Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

PhoenixFalcon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Jul 2015, 8:48 pm

She's around the same age as me, and just as awkward. I've talked to her over text a few times, but I haven't seen her face-to-face in years because we go to completely different schools. I'm not sure if she likes me back, but I've seen a few promising signs.

I want to ask her out, but I'm very anxious about it, and I'm not even sure where to go. This is a new experience for me, so I would really like some advice about this subject.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 8:58 pm

Keep it light and simple - coffee. If it doesn't go well, you won't be there forever and if it goes great then you can have more coffee.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 9:05 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Keep it light and simple - coffee. If it doesn't go well, you won't be there forever and if it goes great then you can have more coffee.

Good advice.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 9:08 pm

SilverStar wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Good advice.

Why thank you, Mr. S.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

PhoenixFalcon

28 Jul 2015, 9:10 pm

nurseangela wrote:

The only problem is, I don't like coffee.

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 9:27 pm

When this one girl a long time ago asked me if we should meet for coffee, I said that i didn't drink coffee, how about a buffet instead ? Then we met at one of those Chinese-Buffets. Just throw into conversation next time you call or text with something like : « Let's meet somewhere » and if she asks why then just give the reason such as like « Been a while since we last saw each other ? » (she might interpret the « been a while... » part a bit differently & get excited at the prospect of meeting up with you with the possibility that « something good (i.e.: invited to spend more time & perhaps even eventually getting to stay in a hotel with you) » might happen... :wink: ).

PhoenixFalcon wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

The only problem is, I don't like coffe.

Last edited by Ban-Dodger on 28 Jul 2015, 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm

Oops. Never thought about that. How about a place that does ice cream or smoothies? The point is you want to go to a place that has something tasty, but that you can leave quick if things don't work out. Going out for actual food seems like a date to me. You could even take your ice cream or smoothie out and go for a walk with your new "Hunny". Keep your conversation light and funny, btw. Nothing too serious.

Darn, I flunked.

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2015, 11:52 pm

PhoenixFalcon wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

The only problem is, I don't like coffee.

If you go to Starbucks, or other coffee houses, you can get tea or other types of drinks as well. Coffee dates must work, that is what my wife and I did for our first date and we were engaged 3 months later!