taller than them.So,I guess 5'3-5'5'' men aren't
tall enough for them.

so,even alot of short women don't want short men
(who are taller than them)

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 8:11 pm

I suppose that's one way of keeping us from turning into a race of giants vs a race of dwarves, if people at the extremes marry each other.

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 8:18 pm

I don't know how those guys can do it.

I prefer my girlfriend to be within 2 inches of me.. 2 inches taller or shorter.

My first ever girlfriend in High school was a lot taller than me. I was a sophomore at about 5'1-5'3 and she was a senior at about 5'8. It was really off.

Then my first girlfriend in college was 4'10 and I was 5'6, and I thought I would like this but when we actually started going out and such.. The top of her head would come below my chest. She was way too short, it felt really awkward.

I prefer women that aren't shorter than 5'1 and no taller than 5'8. Although if I really love someone I will obviously make exceptions to the general rule.

I have no idea how tall I am now, but I know I haven't grown much since I was 18. I might be 5'7 now.

Niall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Forth Estuary Area, Western Palearctic Archipelago, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way

24 Jan 2014, 9:04 pm

This is another one of those things about humans in general and NTs in particular that I just don't get. Why the **** should something as utterly trivial as height be a factor in dating someone?

As a short guy (165cm/5'4") I've been turned down for being too short. I don't regard it as much of a loss if she's that shallow.

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm

I'm a little taller than that (okay, almost half a foot), but I like 'em tall on occasion (not always.) It allows me to make awful jokes about scaling them and planting a flag on their heads.

And, you know, there are some things which are fun to do in bed and require the guy to be bigger/stronger than you....

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 9:32 pm

I'm 5'8" and my last (late) love was 6'4". I really did love that he was so much bigger and stronger than me (partly for the reasons mouthyb mentions :D ), but it's not a requirement.

Niall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Forth Estuary Area, Western Palearctic Archipelago, Sol III, Orion Spur, Milky Way

24 Jan 2014, 9:34 pm

mouthyb wrote:
I'm a little taller than that (okay, almost half a foot), but I like 'em tall on occasion (not always.) It allows me to make awful jokes about scaling them and planting a flag on their heads.

And, you know, there are some things which are fun to do in bed and require the guy to be bigger/stronger than you....

Maybe, but I still don't see why that would turn it into a deal-breaker.

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 9:42 pm

mouthyb wrote:

I think it depends on the guy in that case. I think we can safely assume on average the bigger the guy, the more likely he is to be stronger, but bigger doesn't automatically mean stronger.
There are plenty of short guys who are stronger than their taller friends.

I do know what you guys speak of in terms of the sexual antics in the bedroom. I did enjoy being with the 4'10 in that regard, but everything else she was just too small for me. I could do all the same things I did with her with a woman who had 5 inches on her... Hell I could probably do the same things to a woman of any height.. Her weight would be more of the deciding factor.

I only mention the bigger/stronger part because as a junior/senior in High school I was 5'5 and a half, weighed about 135-140 and could lift 365 pounds (deadlift weight), 6'0+ friends could not lift this weight. Now of course with rigorous training they eventually could, no doubt, I'm sure lift that amount.

I guess my reason for bringing it up was it depends on the individual guy. So you say that you don't want a shorter guy because of the sexual component.. Well that is negated by being with a short strong guy. Now if the sexual component requires him to be larger in size (lol, strictly speaking the body other than that one part), then I can see how that would be a thing.

buffinator
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2014, 9:51 pm

part of courtship is impressing your mate and smaller males are unable to be competitive on a physical level which makes it harder for them to succeed. I've noticed on dating sites the disproportionately short women are in the majority (as well as some disproportionately tall) which probably means they don't get approached as often. Conversely women attract men by giving them opportunities to fill their courtship roles and with physical attractiveness. In my experience a lot of slight women have favorable proportions and being short offers the male easy opportunities to have the impressive ability to reach things. I mean honestly that seems to be what women really want from a man: someone to reach the top shelf (usually where the chocolates are).

Women really like being picked up (not right away) and so that is something that makes it easy for taller guys to court smaller women. I also think it is a case of observation bias because there are plenty of women who date men around their own highest but you likely remember the "odd" pairings more distinctly.

You are very likely an Aspie

EsotericResearch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2014, 10:04 pm

Eh, I'm around 4'10" and my boyfriend is around 5'6". I meet people of all height ranges and it's like, if I limited myself to men who were "height appropriate" so to speak for me, I would not meet the right person. Same as if I limited myself by hair color... ethnicity... job lol... I've never dated another guy in finance... lololol.... I have a strong preference for men under 5'6" but they are in a very small minority around here.

I've got a lot of friends who are in the tall range and if I were single, I would date them. What if you meet the right person and they're not your "type" physically... so shallow. BTW - my brother is over 6 feet and he doesn't really get laid or anything. I used to feel awkward like ... what if I meet 'Mr. Right' and he's taller than my 'requirement' then I switched it up, switched the example to hair color or skin color, then felt like an idiot. lol.

BTW I can lift my boyfriend but he can't lift me. so it goes both ways.

http://sites.google.com/site/esotericresearch Esoteric Research Press

mouthyb
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm

Niall: It isn't a deal-breaker for me, it only changes the logistics. I've dated 4'11"-6'4".

MadeUnderground: I'm... physiologically different than most women. I put on muscle like a champ with very little effort. It is rare for someone my size to be stronger than me, and unless that person puts in some serious gym time, it's possible for me to be stronger than someone up to four inches taller than me who is male. Since I row, that goes double for the muscles which allow me to pull.

What this means is that I'm ultra-dense. The lowest possible weight for me (I got there once, but it requires me to eat once a day for a total of 1400 calories including sport drinks and coffee, run fourteen miles a week and spend three days in the gym weight lifting) is 155 (at 5'5"). Of course, at that weight I'm starving, my hair is falling out, I don't have periods and I'm always exhausted.

I've been professionally evaluated. That really is the low end of normal weight for me. I'm a statistical anomaly (they had to do the math for my chart several times to double check their results against the standard BMI equations.)

I typically compensate in bed by doing a lot of the work, since chances are good the other person needs me to do so to keep them able to continue performing. Sometimes, it's nice to date people stronger than me. It rarely happens, between my strong preference for nerds and my need to work out in order to sleep regularly. Generally speaking, the few times that has happened, the other person has been huge tall or huge gym-obsessive. I've only had one boyfriend under 6' who did not require me to do most of the work, and it was because he spent four hours a day in the gym (football/rugby player). He was essentially shaped like a barrel. It was fun to watch him eat, if a little alarming.

Again, it's not necessary that the other person be taller, merely fun sometimes. It's... nice... to be able to be manhandled in some specific ways (like up against a wall and unable to stand up, or hanging like a monkey from their shoulders to administer head.)

The feels are shipped in by train once a week--Friday, I'm in love.

FunkMasterMike
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jan 2014, 2:34 am

They girl likes to be picked up, man-handled, and RAILED.

What more is there to explain?

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 2:56 am

FunkMasterMike wrote:
They girl likes to be picked up, man-handled, and RAILED.

What more is there to explain?

And the funny thing... I had fun doing this as well. I remember an athletic girl I hooked up with once when I was a regular gym rat. Most fun I had in bed. That was for sure.

Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 6:49 am

people like what they like, who cares

Niall
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2014, 7:06 am

Translation:

"Niall, you have AS, so society has good reasons to marginalise you. This will give you a mental health problem, so we have another reason to marginalise you. Don't forget, you lost the genetic lottery on being tall enough for most women to find you attractive, not that they are likely to the second they start talking to the weirdo. Welcome to the Kyriarchy! Now, **** off under that rock so we can forget you exist. But hey, you have to think positive, because thinking positive solves all problems."

Is someone going to I'm wrong? Someone on a site where every fracking day we have people posting about how much they hate themselves because they're marginalised?

The other thing I struggle with is misanthropy, for some reason...

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 8:38 am

billiscool wrote:
so,even alot of short women don't want short men
(who are taller than them)

If they're really short, they probably want ones that are average or slightly above average height. I'm exactly 5'11"(without shoes on) and taller than the vast majority of women I come across too.

4'10" sounds like a midget or something though. :?