say to "Hi." Without an exclamation mark at the end, even!

Hooraydiation

18 Jan 2014, 6:15 pm

I think it's more polite to not respond at all, so the other person doesn't get their hopes up or waste time.

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 9:46 am

alright, whichever of you made the okcupid account "dicksquad69" You are my hero.

You are very likely an Aspie

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 9:50 am

buffinator wrote:
alright, whichever of you made the okcupid account "dicksquad69" You are my hero.

Hint: most women are VASTLY put off by user names like that. :)

warsend
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jan 2014, 10:08 am

Hooraydiation wrote:
I think it's more polite to not respond at all, so the other person doesn't get their hopes up or waste time.

This. I can take that easier, I can think they just didn't see it through the rest of them. jk.

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 5:11 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
buffinator wrote:

Hint: most women are VASTLY put off by user names like that. :)
I'll admit I lol'd. But yes it is very counter productive.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2014, 9:33 pm

thewhitrbbit wrote:

She needs to ditch the 98 book. It shows she's clearly not ready for a relationship because she's still using a PC.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 12:31 am

hale_bopp if its ok to ask mainly cause i'm curious and no other way of finding out , why is it you don't reply to people much?

I ask cause you be the "replies selectively" women that i just hide from my view that and pretty or skinny people.

as for sharing my profile idk the ideal gives me anixity and i already know my major flaw in which my profile don't matter cause most people don't read it proof of such was when i had a woman ask me stuff that the answers to which are on my profile
and after my reddit Amigurly incident i dont think it good ideal to show my picture(by the way i now realize that site is for hot women and guys to get compliments and not to help average people feel better)

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 1:12 am

Most women I've messaged reply very selectively lol so she may reply more than most I think.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 4:24 am

KingofKaboom wrote:
Most women I've messaged reply very selectively lol so she may reply more than most I think.

its okc category there's reply often, replies ok and replies selectively ie not very often so sounds picky though i suppose it could be getting alot of sex messages either way 99% of the red replies selectively never reply so its just heartache and waste of time for me but yeah they are like at-least 50% of okc and i'd say 85% of them are what i'd cal gorgeous and thin i've found that the two things are like 90% in common as in i can look at a woman's picture guess they red scroll down and 90% of the time i'm right its a sad depressing right though :( but i guess it is what it is, i mean i surpose if i was super hot i would be demanding too maybe its just a growing up being told your better then everyone thing idk unfortunately i find 95% of women gorgeous so i'm limited to the 5% i'm not attracted to thus doomed

okc's quick match and pof meet me apps are quite sad but i guess i can take some little satisfaction in by reading thier profiles and rating them high they end up on some picky guys search and maybe find someone :(