If you're 27 and never had a girlfriend, is it too late?

Page 50 of 52 [ 824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2015, 12:14 pm

Robert312 wrote:
You are probably attracted to upbeat, confident women who always seem to be cheerful and have a good sense of humor, aren't you? Then if you want women to be attracted to you then be that way yourself. It is not a game.
That is true. Charismatic girls are much nicer than shy girls who refuse to talk to my friends.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2015, 2:33 pm

Yes, it's too late.
But you can still get pssy. Do you know why? Because putting labels on things like this is stupid.

There are little things that you can change about yourself that will up your chances.
Do 5 little things like style hair, get decent pair of jeans, learn to fake a smile, practice going with the flow, work SOME basic muscle... and your chances increase by a little each time. It's not crazy hard to implement that stuff.
For long term better have some ok character. This is where I would fail, but most people are quite ok if you get to know them. I hope you are quite ok. :D

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2015, 5:32 pm

All of my friends are NTs. They all told me being 24 or even 27 isn't too late nor too early. Even quite few of them doesn't even have sex, let alone being with anyone in a very same situation as me. I am at uni and they always working on their studies getting good grades and want friends.

I know this sounds like population rate would decrease because of reproduction/sex is getting later or slower for majority of us people. But think about Germany and other fully developed countries. Their population is slowing down is because of maturity. Money, career, friendships and other life stuff is more important. I understand there may be other factors contributing that, but I want to believe that it is true.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2015, 6:20 pm

Ecomatt91 wrote:
They all told me being 24 or even 27 isn't too late nor too early. Even quite few of them doesn't even have sex, let alone being with anyone in a very same situation as me. I am at uni and they always working on their studies getting good grades
Yes but I can't use that excuse. I squandered most of my 20s doing nothing. Most people have completed their postgraduate studies before I even started :x

Since I was doing nothing I must have had plenty of time for dating. No job, no school, free-schedule 24/7, I should be Casanova by now but instead I spent the last decade in a futile attempt to get my browser-tab count doing to zero.

KayceeX
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Aug 2015, 6:33 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Robert312 wrote:
You are probably attracted to upbeat, confident women who always seem to be cheerful and have a good sense of humor, aren't you? Then if you want women to be attracted to you then be that way yourself. It is not a game.
That is true. Charismatic girls are much nicer than shy girls who refuse to talk to my friends.

Shy people take a while to warm up to strangers. You can certainly write off all shy people in favor of more outgoing and charismatic ones, but you'll be eliminating 1/3 of the population from your pool of potential friends/partners.

Shy people "refusing to talk to your friends" might just be shy people "iffy and uncertain around near-and total strangers", which is remediable by YOU taking the initiative to talk to THEM.

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

30 Aug 2015, 10:48 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:
Since I was doing nothing I must have had plenty of time for dating. No job, no school, free-schedule 24/7,

If you are not doing anything, you are not in a position to meet people. I made a mistake in college. Since all my friends were always busy I didn't get in groups or activities so that I would be free anytime they were not busy. I still hardly saw them. Later I realized that you make friends by being busy yourself.

Tarantulaa
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Aug 2015, 11:45 am

Robert312 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Ecomatt91 wrote:
Since I was doing nothing I must have had plenty of time for dating. No job, no school, free-schedule 24/7,

If you are not doing anything, you are not in a position to meet people. I made a mistake in college. Since all my friends were always busy I didn't get in groups or activities so that I would be free anytime they were not busy. I still hardly saw them. Later I realized that you make friends by being busy yourself.

^^^ yes

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 5:12 pm

sometimes i regret starting this post, even though i would kinda have one eventually, one didn't feel like a true relationship at all and it destroyed me, gosh i'm not afraid to admit i get very angry and full rage that i was born male.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 5:20 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
…i get very angry and full rage that i was born male.
Maybe that’s because you have no experience with what it’s like to be female.

Have you ever worked on your anger issues with a therapist?

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 5:27 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
…i get very angry and full rage that i was born male.
Maybe that’s because you have no experience with what it’s like to be female.

Have you ever worked on your anger issues with a therapist?

no because a therapist is not gonna change reality

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 5:40 pm

The problem is that you appear to have a distorted perception of reality.

Even if you didn’t, we can’t change the world, but we can change our attitude. You really need to work on yiur anger if you want to have a successful relationship in the future.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 5:42 pm

TwilightPrincess wrote:

Even if you didn’t, we can’t change the world, but we can change our attitude. You really need to work on yiur anger if you want to have a successful relationship in the future.

because even if i do manage to get into a better relationship, i will always be angry and bitter, resentful, that i didn't have one in my younger years, i really hate and resent people who got to have relationships in their teens or by their early to mid 20s at least, makes me wish i never read that article about that guy from the UK.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 5:44 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
TwilightPrincess wrote:

because even if i do manage to get into a better relationship, i will always be angry and bitter, resentful, that i didn't have one in my younger years, i really hate and resent people who got to have relationships in their teens or by their early to mid 20s at least, makes me wish i never read that article about that guy from the UK.

With that in mind, it would be wise for potential partners to keep a wide berth from you and your unresolved issues.

If you can't get over that you're not going to be in a good mental state to ever get involved with someone else.
Why should they have to be your never-good-enough consolation prize at best?

If the hypothetical relationship you can get isn't good enough, that's a good sign you're not emotionally mature enough to participate in it, even if it's available as an option.

It sounds like you'll complain about your success tomorrow because it didn't happen yesterday and therefore isn't good enough.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 22 Feb 2024, 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 5:46 pm

Being stuck in that mindset will not help you moving forward. As a matter of fact, it would probably just prolong the situation. I think it’s time to look into therapy if you want to progress. Potential partners shouldn’t have to deal with someone who is committed to being angry and resentful. Why would they want to be with someone like that? What positive stuff would you bring to the relationship?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 5:47 pm

It's never too late to fall in love. Here's an article about two older people who found love for the first time.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... ntines-day

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2024, 5:57 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
It's never too late to fall in love. Here's an article about two older people who found love for the first time.

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... ntines-day

i assume they had relationships in their 20s or earlier