My Tinder Regional Experiment - 6 countries, 6 days.

Page 7 of 11 [ 172 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Mar 2023, 5:47 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
There is identity politics with black people. That is perpetuated for strange reasons.

I think black women (and other PoC) outside of the US would be amenable to date a white man who is < 5foot7
From what I understand being born in a western country is enough to make women (regardless of race) become picky

Yeah you are right I was focused on my own country. Thanks for pointing that out. Tinder in my view is extremely hook up orientated with women looking for 5 percenters or higher.

I see guys who are 5 foot with ladies I think are hot. I kinda think they are baby daddies. The guy in the neighborhood that won the lady over and got her pregnant.

But, Tinder seems like a different story to me. It is kinda like me picking a stripper to watch dance versus who I would pick to live with.

I rarely make much sense on message boards like this but I don’t usually realize it up front.

This is myth, most numbers show that most women on Tinder are looking for relationships, not hookups.

“No hookup” is probably the most common term in women’s profiles there.

I just want to point out a fairly common observation or supposed tenant of female behavior. I have to use hyperbole to make my point so anyone that gets triggered by that should look away from the screen and read no further.

Every women in existence says that until they meet someone they want to hook up with. That is at least how the story goes. People can deride that as red pill but it just seems like good debateable hyperbole to me. They do all say it as far as I know unless they are from Iceland.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 7:05 pm

JimJohn wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
There is identity politics with black people. That is perpetuated for strange reasons.

I think black women (and other PoC) outside of the US would be amenable to date a white man who is < 5foot7
From what I understand being born in a western country is enough to make women (regardless of race) become picky

Yeah you are right I was focused on my own country. Thanks for pointing that out. Tinder in my view is extremely hook up orientated with women looking for 5 percenters or higher.

I see guys who are 5 foot with ladies I think are hot. I kinda think they are baby daddies. The guy in the neighborhood that won the lady over and got her pregnant.

But, Tinder seems like a different story to me. It is kinda like me picking a stripper to watch dance versus who I would pick to live with.

I rarely make much sense on message boards like this but I don’t usually realize it up front.

This is myth, most numbers show that most women on Tinder are looking for relationships, not hookups.

I just want to point out a fairly common observation or supposed tenant of female behavior. I have to use hyperbole to make my point so anyone that gets triggered by that should look away from the screen and read no further.

Every women in existence says that until they meet someone they want to hook up with. That is at least how the story goes. People can deride that as red pill but it just seems like good debateable hyperbole to me. They do all say it as far as I know unless they are from Iceland.

Not commenting on your point one way or the 'tuther.
I just want to point out that some ppl on the spectrum are very literal and that "hyperbole" and "satire" might be a problem in some instances. ;)
"Time will tell." 8)

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2023, 6:51 am

JimJohn wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
JimJohn wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
JimJohn wrote:

The problem is male genetics. There isn't a large enough ratio of attractive males so women develop an avoidant personality.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 7:31 am

Lecia_Wynter wrote:

The problem is male genetics. There isn't a large enough ratio of attractive males so women develop an avoidant personality.

We lack....a lot of genes. 8O

Btw, the male chromosone is degenerating over time.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 9:25 am

Iv'e been using Tinder Gold and swiping in different countries and I always get A TON of matches in The Philippines. It doesn't matter which city I swipe in, I know that I am getting at least 40+. And these women are pretty too.

I tried using Tinder in Singapore and Thailand as well but I don't get as many matches. I guess they don't like white guys over there as much.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 10:54 am

^ I ‘ve got a lot of matches in Thailand and Indonesia, problem is they don’t speak english as well as the Philippines.

Have you tried Morocco?

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 2:56 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ I ‘ve got a lot of matches in Thailand and Indonesia, problem is they don’t speak english as well as the Philippines.

Have you tried Morocco?

I should try that.

But I'm actually seriously considering going to The Philippines to find a girlfriend. Plus I find asian women attractive in general.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 4:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The algorithm would be weighted based on preference still. Women in western countries still want a relationship with a 6foot5 Brad Pitt with Bill Gate's salary and work their way down when that option isn't available or there is reciprocated interest.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/from- ... 2018-03-13

The % success rate for men on tinder matching = 0.6%
That means on average 1 in 167 women will swipe right but then only 1 in 300 will agree to meet up and perhaps 1 in 1000 result in some form of relationship, Remember this is an average. Is it any wonder 33% of men never get a date.

For a lot of men overseas is the only option left

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 4:52 pm

cyberdad wrote:

The algorithm would be weighted based on preference still. Women in western countries still want a relationship with a 6foot5 Brad Pitt with Bill Gate's salary and work their way down when that option isn't available or there is reciprocated interest.

That statement is a bit exaggerated otherwise you wouldn't see normal looking guys with girlfriends. Although it's true that many women can be quite picky, although not to that extreme though unless your last name is Kardashian.

But then again, many guys have unrealistic expectations too; they want that cute girl with a pretty face and bangin body despite the fact that they themselves neglect their appearance.

So perhaps one reason why some men are chronically single is because they have unrealistic standards. Chasing an 8/10 "party girl" who wants to go out clubbing and has never touched a video game in her life, while you're a 4/10 slightly overweight nerd who would rather play League all day, is probably going to be a waste of time.

At some point, you have to take one hard and honest look at yourself and really think about who you could possibly attract and who you are compatible with.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 6:18 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
That statement is a bit exaggerated otherwise you wouldn't see normal looking guys with girlfriends. Although it's true that many women can be quite picky, although not to that extreme though unless your last name is Kardashian.

I'll address that. Normal looking guys with average parents have their best opportunity to snag a normal looking girl with average parents in highschool. After highschool there's a smaller number who snag a comparable woman in college.

Once you are in the workforce then the "comparable" looking women who are still single dwindles (supply.demand)
If you are still living with mum.dad and struggling to find work you may as well give up and focus on working on yourself

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 10:05 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:

We lack....a lot of genes. 8O

Btw, the male chromosone is degenerating over time.

"Extinction is a kindness." 8)
Go funky genes. :cheers:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 10:07 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
Iv'e been using Tinder Gold and swiping in different countries and I always get A TON of matches in The Philippines. It doesn't matter which city I swipe in, I know that I am getting at least 40+. And these women are pretty too.

Yup.
So I have been told by my friend.
Yes, I do have one. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 10:09 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Have you tried Morocco?

I should try that.

But I'm actually seriously considering going to The Philippines to find a girlfriend. Plus I find asian women attractive in general.

Good luck. :thumright:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 10:12 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

The % success rate for men on tinder matching = 0.6%
That means on average 1 in 167 women will swipe right but then only 1 in 300 will agree to meet up and perhaps 1 in 1000 result in some form of relationship, Remember this is an average. Is it any wonder 33% of men never get a date.

For a lot of men overseas is the only option left

I don't think "Tinder" is a great place, period.
Never used it...
I don't think women who use Tinder are representative of women in general.
Just my OPINION. 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 10:19 pm

Pepe wrote:
I don't think women who use Tinder are representative of women in general.
Just my OPINION. 8)

The women who use tinder are what's known as "leftover" women (term they use in China but could equally be applied over here).

Those men in their 40s who have a basic wage are left to fight for the bottom of the barrel.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 10:19 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
At some point, you have to take one hard and honest look at yourself and really think about who you could possibly attract and who you are compatible with.

I have seen too many men being unrealistic.
They tend to turn bitter.