Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Rodland
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2012, 6:42 am

While trying to get sleep I usually dream that I was in a company of some girl

But these dreams have no much consistency. For years I have thought that it might be a funny idea to have an imaginary (girl)friend. Maybe having such friend could even have some psychological benefits, who knows...

But for some reason I cannot establish the lasting image of an imaginary person in my mind. I cannot decide what would she look like, what would be her name and what would be her other characteristics. Well, I have not tried very hard maybe but at least these things do not arise naturally.

In childhood I had something like this (not just a girl but a story with plot etc.) but not anymore.

How about others? Has anybody here had successful relationships with imaginary persons?

webster
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Sep 2012, 8:49 am

Umm can't say that I have =/ Would you really want a relationship with an imaginary person?

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 8:59 am

I do. :oops: He is kinda based on a couple of real people, very minorly (not quite a real word, but I can't think of the right word now) famous. Not people I know IRL--although I actually met one of them once.

You'd think that being married, I'd not need something so--I don't want to say immature or weird or silly--not sure what I mean. But marriage does get lonely, especially when my DH is even more of a loner than I am.

JNathanK
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 6:27 pm

Yah, I do this too. I like to think I'm snuggling with someone when I'm falling asleep. :(

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

This was something I did when I was younger. It's not something I'd do now.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 12:45 am

Me? Not really, except sometimes during my daydream adventures my current crush would be one of the main characters or members of my RPG party. I don't think it counts as imaginary, though, because the character was based off a real person I was pining after.

Funny and true story, though, one of Kyuuchan's friends didn't believe her at first when she told them I was her boyfriend, and seriously thought I was a figment of Kyuuchan's over-active imagination. It took a photo of Kyuuchan and I kissing for her to accept our relationship as truth, and even then she still doubted my existence until she met me in person during summer vacation, almost half a year later.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

AliceInAspieland
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Sep 2012, 10:03 pm

I have to admit that I sometimes do the same. Usually when I'm sad or have trouble sleeping. It isn't sexual or perverse. Just someone who cares about me and accepts me, holding me. Telling me that it's all okay. I don't choose a specific gender. Sometimes it's a woman, sometimes it's a man. It depends on my mood at the time. The important thing is they think that I'm good enough and I like it when this imaginary person holds me. I've got some issues with personal space and touching. I suppose I do it because I want the company and the embrace, but mostly feel uncomfortable or awkward when an actual person hugs me. The theory of hugging makes sense to me, but when it is reality it doesn't really make sense.

I suppose to some it might seem pathetic. But everyone has to cope in their own way. This way is probably safer than others.

It's nice to be able to read people do this too. It's especially nice when no one shames or teases you when you do.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 10:26 pm

*Raises hand*

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

13 Sep 2012, 10:27 pm

Guilty as charged.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

LordExiron
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Sep 2012, 10:33 pm

I do, even though I'm in a real relationship. I cuddle with him as I fall asleep. It's nice to have someone who is never selfish or judgemental even if it's only a fantasy.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 10:34 pm

LordExiron wrote:
I do, even though I'm in a real relationship. I cuddle with him as I fall asleep. It's nice to have someone who is never selfish or judgemental even if it's only a fantasy.

quite true.

meems
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 12:17 am

When I'm reading a good book I sometimes pretend the author is telling me specifically the story found within the book. When I first read Kafka's diaries I imagined in my mind he was right there next to me telling me part of his life story.

Kinda similar.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Sep 2012, 12:56 am

I kind of did that except she was a celebrity instead of imaginary, Miranda Cosgrove. I imagined what a relationship with her would be like but I never pretended like I was in a relationship with her. It was a coping strategy that helped some but I become obsessed with her & fell in love with her which hurt some. I'm not obsessed with Miranda now because I'm focused on my real girlfriend which I do love but I still love Miranda too & it hurts when I think about it so it's some of why I kind of avoid thinking about her now. I also feel guilty like I'm cheating on my current girlfriend when I do think about Miranda because I still love her. I still love my ex girlfriends too but I have a sense of closure from those because the relationship ended; I don't feel that with Miranda & I would really like a sense of closure but I don't know how I could get it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Evinceo
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

I'm pretty sure my last thoughts before falling asleep are how nice it would be if I where at that moment part of a cuddle.

Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 11:38 am

I have been 'dating' the same imaginary girl for years :lol:

That is at least more realistic than hoping some real girl willing to date me.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2012, 12:40 pm

I think anyone who is alone does this, it's inevitable.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."