Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2014, 9:25 pm

Sorry. I can't resist. :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HJxya0CWco[/youtube]

Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 2:43 am

It's never okay to manipulate or abuse anyone in any sense, regardless of gender. Trust and communication should be more important than anything, and anything that falls short of those 2 things is a waste of time.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

02 Sep 2014, 4:11 am

Only 70%¿¿¿ these statistics are always falsified.

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Bruce Lee.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 7:24 am

[img][400:640]http://psychnews.psychiatryonline.org/data/Journals/PN/4144/joan_women_aggressors.jpeg[/img]

Hmm, need more studies.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 7:28 am

lotusblossom wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
MindBlind wrote:
It saddens me how many women I know who joke about stuff like this or who have hit their boyfriends. I remember a Jezebel.article about it and it disgusted me how casual they were about being abusive spouses (as if feeling bad about it later redeems you). I don't care how bad you feel about flying off the handle - you are responsible for your actions. Ladies, your supposed guilt means f**k all if you don't make the right steps to improve.

Worse is that some women I know blame their boyfriends for their own instability and even claim that HE is abusing her. Sorry, but people like that need to sort themselves out before going into a relationship.
http://jezebel.com/294383/have-you-ever ... uh-we-have they seem darn proud of beating on their boyfriends.

They are disgusting, makes me ashamed to be human.

A perfect example of how people are what they are, not what you want them to be or think they should be (I can imagine lots of people saying 'women/feminists dont think/say that').

From a commentor there:

Quote:
robynsTracie Egan Morrissey
8/29/07 9:02am
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Go to permalink
Seriously? If these comments were from men celebrating their finest acts of physical violence against their partners, people would be going batshit insane with outrage, and rightfully so. Just because women aren't as strong as men doesn't men they can't do some serious harm. Especially if the dudes aren't fighting back, which in the majority of cases it sounds like they're not. Why is it then acceptable to physically assault men when they make women angry? Because they "deserve" it? Way to go, equal rights! (end rant.)

Very - very true.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 7:51 am

While it is true that some studies indicate violence to more commonly be initiated by women then men in intimate relationships, I think from a public policy and public health perspective people are concerned about men being violent toward women because violence by men more often results in injury.

I don't personally believe people should hurt one another. But the way laws are written and enforced it is clear there is considerable ambivalence about the acceptability of violence, physical and otherwise.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 1:16 pm

Waterfalls wrote:
While it is true that some studies indicate violence to more commonly be initiated by women then men in intimate relationships, I think from a public policy and public health perspective people are concerned about men being violent toward women because violence by men more often results in injury.

I don't personally believe people should hurt one another. But the way laws are written and enforced it is clear there is considerable ambivalence about the acceptability of violence, physical and otherwise.

and what about the psychological wounds, hm? The OP is one of such victims and still can't get over it to this day.

No Waterfalls, it's simply more socially acceptable for a woman to hit a man non-reciprocally.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 1:44 pm

Otaki; yes, it is wrong. And if you need to ask again a thousand times for reassurance,that is alright and understsndable. Being Autistic, it is sometimes impossible to fathom why a person would cause another pain unless they deserved it. You did not deserve it. No one does.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

02 Sep 2014, 3:27 pm

Mean people suck.

Once again, I am sorry for being me.

Waterfalls
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 3:37 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Waterfalls wrote:

and what about the psychological wounds, hm? The OP is one of such victims and still can't get over it to this day.

No Waterfalls, it's simply more socially acceptable for a woman to hit a man non-reciprocally.

No Boo that's blame the victim game playing. It is not acceptable to me for people to torture one another. This is an autism website so please lets not get into what is and isn't socially acceptable. And what I wrote is accurate whether you agree or disagree. Also as far as women being violent, there isn't anything socially acceptable about that. That's one of the things that makes being victimized by a woman so painful like one is entirely alone in being so vulnerable.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2014, 3:42 pm

yournamehere wrote:
Mean people suck.

Once again, I am sorry for being me.

I don't think you have anything to apologize for. 8)

babyheart
Raven
Raven

03 Sep 2014, 12:34 am

I don't condone violence but I don't agree with allowing oneself to become a victim either. So as a woman I say to any man whose female partner beats them. SLAP her! Yes at least slap her and make her see stars! Why should it be ok for a woman to beat someone and them take it? Give her one good slap AND then dump her!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 12:42 am

babyheart wrote:
I don't condone violence but I don't agree with allowing oneself to become a victim either. So as a woman I say to any man whose female partner beats them. SLAP her! Yes at least slap her and make her see stars! Why should it be ok for a woman to beat someone and them take it? Give her one good slap AND then dump her!
I never even did that because I was taught not to hit a woman even out of self defence. If I were to do so I would not be considered a real man but also allowing a woman to control and abuse me knowing I cannot hit back due to consequences I have had to face ridicule as well but as a result Id rather be ridiculed for not hitting a woman back than for being ridiculed for hitting a woman for if it were to be for hitting a woman I would be vilified and considered the bad guy and not considered a man in that regard.I would rather be considered a coward for not hitting back than a woman beater I suppose! I guess im not a real man anymore anyways.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

babyheart
Raven
Raven

03 Sep 2014, 12:59 am

You seem like a decent and good-hearted man, so please don't put yourself down. Maybe you've end up feeling less because of not being able to assert your masculinity? Men and woman may have equal rights but they are not equal emotionally and physiologically. A man should be a degree above in authority over a woman.

I'm not saying a man should beat up a woman. No that's unfair as men are physically stronger and so it wouldn't be fair but it's also not right for a woman to think she can do it without any repercussions just because she's a woman. We owe it to such people and to ourselves to let them know that it's not acceptable and that we're not going to sit back and take it. Treat the like with like.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2014, 1:08 am

babyheart wrote:
You seem like a decent and good-hearted man, so please don't put yourself down. Maybe you've end up feeling less because of not being able to assert your masculinity? Men and woman may have equal rights but they are not equal emotionally and physiologically. A man should be a degree above in authority over a woman.

I'm not saying a man should beat up a woman. No that's unfair as men are physically stronger and so it wouldn't be fair but it's also not right for a woman to think she can do it without any repercussions just because she's a woman. We owe it to such people and to ourselves to let them know that it's not acceptable and that we're not going to sit back and take it. Treat the like with like.
I dont view myself above women although I do agree we are physically stronger than women but when it comes to mentality and emotion women seem to have the advantage and there are some that use it to their advantage to get what they want not all mind you just the ones who want to abuse and exploit those advantages and cut off emotional ties at will for their own gain.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

babyheart
Raven
Raven

03 Sep 2014, 2:18 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
I dont view myself above women although I do agree we are physically stronger than women but when it comes to mentality and emotion women seem to have the advantage and there are some that use it to their advantage to get what they want not all mind you just the ones who want to abuse and exploit those advantages and cut off emotional ties at will for their own gain.

I truly believe that we have been brainwashed into thinking men aren't a degree above women when it comes to being in charge. But by acknowledging alone that a man shouldn't hit a woman, its already suggesting that subconsciously men do feel they are above women as that is why it seems wrong to hit them. And this isn't entirely because women are physically weaker. It's because men know it will be more damaging for a woman on an emotional level. If it were just a case of it being wrong to hit a women back because they are the weaker sex, then it would also be wrong for a man to hit a man weaker than him, but that is not the case.

So whether we agree or not, subconsciously men know they are above women, not in rights, but in authority. Back before women's lib, women were women and men were men and as a result society as a whole was a better place.

Oh and another theory of mine is that women secretly long for men to be in charge of them. But because we've been conditioned to think it is unacceptable and downgrading, that secret longing manifests in women's like for men in uniform. It's a sad and misplaced way of them saying we want men to take charge of us. Truly : )