Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2016, 11:05 pm

So I sort of was having a debate with a (female) friend of mine, she says that waxing backs is absolutely necessary in the modern dating world. Now she is kind of OCD about how much she hates leg hair, chest hair etc on men, so I am taking this with a pinch of salt or projection but... she said based on what she's seen it would mean 90% to 95% of women would not go out with you, and compared it to the same decision she had between keeping her leg hair and thus never having a boyfriend.

It's kind of odd to me though. Whilst I could understand doing this for a partner who didn't like back hair, spending lots of money on expensive waxing - when the likelihood is no one will ever notice, except maybe people at a swimming pool who won't care less anyway. Is it really worth paying the large expense and going through a lot of pain every month to remove the back hair, or is it just something you have to do to prevent yourself from being permanently single?

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:10 pm

Um...I hate back hair, and I don't like hairy men. However, I'm weird about that stuff, so my opinion may be in the minority.

I don't like body hair on anyone.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:14 pm

I'm not real big on men waxing - that's more of a woman's thing. However, not many men have a lot of back hair so I'm inclined to say you might want to think about waxing the hairs on your back just for a while because the more you wax or epilate the hairs don't grow back as much. I prefer men to have some hair. I see no hair as more feminine. Am I weird? Idk. I guess we'll see when other women reply.

I kinda like the scruffy look and the five o'clock shadow.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Last edited by nurseangela on 28 Jan 2016, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:14 pm

I just wanted to point out (as someone who regularly waxes her legs) that waxing becomes less and less painful the more times you do it. The hairs grow back in thinner and with weaker roots, so they come out easier with each successive waxing session.

In regards to back hair and how I personally feel about it: I don't like it, but I do like chest hair. Not a big fan of ass hair, either. Women in the west have been dealing with removing body hair for decades now, it's not a big deal. It really is a matter of personal taste, and everyone is going to have a different take on it.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:19 pm

I do want to say that I remember this one time when me and my Ma were outside at some function and this one guy was topless. He had A LOT of back hair and it was the first thing we noticed. My Ma just kept going on and on about how bad it looked. So I have to say that people do notice, but they just won't say anything to you about it.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2016, 11:21 pm

nurseangela wrote:
I do want to say that I remember this one time when me and my Ma were outside at some function and this one guy was topless. He had A LOT of back hair and it was the first thing we noticed. My Ma just kept going on and on about how bad it looked. So I have to say that people do notice, but they just won't say anything to you about it.

Yes, but if you're not going to sleep with them, why care?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:23 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

Yes, but if you're not going to sleep with them, why care?

Well, I mentioned it because you had said that people probably wouldn't notice if they saw you at a pool. It's up to you what you want to do, of course. Thing is, what if someone was interested in you and saw that you had back hair and then was turned off by it? If you're self-conscious about it, I just wouldn't go topless.

Darn, I flunked.

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2016, 11:26 pm

nurseangela wrote:

Well, I mentioned it because you had said that people probably wouldn't notice if they saw you at a pool. It's up to you what you want to do, of course. Thing is, what if someone was interested in you and saw that you had back hair and then was turned off by it? If you're self-conscious about it, I just wouldn't go topless.

I was never really self-conscious about it until recently when this friend of mine said that guys with back hair have a drastically reduced pool of potential prospects on the order of 5% or 10% of what might otherwise be.

Since then it's become a bit of an obsession of mine. I mean she also said it's up to me, but that it's really a choice between being pathetic and losing the dating game unnecessarily and winning it.

JakJak
Raven
Raven

28 Jan 2016, 11:30 pm

I think it's all about personal preference... I have eyebrows the hair on my head... That's it.. lol

But I'm not the least bit picky about what other people choose to do with their own bodies. I'm more interested in what's inside that person. I think if someone is really interested in you, body hair wouldn't make that much of a difference. I could be wrong.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:32 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:

I was never really self-conscious about it until recently when this friend of mine said that guys with back hair have a drastically reduced pool of potential prospects on the order of 5% or 10% of what might otherwise be.

Since then it's become a bit of an obsession of mine. I mean she also said it's up to me, but that it's really a choice between being pathetic and losing the dating game unnecessarily and winning it.

I think she's making too much out of it. If a woman really likes you and vice versa, just ask her which she prefers. I would hope a guy wouldn't dismiss me because of some physical flaw that can be corrected, you know?

Darn, I flunked.

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2016, 11:47 pm

wilburforce wrote:
In regards to back hair and how I personally feel about it: I don't like it, but I do like chest hair. Not a big fan of ass hair, either. Women in the west have been dealing with removing body hair for decades now, it's not a big deal. It really is a matter of personal taste, and everyone is going to have a different take on it.

It kind of is a big deal if you feel obligated to spend a significant fraction of your disposable income to remove it though.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:51 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:
wilburforce wrote:

It kind of is a big deal if you feel obligated to spend a significant fraction of your disposable income to remove it though.

How much is it?

Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:52 pm

wilburforce wrote:
I just wanted to point out (as someone who regularly waxes her legs) that waxing becomes less and less painful the more times you do it. The hairs grow back in thinner and with weaker roots, so they come out easier with each successive waxing session.

Miss W, do you do your own waxing or go to a professional?

Darn, I flunked.

Ferrus91
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jan 2016, 11:53 pm

nurseangela wrote:
Ferrus91 wrote:
wilburforce wrote:

How much is it?

In US currency about $50 a month.

I could think of a lot better things to spend $600 worth on a year than removing a bunch of hairs for no one in particular.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:57 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Ferrus91 wrote:
wilburforce wrote:

How much is it?

In US currency about $50 a month.

I could think of a lot better things to spend $600 worth on a year than removing a bunch of hairs for no one in particular.

Why doesn't your friend help you. I use an epilator - hurts like hell but so does waxing. Anyway, you can get one from Amazon for about 60 bucks and she could epilate you. :mrgreen:
After using it a while, the hairs don't grow back as much.

Darn, I flunked.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2016, 11:58 pm

Ferrus91 wrote:
wilburforce wrote:

I have to do it myself because I can't afford to get it done at a spa. And women are still very much obligated to remove leg hair (if you're female and have noticeable leg hair, complete strangers will comment/harass you about it). I still say it's not a big deal.