Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Idealist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Mar 2016, 3:11 pm

Feyokien wrote:
Yes she really is.

Oh no she isn't.

This is quickly turning into a Monty Python Sketch...
Feyokien wrote:
What does an attractive individual look like to you?

I suppose I mostly go after 6's and 7's more than any other class of woman.
Idealist wrote:
In her social interactions yes, but I was purely talking about her physical appearance.

Attraction is based on more than just "physical appearance" it's about body language, cosmetics, clothes, mannerisms, style, but even going strictly "physical appearance", she's nothing special. Her body literally makes me want to sigh with it's meh-ness.

Idealist wrote:
My Autism was cured/treated in late childhood (this makes me a walking, talking, contradiction to 90% of the Forum who all believe Autism is incurable)

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 3:35 pm

Idealist wrote:
Feyokien wrote:
Yes she really is.

Oh no she isn't.

This is quickly turning into a Monty Python Sketch...
Feyokien wrote:
What does an attractive individual look like to you?

I suppose I mostly go after 6's and 7's more than any other class of woman.
Idealist wrote:
In her social interactions yes, but I was purely talking about her physical appearance.

Attraction is based on more than just "physical appearance" it's about body language, cosmetics, clothes, mannerisms, style, but even going strictly "physical appearance", she's nothing special. Her body literally makes me want to sigh with it's meh-ness.

Okay then, continue to be vague

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 6:11 pm

I LOVE THAT ASS!! !

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 9:18 pm

I also don't think she's all that regarding looks.

I feel nothing when looking at her - completely neutral, complete apathy towards her. She's not unattractive, or attractive. Just meh.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2016, 9:25 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I could be reading it wrong but the guys in that video to me almost look like they are trying to politely get rid of that woman ASAP, but it doesn't seem their thoughts are as polite based on the body language they give off that makes them appear to be holding her at arms length.

And she practically talked over the guy with the Irish accent in the first scene she approaches him, and then when he says he's not interested she just keeps standing there longingly looking at him enough to where he feels he has to apologize for saying no.

They were all put off and uncomfortable her advances.

Yeah, she rudely talked over the Irish guy, and the blonde guy had his arms crossed the entire time.

'Jake' looked the most friendliest and welcoming, but she quickly made him feel awkward.

And, already seen that A55 prank. XD Pretty cool...

Either way, I think both the man and woman did it wrong. They didn't establish any rapport. The woman was slightly more friendly but still too quick to get to the point.

However, the first woman in the video was just plain rude.

Like one of the comments said, 'What if he was a TOURIST asking for directions?? That B•TCH!!'

The second and third woman, he made it clear to them what his intentions were, but the first could have had no idea what the man was after, she just assumed things and jumped to conclusions far too quickly.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 2:44 am

Look for "Sex in Public Prank" by Steve Greene - it's a parody on these kinds of pranks/social experiments.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 3:19 am

What a load of crap.

Approaching women in the street is more or less 100% guaranteed rejection it's the wrong social situation. If they had done the experiment in a bar it would be different as women are expecting to be approached and are looking to meet someone or not and won't automatically feel threatened also I would expect them not to be on their own.

Now a women approaching a man in the street is different like mentioned above men won't see it as a threat a women will, possible rapist I would expect them to think.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2016, 9:21 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^^ Do you approach girls randomly in the street like this? I doubt that.

And btw, what happened to your date thread? You've vanished from it.

I haven't done it in a couple of years, but yes, I have approached random girls on the street like this.

That's pretty presumptuous of you to doubt me with no real reason, but ok. You do you.

And in relation to my dating thread, I've been meaning to post an update, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ardentmisanthrope23
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Mar 2016, 6:20 am

Thing is, some people will react like that, even in a place where you go specifically for that purpose.

If you go to a club, people will try to hit on you. Not always very nice, granted, but not many guys are going to clubs for the music, let's face it. They want sex.

I wouldn't look for a girlfriend in those places. Many are sleazy cattle markets that encourage misogyny.

I hate clubs. I want to get to know someone first.

But I care. A lot.
(My username is "tongue in cheek" BTW)

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 6:34 am

Exactly. There isnt many situations at all that are for meeting possibly relationship mterial.

Some people resort to chatting up strangers in the streets because it just may be one of thier only options.

"Approaching women in the street is more or less 100% guaranteed rejection it's the wrong social situation. If they had done the experiment in a bar it would be different as women are expecting to be approached and are looking to meet someone or not and won't automatically feel threatened also I would expect them not to be on their own."

But bars and nightclubs are almost always entirely filled with people only wanting sex or one-night stands, not people wanting to meet someone to get to know.

And besides bars and nightclubs, there really isn't many social situations where trying to get a number is considered apporpriate.

Even many meetup.com groups and such it's crossing boundaries.

The only places where it's truly appropriate is Singles groups and such.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 10:53 am

Outrider wrote:
Exactly. There isnt many situations at all that are for meeting possibly relationship mterial.

Some people resort to chatting up strangers in the streets because it just may be one of thier only options.

"Approaching women in the street is more or less 100% guaranteed rejection it's the wrong social situation. If they had done the experiment in a bar it would be different as women are expecting to be approached and are looking to meet someone or not and won't automatically feel threatened also I would expect them not to be on their own."

But bars and nightclubs are almost always entirely filled with people only wanting sex or one-night stands, not people wanting to meet someone to get to know.

And besides bars and nightclubs, there really isn't many social situations where trying to get a number is considered apporpriate.

Well couldn't they at least chat with strangers who are sitting down and look like they have a minute, rather than people walking to their destinations, especially if they look like they're hurrying like some of the females approached in the video. I don't think it's so wrong to meet someone just by talking to random people when you are out and about...however you have to kind of gauge if the person is busy and/or hurried or if they're relaxed, bored or sitting there like they have a while to wait for something I'd think.

As for finding a relationship that way I think its probably best to just try and be friendly first, gauge their reaction to you and if it seems positive maybe ask for their number after a little casual chat. Of course its not a guarantee they might say no, you might get a date out of It and worse case senerio you might simply never hear from them again. It seems more likely to work then just out of the blue popping up and saying 'you're pretty could I get your number' or
'hey, want to go on a date'. The latter approach has probably worked for a few people far and in-between, but in general even if the person would maybe be interested that approach puts them on the spot too much and too quick.

Also though who writes the document on where its considered appropriate to ask for numbers. The thing is I don't think there is a specific answer...I think its more of a situationally dependent kind of thing. Like if it seems right ask for a number. I mean with the meet-up groups I could see asking for someones number before you actually indulge in a 'meet up' with the group would be kind of boundary crossing, but I see no reason it would be construed as inappropriate to get someones number if you go to an organized meet up and hit it off with someone there.

Not entirely familiar with a singles site, unless its just the same thing as dating sites...which of course on those places you know pretty much everyone there is interested in a relationship as well as asking people out or getting asked out.

ZD
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 11:36 am

Outrider wrote:

Some clubs and bars are like that I grant you but not all I guess you need to know your area.

I recently meet someone in a club and got chatting to her and 2 of her friends (male and female) it was because my friend left because he was drunk. She borrowed my phone to order a taxi for me when we all left and put her number into it as well. We have been texting most days since it's all just normal getting to know each other chit chat. I would class her well out of my league normally and don't know what to think.... Then again maybe it's because I didn't try it on with her. When I say out of my league she could be a model she is absolutely stunning.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 11:47 am

When men are rejected by women, they feel very emasculated, some to the point where they think it's completely the women's fault not theirs, all women are evil and they must be killed. Then they become serial rapists/killers. It's horrible but true. :(

Just the other day I read in the paper that a lady in Halifax who had been up since 4 AM had fallen asleep on the bus, and then woke up to discover a man touching her sexually while everyone else was getting off. As if I needed one more reason not to take the bus.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 11:58 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
When men are rejected by women, they feel very emasculated, some to the point where they think it's completely the women's fault not theirs, all women are evil and they must be killed. Then they become serial rapists/killers. It's horrible but true. :(

Just the other day I read in the paper that a lady in Halifax who had been up since 4 AM had fallen asleep on the bus, and then woke up to discover a man touching her sexually while everyone else was getting off. As if I needed one more reason not to take the bus.

I can't help thinking 'some' men really should be specified, I doubt this is the reaction all men have to rejection. Especially considering I know plenty of males who have all been rejected at least once and none of them went that direction. I think more common is guys might get frusterated and/or bitter, turning into a serial rapist or murderer is a much rarer thing.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 3:54 pm

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
I haven't done it in a couple of years, but yes, I have approached random girls on the street like this.

Stop doing it, it will only get you in trouble, I doubt that it will ever work for you.|

I never did this but I can't imagine it would work, besides what does make you want to approach a random girl on the street? You know absolutely nothing about her.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 6:11 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:

Stop doing it, it will only get you in trouble, I doubt that it will ever work for you.|

I never did this but I can't imagine it would work, besides what does make you want to approach a random girl on the street? You know absolutely nothing about her.

Like I said, I haven't done this in a couple of years, and I'm doubting I'll be doing it again anytime in the near future. That's on the street anyway. I did ask a girl for her number a month or two back at a night club.

At the time, when I was 16/17, I was watching a lot of these sort of social experiment videos, and at the same time, I was finding myself becoming less socially anxious, and actually able to approach random people. The approach seemed to work for the Youtubers sometimes, so I figured why not try it myself. I never really expected anything fruitful from the encounters, but they were a good way to entertain my friends, and prove to myself that I was no longer as socially timid as I had once been. Had something come out of it, it would have just been a bonus.

I did get a few good conversations in though when approaching random women without any gaping connotations indicative of a post-platonic conversation. Had a great chat with some German tourists and managed to get a hug from one afterwards, so it wasn't all bad at all.

So in the context of a romantic relationship, it didn't necessarily work for me, but in a few other ways, some of the interactions were actually successful.