Women rejecting vs Men rejecting.

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 3:46 am

And that's why the social norm should be women approaching men, never the reverse. :p

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 27 Feb 2016, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 6:30 am

"And that's why the social normal should be women approaching men, never the reverse. :p"

I'm guessing they do and have already and therefore are not single anymore. ;)

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 6:55 am

That is really funny.
But me thinks that the softer rejection from guys could possibly be at least partly due to the softer approach.

Guys be like "Hi, you're hot. I don't even have a name and neither do you. Like you're not even a person! Just a bod!"
Girls be like "Hi, my name is such-and-so. What's yours? Lets have a conversation. Now, do you want to go on a date?"

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 7:06 am

nerdygirl wrote:
That is really funny.
But me thinks that the softer rejection from guys could possibly be at least partly due to the softer approach.

Guys be like "Hi, you're hot. I don't even have a name and neither do you. Like you're not even a person! Just a bod!"
Girls be like "Hi, my name is such-and-so. What's yours? Lets have a conversation. Now, do you want to go on a date?"

From the videos, it's my impression that the guys didn't even get to the point of a normal conversation. The girls just completely ignored them and continued walking as if they didn't even exist. The only one that said anything in return used the words "f**k off".

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 7:34 am

nerdygirl wrote:

I'm pretty sure there are many cases in which that's only the way women translate it. You're still a person even if you don't have a name, and you'd still be one if either you or your partner were mute, or you'd met each other at some remote location, alone, and didn't have a common language. There could still be some intense communication in other ways, and just because men like physical contact a lot and playing with your body doesn't mean they can't respect you.

nerdygirl wrote:

That can be hot, too. If you want to choose the way the approaching is done, you might as well do it yourself.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Feb 2016, 7:48 am

Women have to deal with the idea of fending off potentially dangerous men. Men have much less fear of being assaulted.

Also men don't have an anti image judging social agenda going for them. If you are a man who is less than physically ideal, a woman can easily get away with insulting you for it, everyone else seems to think it's hilarious. If we do that to, say a size 20 woman, people will say we are jerks, quite rightly.

Whether either reflects a fair assessment is irrelevant. And sometimes people are just shallow and insecure.

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 9:34 am

Interesting for the lols, but I don't think he's as social-norm good-looking as she is, and his approach is rushed and nervy, which would only make the women think he was up to something (which he is - it's an experiment). It sounds like he's taking the piss out of them, pranking them. Putting myself in their shoes, it could sound like he's the kind of stranger who is a danger.

The woman is more relaxed and, ironically, approachable. Notice how the man gets all up close to them, invading personal space, whereas the woman keeps a distance.

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 11:11 am

Ardentmisanthrope23 wrote:
Women have to deal with the idea of fending off potentially dangerous men. Men have much less fear of being assaulted.

That's only because men are more potentially dangerous than women. Men, and especially men in groups / gangs, are dangerous for men too. In fact, more men than women get attacked by stranger men, while the danger for women is rape.

nerdygirl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2016, 7:59 pm

There are just too many variables in the approaches to conclude that this is how women reject men, and how men reject women.

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2016, 4:18 am

Hopper wrote:
Interesting for the lols, but I don't think he's as social-norm good-looking as she is, and his approach is rushed and nervy, which would only make the women think he was up to something (which he is - it's an experiment). It sounds like he's taking the piss out of them, pranking them. Putting myself in their shoes, it could sound like he's the kind of stranger who is a danger.

The woman is more relaxed and, ironically, approachable. Notice how the man gets all up close to them, invading personal space, whereas the woman keeps a distance.

In terms of attraction, I'd say the man is a 4 out of 10, while the woman is a 4.5 out of 10.
In terms of communication, they both rank pretty poorly, I'm pretty sure I heard the woman say "um" a couple of times.
In terms of manipulation, both seem pretty poor, for one thing, their both standing around doing nothing and then they suddenly animate when this person approaches... Yeah, not the least bit suspicious... :|
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
And that's why the social norm should be women approaching men, never the reverse. :p

I often tend to reject almost every woman that approaches me, whistles at me, throws a random complement at me, or worse... 8O

Let me tell you something, oh boy do women hate being rejected, and the language that comes of their mouths when you do. Perhaps not every women, but certainly most woman, a lot will take it personally and feel like they need to get you back.

This is largely why most of my female friends (especially those around my age) are alpha b*****s, lionesses, tigresses, and all-round strong and powerful women. Whenever I'm around them or vice-versa, most young women stay away, and those who don't soon find themselves destroyed with no more than a judgmental glance, or a curt remark.

The best part about it is that the older women which I prefer are seldom intimidated by these younger women, and tend to be more daring / have claws of their own. :D

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 4:25 am

This woman is 4.5 out of 10??

Aren't you being... too harsh?

What are you? a model agency with ridiculous standards?

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 4:35 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Or someone who simply doesn't find that woman attractive. 4.5 means slightly below neutral. That's not harsh.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 4:45 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

At least their relative attractivity doesn't differ a lot. I'd give them both slightly higher scores, but none of them are "supermodels" or "superhot".

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 5:31 am

I never approach men. I don't really reject men either. I just try to stay away from the really creepy ones.

Hopper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2016, 5:51 am

Idealist wrote:
In terms of attraction, I'd say the man is a 4 out of 10, while the woman is a 4.5 out of 10.
In terms of communication, they both rank pretty poorly, I'm pretty sure I heard the woman say "um" a couple of times.
In terms of manipulation, both seem pretty poor, for one thing, their both standing around doing nothing and then they suddenly animate when this person approaches... Yeah, not the least bit suspicious... :|

I can't do that numbers thing. For me, I either find someone attractive or I don't. I don't find either of these so, but I think the woman seems closer to the social model of 'good-looking' than the man does for his gender.

The man especially is nervy, looming in their personal space. His body language is non-committal, like he's expecting to be rejected (which makes me think there's a reason to reject him). He's straight in, like he wants to get it over with. No attempt to establish communication, which (on an instinctive level) would make me think he has reason to think communication won't/can't be established. It would make me nervous, because I wouldn't know if he was going to flip out.

The woman seems a bit more relaxed, and keeps a handshake-length distance, which would put me at ease, but there's obviously still something up.

I don't so much mind the verbal hesitation - too polished will sound too prepared, rather than spontaneous.

Of course, I say this with all the confidence of a man who has never approached anyone in real life, nor (as far as I can recall) been approached. :)

You know sometimes, between the dames and the horses, I don't even know why I put my hat on.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 1:17 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

People are nuts :huh: , she's super attractive in terms of looks. She looks real/organic, not fake and plastic looking.