Anybody else just like, totally tired of being alone?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jun 2015, 5:43 pm

I'm not sure what's wrong with me, people either disappear or turn nasty in the rare occasions where I get close to them and I'm seriously battling with some sort of inferiority complex, I feel like there must be something specifically very wrong with me besides autism. I struggle to see other people as anything other than a challenge; my enemy, not so much a mundane conspiracy, rather the vast majority of people who are incompatible with me or otherwise conditioned to hate people who are inconvenient, or rather different, from themselves.

Really I want to know that I'm not the only person like this, you know?

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2015, 8:30 pm

I personally prefer not to be around people.
I prefer & value the time I can get to myself.

Comets
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jun 2015, 11:44 pm

I don't see people as a threat, but yes--I'm tired of the single life. I've been trying, but no luck lately. A couple (rather harsh) rejections. One that fizzled out before it became anything at all.

I try to limit the amount of time I spend worrying about it so that I can least be happy elsewhere.

summersolstice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jun 2015, 2:27 am

I'm definitely in that situation probably worse I''ve never even been with anybody full stop

Loveurself
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2015, 2:51 am

Some people don't have good intentions and that's what makes dating hard. As far as being alone goes; I feel dating is overrated. I would rather be alone than date someone who is dishonest or possess any other extreme negative character flaws. Too many with low quality thinking so I'd rather be alone than date just to be dating.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 3:25 am

Loveurself wrote:
Some people don't have good intentions and that's what makes dating hard. As far as being alone goes; I feel dating is overrated. I would rather be alone than date someone who is dishonest or possess any other extreme negative character flaws. Too many with low quality thinking so I'd rather be alone than date just to be dating.

But some people have good intentions. It would be unfortunate if those people stopped dating. Chances of finding someone decent are small already, don't decrease them even more.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 7:16 am

It could have to do with the black/white thinking that is characteristic of people on the spectrum.
In a way, friends are enemies. They impose on your time and make demands for compromise. 8O

You might want to stay home and have a plain hamburger, but your friend may want to eat out because you are both too tired to cook. A compromise might be going to diner that will serve you a plain hamburger.

Last edited by BTDT on 14 Jun 2015, 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 7:21 am

Dating becomes an endless cycle:

1. You're tired of feeling alone so you try to date.
2. You get sick and tired of people who are fake, mean or even abusive.
3. You give up all attempts to date and decide to just be alone.
4. Return to step 1 over and over.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 11:13 am

Or you're forever stuck at step 1, so there's no cycle.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

CateJayne

14 Jun 2015, 4:46 pm

Almajo88 wrote:
I'm not sure what's wrong with me, people either disappear or turn nasty in the rare occasions where I get close to them and I'm seriously battling with some sort of inferiority complex, I feel like there must be something specifically very wrong with me besides autism. I struggle to see other people as anything other than a challenge; my enemy, not so much a mundane conspiracy, rather the vast majority of people who are incompatible with me or otherwise conditioned to hate people who are inconvenient, or rather different, from themselves.

Really I want to know that I'm not the only person like this, you know?

Um, if you hate/are inconvenienced by people and see them as the enemy, being alone is the sane, sensible solution. It should be making you happy (or at least less miserable).

Being alone isn't making you happy, clearly, so it's time to examine why everybody else annoys/inconveniences you. There are 7 billion-ish people on this planet, so it's statistically unlikely that you are incompatible with all of them.

Can you take a social skills class? Sign up for a vacation when you'll be forced to interact with others? Take up a hobby that will throw you into contact with folks with similar instincts?

If you think there's something besides autism wrong with you, go get a check up -- maybe you're depressed/anemic/have thyroid issues/etc. that need to be remedied.