Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 7:05 pm

Ironically, after returning to OKC with a new profile after viewing leafplant's suggested paramour, I am now getting more activity there. Not much is going on in my Match account.
I have not received any promising contacts yet though. But I did message a guy who I think is adorable and we share the same interests and live in the same town. But of course he hasn't messaged me.
Urggg - The dating scene sucks!

Aside: I am motivated because my FWB seems to have ditched me - I've hardly been seeing him over the past few weeks. And since I don't drink like I used to, we don't have that much in common. But I do miss him. And I seem to have found myself unexpectedly single.

IKnowWhoIAmNow
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2014, 6:23 am

Eureka13 wrote:
One way to guarantee you receive no messages is to not post photos. :)

Don't be too sure of that :)

Seriously, I reached out to somebody here after reading her posts ( not sure if she's been to this sub-forum for a while, but if she's reading this then "Hi :)" ).

I'd noticed her some time before I had any idea what she looked like. Believe me, if somebody seems compatible with you and possibly vice-versa then you could easily get to like them a lot just by reading - their personality will usually come across in the way they write.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 12:48 pm

Okay, so I'm actively using OK Cupid now and I've noticed a pattern . . . men will message me, I will message them back and then they don't message back (and have even gone off-line.) What is with this?

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 1:02 pm

Ann2011 wrote:
Okay, so I'm actively using OK Cupid now and I've noticed a pattern . . . men will message me, I will message them back and then they don't message back (and have even gone off-line.) What is with this?

Do you ask them other questions ?

I personally stopped replying when I got no questions. Took it as a sign of lacking interest.

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

06 Apr 2014, 1:06 pm

Ann2011 wrote:

It's men fire off 100 messages , log off and hope to get maybe 1-5 messages the next time they log in.

there's no point staying logged on those sites as a man

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 1:37 pm

A lot of times (I know this is true for POF and OKC), even actively logging out (not just navigating away or closing your browser) you will show up as still being online for several hours after you've logged out. POF is particularly bad about it. It will show you as online for 4 or 5 hours. (I once created a fake account just to test this - haven't done it with OKC yet because I'm pretty sure it does the same thing, and I don't really care that much.)

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2014, 2:04 pm

I can get overly fixed sometimes.

Spongy, I have responded as you suggested and opened up for conversation and am currently chatting with a guy from Ottawa. Whoohoo!