Someone likes me and I'm not sure what to do

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2014, 7:59 am

Please can anyone help? I'm not sure what to do in this situation. I've been going to an arts and wellbeing centre in my area for 3 years now. The other week one of the guys said he thought that one of the girls who goes there has a thing for me. I asked the girl who the guy said liked me for coffee at the arts and wellbeing centre but there were many other people around and the girl I like got talking to one of my male friends which I was a bit worried about. I'm not sure what to do if I'm in that situation again. One of my carers has suggested telling my friend that I like this girl and to ask him if he can give us some space but I'm worried I might come off as a d*ck if I say that. I've been told by another friend to be myself, not try too hard and ask this girl about things that she likes but I was really nervous the last time I saw her. I've never had a girlfriend before and I want things to go right. Any advice anyone has would be really really REALLY appreciated.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 8:39 am

Ask her for coffee.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

28 Jul 2014, 8:52 am

Like her back. Utilizing kindness.

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 9:56 am

Just try to be friendly, but not too friendly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 9:58 am

Just ask her for coffee. You're not getting engaged! LOL

DominictheStampede
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2014, 10:25 am

Thanks a lot guys I will do as you advise. Take care, have a good day :)

Protector88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Jul 2014, 1:07 pm

Keep us posted how it goes :wink: . I'm curious. Good luck!

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2014, 2:11 pm

Protector88 wrote:
Keep us posted how it goes :wink: . I'm curious. Good luck!

Ditto... :D

Nurse_Bill
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jul 2014, 12:32 am

1) Be yourself, Try not to be nervous, after all you've been around her before and probably were not nervous about being around her before you found that she may like you.

2) Talk to her like a friend and focus on cultivating a stronger friendship with her. If there is a desire by both of you for something more it will happen over time, but don't be in a hurry to go straight from coffee to dating to marriage. Just start with coffee with the idea of getting to know her better. After all you may have coffee and find that aside from the art thing she bores you to death.

3) Have a next step idea. Meaning if coffee goes well, invite her to do something else with you, different art show next weak. Your favorite art museum, anything that's interesting to you that you think she might enjoy as well, or find out what her favorite art place is and ask her to give you a tour. Just make sure you are going to places and doing things she likes at least half the time.

4) If you can sustain this, it's called dating. Congratulations! Keep us posted.