Intelligent girlfriend wanted

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

lagu2653
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Aug 2014, 1:19 pm

I don't like socializing with dumb people! That's why I'm looking for an intelligent and a little bit cute girlfriend. I'm 43 years old, I have an M.Sc. in Engineering Physics and I live in Sweden. I can also say that I work in the IT-sector. Are there ladies here who would be interested in such a guy?

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 2:50 pm

Yeah I'm dumb so not an option

vanille
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Aug 2014, 2:58 pm

I would not be interested to interact with a guy who post such things.

Riikka
Raven
Raven

16 Aug 2014, 3:19 pm

I think most girls would appreciate someone they can have an intelligent conversation with. But that?s not really the only criteria people go on though is it? They?d probably want to know more about you, like what your interests are outside of your work, what kind of person you are etc.

And a lot of the people you might consider ?dumb? could be really nice and caring and funny etc., so I don?t think it would make sense to immediately dismiss them. Might be worth giving them a chance, you never know how great people are or how well you could get along with them before you?ve gotten to know them a bit first. Maybe you could just try getting to know people without deciding beforehand what they should be like? And also maybe not start off with the fact that you don?t like socializing with dumb people?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 3:29 pm

I'm going to steal this for the title of my next novel. Spoiler alert: The guy starts of like the fictional guy in the onion article and grows emotionally and ends up with someone totally unexpected.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-mans-intelligence-probably-just-too-intimidat,33916/

Yes OP there are women who would like to talk to someone intelligent, but you have to be open and inviting in your personality, don't shut people out because you think they are beneath you. Pride is not an endearing quality. I don't know you well enough to comment really, but I hope you find someone.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2014, 4:16 pm

Try libraries.

lagu2653
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Aug 2014, 8:04 am

I prefer shy women probably because I'm kind of shy myself. But when I've gotten to know somebody I can be really spontaneous and humorous. I think I would like someone intelligent, educated, funny, nice and not completely uninterested in computers and technology. Concerning films I mostly like comedies and Disney. I like to eat out or watch a movie. I'm interested in science and technology in general. When it comes to housework I'm fairly handy. (I'm good at cooking and baking). I've constructed and built some electronics devices and several PCs. Growing up I did a lot of sports. (karate, kobudo, golf, tennis, bandy, soccer, orienteering) My taste in music is: disco, classical, some funk (some say it sounds more like jazz) and some more modern pop-music. I played percussions in high-school. I don't like beer, wine, whiskey, cognac, coffee because of it's taste. I like juice and tea. I can drink Lambic beer but it doesn't taste like normal beer. It's not made from malt. In high school I was on the golf team, I played football and I was in the marching / concert band.

SameStars
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2014, 9:06 am

^Why ever didn't you start this thread with your second post? Seriously, that would have left a much better impression.

AraleNorimaki
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Aug 2014, 10:50 am

You do realize that most people consider themselves intelligent, regardless of whether they actually are? :lol: