Women, is i ok to beat your boyfriend?

Page 5 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 3:39 pm

That's what I was wondering - if it was the old "love, honor, and obey" thing. Parents and bosses are to be obeyed. A marriage should be a mutual taking-each-other's-wishes-into-consideration partnership.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 3:41 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
That's what I was wondering - if it was the old "love, honor, and obey" thing. Parents and bosses are to be obeyed. A marriage should be a mutual taking-each-other's-wishes-into-consideration partnership.

But again, why do you prefer a man taller than you? :P

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 3:53 pm

babyheart wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
I dont view myself above women although I do agree we are physically stronger than women but when it comes to mentality and emotion women seem to have the advantage and there are some that use it to their advantage to get what they want not all mind you just the ones who want to abuse and exploit those advantages and cut off emotional ties at will for their own gain.

I truly believe that we have been brainwashed into thinking men aren't a degree above women when it comes to being in charge. But by acknowledging alone that a man shouldn't hit a woman, its already suggesting that subconsciously men do feel they are above women as that is why it seems wrong to hit them. And this isn't entirely because women are physically weaker. It's because men know it will be more damaging for a woman on an emotional level. If it were just a case of it being wrong to hit a women back because they are the weaker sex, then it would also be wrong for a man to hit a man weaker than him, but that is not the case.

So whether we agree or not, subconsciously men know they are above women, not in rights, but in authority. Back before women's lib, women were women and men were men and as a result society as a whole was a better place.

Oh and another theory of mine is that women secretly long for men to be in charge of them. But because we've been conditioned to think it is unacceptable and downgrading, that secret longing manifests in women's like for men in uniform. It's a sad and misplaced way of them saying we want men to take charge of us. Truly : )

Say what??????I'll take charge of my own damm self thank you.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 4:34 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:

Height does not equal authority. Think Napoleon. :P

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 4:54 pm

Eureka13 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:

my short ex told me, napoleon was actually average height and the short thing was said by his enemies (the english) to besmirch him.

tarantella64
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 5:28 pm

babyheart wrote:
Wow that's way more dangerous lololol! Even telling someone to hold back doesn't guarantee they will - esp someone who has fighting skills. Please forgive me for saying. I don't know if this is an aspergian trait or just me but I say things as they are to me and may come across as rude or undiplomatic when I'm definitely not being rude or meaning to hurt anyone's feelings but I really would respect a man who 'fought his own battles'. Trust me, slapping a demented woman attacking you wouldn't make you any less of a man.

wtf is all this?

If a demented woman is attacking you, get the hell out of there and call the cops.

This is all mindbogglingly simple: Don't hit people. Fin.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 5:32 pm

It is said that Napoleon was 5 foot 7, about average height (perhaps a bit above average) for the late 18th-early 19th century.

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 5:36 pm

lotusblossom wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Eureka13 wrote:

my short ex told me, napoleon was actually average height and the short thing was said by his enemies (the english) to besmirch him.

Your ex may have been correct. Latest studies put Napoleon at 5'6", which was about average height for European male at the time. Very interesting bit of trivia!

Eureka13
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 5:40 pm

I recently spent some time around horses (first time in a couple of decades), and it occurred to me that quite possibly my preference for tall men comes from my life-long love of horses. There's something really neat about a creature that huge that you can trust not to hurt you. Also, ponies were usually a lot meaner than horses...... :P

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 6:10 pm

no man nor woman should ever hit. it's not right period. it's like hitting a toddler. not right period.

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Sep 2014, 7:40 pm

This thread is triggering me, I think we should get a moderator to lock it for "negative gender stereotypes".

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 9:37 pm

The_Postmaster wrote:
This thread is triggering me, I think we should get a moderator to lock it for "negative gender stereotypes".

I think that's a great idea. :idea:

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2014, 3:06 am

Thread locked.