[college] When to show interest?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

XJ220RACER
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jan 2014, 11:46 pm

Hi guys,

I just started college, moved in last Monday and first day of classes was today and tomorrow. I really love it so far, I can go into more detail upon request but the school I'm at is filled with quirky and "different" people, I've never been to a place where it's so easy to make friends.

I've met some very attractive girls already, mostly when I was on errands by myself but my friends have introduced me to some too. I'm really romantic and get these types of crushes ridiculously easily, I'm a sucker for love at first sight/contact, I have two already. Some of these girls were getting close to me and asking questions and stuff and maybe interested in me, but I think I kinda dropped the ball cuz I didn't realize to ask for their number or whatever 3 minutes after I met them. I've forgotten their names already, which is straight up embarrassing, but I think if/when I see one of them next I would chat with them for a couple minutes and ask if they wanna go into town and get some ice cream or something...is that a good idea? Or is that too soon? I've got this weird mix of new kid social anxiety but also a lot of confidence boosts...like I said, I've only been here a week, but it's a great new experience that is hitting me like a train.

What are some do's and don't's? I tend to be pretty obvious with my feelings, most of the time people can tell exactly what I'm gonna say before I say it, is that a good way to show interest?

Thank you guys for your help.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2014, 12:39 am

by all means, ask them to go for ice cream. just don't declare love until you really get to know them. ask about hobbies and families, favorite vacations, type of music liked for starters.

Mrmisunderstood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jan 2014, 7:54 am

I had the same problem till I meet my wife. I had no problem talking to girls but, did not know when to ask for their number.