How about some socialization tips?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2014, 12:43 am

Tomorrow, I'm going to be at a bar with my brother and a couple of other guys. I'll have a few drinks but won't be drunk or buzzed or anything like that. I don't consider myself shy, but I just need relevant/interesting subjects to talk about. Say we're playing a game of darts and nearby there are a couple of women standing around a table and I find one of them attractive. Normally, I think to myself, "Wow, she looks good. I wish I had a valid reason to talk to her." Because she's a complete stranger, the only thing I know about her is that I find her attractive, hardly anything that a conversation could be based on. In that kind of situation, what would be a good way to break the ice?

AlexanderDantes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2014, 1:41 am

Stay away from bars, you are going to find love or somebody with a good sense of morality in a bar. I don't drink alcohol because it causes people to act irresponsible.

You should try Adult classes, charity events, library groups..

Kurushimi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Nov 2014, 9:17 am

There is no simple answer to socialization. I think that is true whether you have autistic traits or not. Sometimes if I am at a bar with the girls, I am likely not looking for romance there. I likely just want to hang out with my friends. Now, that being said, romance can spring from the most unlikely places. I would just be casual, and not make it seem like you are hitting on her. Maybe ask if their group wants to play your group in darts or something. And then you can strike up a conversation with that particular girl from there. Good luck!! !

"The sun came out, and I walked on my feet and heard with my ears. I hate the bits, the bits that stay down and I work, I function like I'm a girl. I hate it because I know it'll go away! The sun grows dark and chaos has come again."