Why is it girls have an easier time getting dates than guys?

Page 43 of 43 [ 673 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2016, 8:03 pm

I feel the need to explain my purpose in expressing myself the way I do in threads about depression.

When I was much younger and going through an extremely difficult time that was haunted by chronic depression as well as many other issues, I ended up getting the chance to spend some time talking to other people who had experienced abuse in their childhood like I had. I had many rewarding exchanges with lots of people in various different places on their healing paths, and more than just tips on how to survive depression I found the most positive influence on my own treatment for depression was the chance to look people in the eye whom I knew had suffered like I was currently suffering, and had through their own journey come out on the other side of that pain with the will to go on and that they wanted to share how they found their way there and help others find their way. Just to have undeniable evidence in front of me in the form of a person who had moved past suffering to allow me to conceptualise that as even being possible was invaluable to me. I had hoped to share, through my own journey through to the other side of depression into (relative) wellness again, that experience with others that it might inspire someone else like it inspired me.

I fail to see how this is abusive, how it could possibly be perceived that way, yet you persist to tell me I am abusing people by saying "it's not impossible to get better, there might be hope". How is trying to share hope with people abusive?

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)