Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Fatallyflawed
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2007, 6:54 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
Personally, I think this 'It's harder for us AS men' is a total load of crap. How the hell would you know? Are you an AS woman too and in a position to know? This 'I am more hard done by than you' stuff really irks me. I have had 2 relationships in my almost 32 years, and daren't even approach any man I happen to come to like. AS brings the same issues, as far as I am concerned, to both genders, so quit this 'I have it so much worse than you' rubbish. Show me your evidence before making such a major statement...where are your statistics, I want to see proof.

Well maybe...but I'm ranting here. There is no room for rational thought in my rant! lol

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2007, 1:46 am

Guys...........no fighting, we're supposed to be helping each other!love,

I have learned the hard way that if you want to know something, you ask. And in time, my slight embarrassment at asking questions has disappeared.

People like questions it seems. Only repetitive questions seem to piss them off.

Also, when it comes to love, when it's the forefront of your thinking, and all you can think about is finding true love, it never works. Exercise that energy into something productive (like not swearing at the footy and getting yourself kicked out), and usually that attracts the genuine people.

I have absolutely no idea what I am talking about

My new obssession is stopping people from giving up on love............I'm hopeless.

Popeye
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Apr 2007, 5:34 am

Ok. I admit it. I was wrong. I am a man so thats the "normal state of play".I offer my apology's. Didnt mean to offend anyone. Just forgot I could not see things from both sides. Didn't mean to offend anyone. For a while there I was acting normal :lol: :lol:

Onearmdude
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2007, 5:43 pm

The fence is a very good place to sit in this argument. Unless you are some sort of transgender person, you can't know both sides. I shake my fist at all you uk guys though. It seems most of the aspie women are there right now, and as for me, I'm smack dab in the middle of Chicago. I do think that under the right circumstances an aspie guy would get along much better w/an aspie lady than a nt. You guys have all sorts of chances over there.

Sorry, I'm whining. I just wish once in a while the girl would approach the guy. My first and only realationship ended four years ago when I was 15, so it's been kinda lonely, growing up in a high-concentration of preppy nt girls. They're pretty much unaproachable.

I've found a few aspie friends, and right now, they are pretty much the only ones, but no girl. 4 years is a long time, and i don't know bout you, but not going to either proms was a bummer too. sorry whining again. Probly have one of those confidence problems I guess, not very appealing. Any advice ladies?

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 6:11 am

Brundisium wrote:
I often wonder how any girl could possibly want to be with a slightly crazy, eccentric aspie artist?

I feel doomed to being more than anyone could handle.

Anyone else feel similarly?

Haha yep that's me right there. Except I'm a visual artist. I have a history of freaking people out with my art. It makes people change their opinion of me rather quickly and judgementally. I think that finding my next serious relationship will be about closing the dissonance between myself and the girl. I think to some extent that looking for an AS/AS relationship would overlap weaknesses and I can't see the point in that. I like someone with a bit more energy than myself that can motivate and inspire me. I am no particular rush though. :)

lostartist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Apr 2007, 1:20 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
I wish there was a single Aspie female who liked the Simpsons and South Park as much as I do--preferably close to where I live.

Tim

I do!! I do!! And there're only 3 states between us, however I am married. I'll be your friend, though. :D Do you like Family Guy?
And by the way, this is my 3rd husband and he is NT, but looking back, I believe my first husband was AS. Still unsure what/who I am.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 7:24 pm

Oh, yeah...I totally know what you're talking about. I feel so in love with the idea of finding love in this world, real human connection, real romance, real understanding...real love. But I don't know how I could ever meet anyone like that. It seems so hopeless...who would be compassionate enough, but at the same time liked some of the same things I liked?