Dating a Jewish person/date ideas

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2014, 5:00 am

puddingmouse wrote:
Never dated a Jewish girl, but had a culturally Jewish boyfriend.

Ignoring the religious side of things:
1. Talk a lot, and talk intelligently. It's even okay to show off how intelligent you are, which is taboo in some cultures (like mine) but not with Jews.
2. Be confident. I don't mean the typical 'I'm sexy and I know it' sort of confidence but give off the sense that you know what you want out of life. It's not taboo to talk about your ambitions and career goals in their culture (whereas it kind of is in my own.)
3. Don't talk about your mother too much - or at all, if you can avoid it (this reminds them of Jewish men too much - in a bad way)
4. Talk about different cultures. Jews seem to value someone who's cosmopolitan and can admire different traditions.
5. Obvious one: but don't accidentally slip out any stereotypes about Jews (I've heard Jewish women complain about this actually happening to them.)

But since all Jews are different, remember that my advice could be useless.

Brilliantly stated Puddingmouse. Jews enjoy insight, and the ability to see, that which others do not. They revel in it actually.

Indubio
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Apr 2014, 5:44 am

You could go for walk to a nice place, There are so many different kind of Jewish people (ultra-orthodox to liberal), so it is impossible to give you any specific advise for the date.

Good luck!