Getting a Boyfriend is HARD!!

Page 2 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

crs927
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2016, 7:33 pm

What?! I thought it was easy for a girl to get a boyfriend, especially if they are physically attractive like being skinny, big boobs, blonde, ect..

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 3:47 am

She wants to get Jeff, as if is an object.

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 6:58 am

You think that's hard?!
You haven't seen anything.
As a guy, getting a girlfriend is way harder.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 7:25 am

^ please, not again this.

This is kitty's thread.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 8:53 am

Seriously, keep the "men have it harder" crap off this thread.

Women are allowed to discuss their issues with dating without them being immediately invalidated and dismissed by male members.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Kyle Katarn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 12:43 pm

I guess being a girl is tough.

Last edited by Kyle Katarn on 27 Feb 2016, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:07 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No, I don't.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:09 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No, I don't.

Kitty, you say "get x" when x is an object you want to acquire.

You say "getting a car is expensive" or "getting a engineering degree is hard".

But getting a boyfriend??? THE HORROR!

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:13 pm

Kyle Katarn wrote:
I guess being a girl is much tougher.

You can get quick hot action but that comes at a cost: you simply get used for sex and nobody wants to be in a serious relationship with you.

That not what I want! I want a Boyfriend & to fall in love.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:19 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Kitty4670 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

No, I don't.

Kitty, you say "get x" when x is an object you want to acquire.

You say "getting a car is expensive" or "getting a engineering degree is hard".

But getting a boyfriend??? THE HORROR!

A man here, wrote a post about getting a girlfriend.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:32 pm

Yes, and few ladies and one noble Hussar there objected on the wording, while I am here doing my role. :p

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:42 pm

You're like lots of people including me, around the same sex or oppositesex who arne't in your dating age-range, you are comfortable.

But around the opposite sex especially if it's someone you really like, you become more quiet.

Like I know for me around girls I like, I become more noticeably quiet. I really have no idea why I get so scared but that's just the way it is.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 1:52 pm

Okay based the amount of threads you make, you clearly really like this guy.

Kind of similar to how I really liked this girl a year ago.

Now if you really want him to be your boyfriend (which I assume you do) then you have to come up with a plan. Like every time you see him, you have to have at least 1 conversation with him lasting longer than a couple of minutes. This builds up the attraction he will see in you and perhaps two weeks later, you add him to Facebook, then the week after that you tell him that you really like him. But this means you have to be willing to break out of your shyness because the last thing you want is to watch your guy dissapear without him ever getting him to know you or even worse, start dating another girl. It's the only way.

I remember when I liked this girl, I always had a plan. I knew I would see her every tuesday morning and wednesday afternoon and I had about 12 weeks so around 24 days but more like 20 days of seeing her before the end of the semester. The nights were spent looking up guide after guide and video after video on how to talk to someone you like and I knew I had to progress because time was running out.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 3:59 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Women are allowed to discuss their issues with dating without them being immediately invalidated and dismissed by male members.

I wish male members too were allowed to discuss Love and Dating issues without being attacked/invalidated, but it seems I am asking too much.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 4:10 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Now if you really want him to be your boyfriend (which I assume you do) then you have to come up with a plan.

Why? Nature has it's own plan.

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Like every time you see him, you have to have at least 1 conversation with him lasting longer than a couple of minutes. This builds up the attraction he will see in you and perhaps two weeks later, you add him to Facebook, then the week after that you tell him that you really like him.

Seems strange. I think he already is attracted to her.

darkphantomx1 wrote:
I remember when I liked this girl, I always had a plan. I knew I would see her every tuesday morning and wednesday afternoon and I had about 12 weeks so around 24 days but more like 20 days of seeing her before the end of the semester. The nights were spent looking up guide after guide and video after video on how to talk to someone you like and I knew I had to progress because time was running out.

That also seems strange. I wouldn't waste any effort on girls that lacks persistence. In high-school and college I had girls interested in me for years. No weekly plans there.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 6:01 pm

rdos wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:
Now if you really want him to be your boyfriend (which I assume you do) then you have to come up with a plan.

Why? Nature has it's own plan.

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Like every time you see him, you have to have at least 1 conversation with him lasting longer than a couple of minutes. This builds up the attraction he will see in you and perhaps two weeks later, you add him to Facebook, then the week after that you tell him that you really like him.

Seems strange. I think he already is attracted to her.

darkphantomx1 wrote:

That also seems strange. I wouldn't waste any effort on girls that lacks persistence. In high-school and college I had girls interested in me for years. No weekly plans there.

No offense darkphantomx1, I'm listening to rdos, he's older & have more experience, sorry.