Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 6:05 am

Hi,

It's been a while. I still read the threads but due to having a rubbish mobile and no net access at home I've not really had the opportunity to make in depth responses or reply to anyone. Anyways, moving on I'm going to get you up to speed.

In the months I've been quiet I've listened to the feedback of my peers (and people who seem to dislike me here at WP) and changed a lot of things about my lifestyle that were perceived as "wrong" or things that were hindering my chances of dating or a relationship. I've started exercising, I've gotten successful at my job, I lost weight, started sleeping regularly, eating healthy, cut down my internet use big time, improved my communication skills....the list goes on, sorry to bore.

Anyways, the above has paid off big time. There are 3 women I'm seeing in my spare time in the next week or so as just the 2 of us. 1 I invited out and 2 invited me out. 1 happens to be an ex, and I'll entertain the idea of meeting as friends but we're 2 very different people these days. The other 2 I'd rather not discuss their background so much for anonymity's sake but all the signs are there and I've been invited to do a sports activity/possibly drinks and also I'm meeting up in a town where I work twice a week.

Getting women's attention, making small talk, cracking jokes, keeping them interested isn't the issue I'm having at the moment. It's having the guts to finish what I start and ask one of them out. Obviously, the best thing to do is hang out with both the girls I'm interested in first and see who I like best (I have to make a choice, duh!). But once I make a decision on who I like and verified they like me back....how do I tell them I want to see them? There is a slight fear one could complicated my professional life a lot, and the other could be a slight embarassment in the other town as it's a small place and I'll see them frequently.

Sorry to make a rant of a thread. Can anyone advise?

AutisticGuy1981
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2014, 6:26 am

be careful you don't get friendzoned hanging out with them as a normal friend.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 6:33 am

AutisticGuy1981 wrote:
be careful you don't get friendzoned hanging out with them as a normal friend.
I'm not a fan of using that term seriously, but yes I really don't want to leave my options open too long. There's a good chance the ladies in question will move on.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

05 Apr 2014, 9:30 am

One at a time. Go beyond three strikes.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 9:36 am

What got me my girl is asking her out on a date (step 1), and having to have the conversation a couple weeks later because she didn't know if we were friends or if we were dating (step 2). So, you may need to remember that your intentions have to be clear and that you may have to tell them what interest you have in them. If they like you back like mine did, she will want to know.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 9:45 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
In the months I've been quiet I've listened to the feedback of my peers (and people who seem to dislike me here at WP) and changed a lot of things about my lifestyle that were perceived as "wrong" or things that were hindering my chances of dating or a relationship. I've started exercising, I've gotten successful at my job, I lost weight, started sleeping regularly, eating healthy, cut down my internet use big time, improved my communication skills....the list goes on, sorry to bore.

Anyways, the above has paid off big time.

Reading this makes me very happy. I don't have much to add in the way of advice. Dating seems like the most complicated simple thing in the world to me. I do want to keep up on developments in this thread, though, so I hope you'll share what you can, when you can. :D

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 9:56 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:

Anyways, the above has paid off big time.

Reading this makes me very happy. I don't have much to add in the way of advice. Dating seems like the most complicated simple thing in the world to me. I do want to keep up on developments in this thread, though, so I hope you'll share what you can, when you can. :D
Thanks. I'll update by next weekend as I would've met all three by then. Listening to people was all I needed to do to get the ball rolling. It's hard at first.... we're not the best for feedback and you only need look at my old threads or L&D in general to dee what I mean. But it was the first step I made and it's what helped. Listen to your fellow WP'er.

Aspiemike, your advice ages like fine wine. I've been asked so far but based on what you said I'll definitely be the next one to ask to see them again.

Ann2011
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2014, 7:11 pm

When the time comes you'll know, don't worry about it. Enjoy.