Why is this often the case with blondes?

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2016, 4:18 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Yigeren wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Europeans' skins are more adapted to produce vitamin D even with dim sunlight.

We current generation of darker people suffer from a significant Vitamin deficiency after shifting to a more indoor lifestyle.

Apparently, according to recent studies "white" people had dark skin for a long time after migrating to colder and less sunny areas. It's only once they switched from being hunter-gatherers to using agriculture that they began to suffer from lack of vitamin D and developed lighter skin over the next few generations. Lack of vitamin D not only causes rickets, but it reduces fertility in women. So those with even slightly lighter skin had a huge advantage once agriculture was brought to Europe, and so now Europeans are white.

And yes, white Europeans produce many times more vitamin D than those with darker skin over a specific time period.

So if I am understanding right the darker ones skin the less vitamin D they produce, and the lighter the skin the more vitamin D you produce? I guess I than produce more vitamin D than my dad and my sister who both have darker skin....probably due to the native ethnicity on my dads side of the family. I do however get quite a lot darker in the summer, and get almost repulsively white in the winter.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3356951/

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-10-26/news/ct-x-1026-health-briefs-20111026_1_vitamin-d-deficiency-skin-sun-exposure

Basically, the melanin in darker skin prevents the skin from getting enough sunlight to produce the greater amounts of vitamin D that lighter-skinned people can produce in the same time frame. But this didn't occur until the diets of people in northern latitudes changed. When they were still hunter-gatherers, they got enough vitamin D from their diets.

Other people in northern latitudes are not as light because they didn't adopt a new diet based on agriculture.

So really, light skin is useless when enough vitamin D is gotten from the diet, no matter where one lives. It's much more useful to have darker skin to protect against the radiation from the sun. If I had a choice, I'd have dark skin over light skin. I can't just go live wherever I want to, because sunscreen isn't enough protection. But dark-skinned people are ok to live anywhere with supplementation or the right diet.

Mongoose1
Raven
Raven

19 Mar 2016, 11:53 pm

MsV wrote:
Mongoose1 wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Why are blonde woman often attracted to black guys or Arab looking men?

Dated a blonde for about 3 months. Great sex. Lousy relationship skills. Stick to brunettes. They're intelligent and much more nurturing.

Wow sounds like you could write a whole 2 page short story with dating advice, based on your experience with a blonde...
Ooh and in a sequel, maybe you could consider the effects of hair coloring on said characteristics :lol:

Overly sarcastic, but come on. Judging a woman by hair color is like judging a guy by his wallet/height/baldness. Isn't that a thing that people complain about a whole lot on here? Being judged on one's appearance? 8O

I don't have to worry about dating. That's why I married a brunette. Been married 14 years. No complaints.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

20 Mar 2016, 12:43 am

I have not noticed this phenomenon and there are a lot of natural blonde people from where I was from, I say there would probably be more of a proclivity against than for if anything. As for people that dye their hair blonde, I have no idea but I think that's probably a silly stereotype and not something I've personally observed. Then again, how would I know?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 7:03 am

Quote:
Apparently, according to recent st

Basically, the melanin in darker skin prevents the skin from g

So really, light skin is useless when enough vitamin D is gotten from the diet, no matter where one lives. It's much more useful to have darker skin to protect against the radiation from the sun. If I had a choice, I'd have dark skin over light skin. I can't just go live wherever I want to, because sunscreen isn't enough protection. But dark-skinned people are ok to live anywhere with supplementation or the right diet.

Not only the diet, but also the lifestyle; hunter-gatherers certainly spent more time outdoor than the farmers. In fact, I think Vit D deficiency among darker people can be due to recent changes (in scsle of thousands of years) in lifestyle.

They're spending less time in the sunlight.

Arabs's ancestors were nomadic, now they're not except bedouins, levantines were seafarers, most africans were hunter-gatherers.
Religion and dress code played a role too.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 10:38 am

Jamesy wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I attract Asians, and in my knowledge they're never blondes.

Eh your confusing me?

Boo is a Lebanese Arab guy.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 10:56 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I have one interesting observation concerning blondes...every time I see a couple where the female is white and the male is black, its always a blonde female. Of course this is anecdotal, just based on what I see walking around in public so can't say if its any kind of trend or just a coincidence.

What about Kim Kardashian? She has black hair, but marries Black guys.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 12:40 pm

Lol I am mixed race but I haven't noticed this really.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 12:55 pm

Yigeren wrote:
I think it's entirely normal for people to want to only date their own race. People are likely going to find more in common with those of the same ethnic and cultural background, for one. Some people may also not believe in racial mixing, for various reasons.

One reason could be that they want to preserve their racial and cultural heritage and keep it from being diluted. Having children with one from another ethnic group will eventually water down the cultural ties over generations. Like somebody who is one quarter Chinese, one quarter English, and one half "mixed European heritage" will likely not have strong cultural ties to any of his/her ethnic groups. It's natural, I think, for people to want to maintain their ethnic and cultural identity for the future generations.

Another reason, which probably nobody but nerds like me thinks about, is that by mixing racial populations, we could be losing our evolutionary specializations for the different climates.

I personally would date a man of any race, and I don't think I have any major racial preferences that I'm aware of.

What exactly do you mean with 'Strong cultural ties?'. I am half European, half afro-carribean and I feel very closely connected to my European side since i was born and raised here. I don't care too much about 'preserving' my heritage though and would easily date someone of a different ethnic background. Current boyfriend is fully European.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 1:32 pm

Someone who is fully of one particular race/ethnicity or another would probably be most likely to care about this.

For instance, someone in America who is fully Chinese in heritage may want to marry another person of full Chinese heritage to preserve the language, culture, and identity to remain Chinese in future generations.

It's likely that if you married a European, your Afro-Caribbean side would be largely ignored, as your children would be only 1/4 Afro-Caribbean. I think that's what many want to avoid. They want the future generations to be of the same culture and ethnicity.

There are are people here who are something like 1/16 or 1/8 Native American, but they know nothing of the culture, and are basically just white Americans. There were a lot of relationships with those who were native American and white or black people. I do know that a lot of the native tribes and cultures here have disappeared for various reasons (being killed, forced off land, not allowed to speak their own language, etc), and one of them I believe is marriage to those outside of their culture.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 2:40 pm

Honestly, only white European women expressed to have a problem to date someone of my ethnicity- I've never heard such from Asians, Africans and Latinas.

And every racist attack I got on the net was from someone who's European White, never from Asians/Blacks/Latins.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 3:18 pm

Yigeren wrote:
Someone who is fully of one particular race/ethnicity or another would probably be most likely to care about this.

For instance, someone in America who is fully Chinese in heritage may want to marry another person of full Chinese heritage to preserve the language, culture, and identity to remain Chinese in future generations.

It's likely that if you married a European, your Afro-Caribbean side would be largely ignored, as your children would be only 1/4 Afro-Caribbean. I think that's what many want to avoid. They want the future generations to be of the same culture and ethnicity.

There are are people here who are something like 1/16 or 1/8 Native American, but they know nothing of the culture, and are basically just white Americans. There were a lot of relationships with those who were native American and white or black people. I do know that a lot of the native tribes and cultures here have disappeared for various reasons (being killed, forced off land, not allowed to speak their own language, etc), and one of them I believe is marriage to those outside of their culture.

Luckily my parents didn't care, nor do I and my partner.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 3:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Honestly, only white European women expressed to have a problem to date someone of my ethnicity- I've never heard such from Asians, Africans and Latinas.

And every racist attack I got on the net was from someone who's European White, never from Asians/Blacks/Latins.

Really? Because I've noticed plenty of racism from Asians/Blacks towards Arabs where I live. I do feel that whites in general are more hesitant towards interracial dating.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 4:26 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Really? Because I've noticed plenty of racism from Asians/Blacks towards Arabs where I live. I do feel that whites in general are more hesitant towards interracial dating.

Not in my experience, not even once.

I've actually seen more racism from Arabs (they do consider themselves whites) toward Asians/Blacks than the other way around.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 5:09 pm

I would not be opposed to dating an Arab guy, and I am "white". Although in the past those like me with Italian heritage weren't considered to be white. Actually, not too long ago I was told that because I have Italian ancestry that I'm not white. I thought that was amusing. So what exactly is "white", anyway?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2016, 7:10 pm

Threads with titles that are loaded questions are problematic because of inherent bias:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

"Why Is This Often The Case with Blondes" Following on from this loaded question title, the OP implies that hair colour determines dating choice. Would any poster on this thread want to be defined solely by hair colour, to have any of your choices attributed solely to your hair colour? Titles which are based on loaded questions/sexist generalisations are priming the pump for conflict from the start and are best avoided altogether.

Moderators have received one complaint about this thread so far. Please review the rules; if you have forgotten them, read them now; if you have never read them, start today - particularly those that apply to flaming, baiting and other noxious practices.

B19

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2016, 5:52 am

Cafeaulait, this might interest you:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/t ... ame-white/

It seems that in dating sites, the world is divided in two categories: Whites and non-Whites lol.

-It seems that many Whites only want to date what they consider Whites.
-While other "People of color" are more tolerant in dating with other ethnicity.
-Middle-Easters and Mediterraneans (Arabs (except black Arabs like Sudanese/South Egyptians..etc), Greeks, Turks, Italians, Cypriots..etc) consider themselves Whites (and they do view Europeans as Whites) and often display the same bias toward other colors, like their fellow Caucasians in Europe do (the white Europeans), but they are often not seen as Whites by White Europeans.

Conclusion: White/Caucasian societies have a White superiority complex and racism (more than others).