Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jaje85
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2014, 12:46 am

I've been single since the end of grade nine. Doing the math, which isn't too hard to figure out, will be coming up on 13 years. That's if you can even count girlfriend when you were in junior high. Since then, I've struggled to even get a date. I may have had a handful of dates. That's if you can call them dates.

My experiences with women have been horrible. Second last girlfriend made out with another guy and asked me if it was okay after the fact. Which she said it was him who kissed her after when I talked to her about it. I chalked it up to cheating and dumped her. The last one, after years of asking her why she dumped me, told me that she only went out with me because of a bet or dare with someone else. I was just seeking closure. Haven't had too much luck since then either. I don't actually remember any good experiences I have with women. Okay, one woman went "meow" when I walked by back in college. Which made me feel good. But that was one time.

I feel as if I'm not attractive to women. That they just see me as a friend. At least to single women. I've been reassured by many attached women on what a great and handsome guy I am. And that any woman would be lucky to have me. I just don't see that coming from anybody that's available. I've also come to the conclusion that I either can't actually tell that someone likes me OR that I can but I have yet to find somebody that does.

I don't know. I feel as if I will be single for the rest of my life.

I refuse to lower my standards and settle for just what's out there. I should also mention I live in a small rural community. So, it's not like I have many people to choose from in the first place. I also clean schools for a living. So I work weekday evenings. So, I can't exactly join a group, activity or something because I'm working.

So, is it me? What am I doing wrong? Could it be that I'm too much of a nice guy?

I'm having a hard time writing this. So I think I will leave it here for now and see what you guys and gals think.

Suhtek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Apr 2014, 1:19 am

Quote:
I've also come to the conclusion that I either can't actually tell that someone likes me OR that I can but I have yet to find somebody that does.

You are not alone in this. The good news is reading body language is a skill you can cultivate. You may not be good at it now,but with practice you can learn to interact with people on a whole new level。

I have only recently tried to get better at this and I'm far from a master.
I suggest you google body language or youtube it.
Or even watch the show Lie to Me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2014, 1:22 am

not everybody can learn body language, just as not everybody can learn music, it is one of those things that some people just ain't got in their gray matter. I still am dodgy regarding body language despite decades of trying to decipher it.

jaje85
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

21 Apr 2014, 1:25 am

Quote:
Or even watch the show Lie to Me.

I love that show. And I did learn from it. But I should watch it some more. And try to put what I learn into practice.

But I have do have a hard time reading body language. Haven't been something I've been able to grasp yet.