Page 8 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 10:46 am

Patrick64 wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
You people should all stop with this off-topic, it's very annoying and it has nothing to do with the discussion.
HighLlama wrote:
You wrote, "It is veeeeeeery very very common at these comicons to take pics with strangers, everybody does it. It is a standard practice," as if she shouldn't have felt threatened.

YES, that is exactly what I am saying!

She is allowed to say no or delete that picture though

I agree. People should assert themselves without any repercussion. But you got to thank people like:

Guy: Hey can I get your phone number?
Girl: No.
Guy: What? I'm not good looking enough for you?
Girl: No. I just don't want to give out phone numbers.
Guy: Come on, give me your phone number.
Girl: I already said no, now leave me alone.
you know how this goes.

Because of real harassment, I believe it's hard for some girls to be assertive about rejecting things, so they sometimes report harassment without telling you that you are harassing her. Good job real desperate creeps for ruining it for people that are just socially awkward.

You seem understanding so I wouldnt worry :) maybe she misunderstood or missintpreted. Or she could have just not been a very nice girl.

Please don't let it affect your experiences of comic cons in the future. They are fun

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 11:39 am

Nine7752 wrote:
If you follow the path, it was a successful troll. Someone brought up religion based on an avatar, and then took the whole thread into nastiness.

Patrick, more importantly, I hope you find ways to navigate con's better - they are fun. Sorry your thread got jacked.

No, I was provoked and excused of being sexist; thus I had to point out the hypocrisy.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 12:37 pm

CommanderKeen wrote:
No, I was provoked and excused of being sexist; thus I had to point out the hypocrisy.

Do you mean excused or accused?
Anyway, where are you going to take this thread next? We haven't covered gun control or abortion.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 12:59 pm

androbot01 wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:

Do you mean excused or accused?
Anyway, where are you going to take this thread next? We haven't covered gun control or abortion.

Accused. I'm still recovering from septum surgery, so grammar errors are expected from lack of sleep. Why would I bring those up? I was pointing out hypocrisy. I COULD being them up however. You act like I'm not supposed to defend myself. I'm not one of these guys that just let "feminists" come after them and apologize in order to pander to them.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 1:29 pm

Alliekit wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
You people should all stop with this off-topic, it's very annoying and it has nothing to do with the discussion.
HighLlama wrote:
You wrote, "It is veeeeeeery very very common at these comicons to take pics with strangers, everybody does it. It is a standard practice," as if she shouldn't have felt threatened.

And where did I say otherwise???????????

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 2:26 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
HighLlama wrote:

And where did I say otherwise???????????

You didn't :) I never thought you had

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 2:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This lady is saying it's ok to enslave women against warring non-muslim nations (she gave Israel as example).

She is saying that it is OK and halal for muslim war leaders and armies to take non-muslim enemies' women as goodies for pleasure and to sell them too. She said that this practice existed before Islam but Islam "organized" it. lol

Suad Salih is a witch. I don't believe in the practice of taking sex slaves as war-spoils, and I honestly don't know a single Muslim who does. Everyone I know agrees that rape is a sadistic and unjustifiable act. It's unfortunate that institutionalized rape (as a tactic of warfare, for interrogations, etc.) is so common in Islamic regimes, but you shouldn't presume that's specifically a Muslim problem, lest we forget the sexual abuses committed in Abu Ghraib by U.S. military personnel.

CommanderKeen wrote:
You act like I'm not supposed to defend myself. I'm not one of these guys that just let "feminists" come after them and apologize in order to pander to them.

You are not defending yourself by attacking Islam.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 3:14 pm

Barchan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
This lady is saying it's ok to enslave women against warring non-muslim nations (she gave Israel as example).

She is saying that it is OK and halal for muslim war leaders and armies to take non-muslim enemies' women as goodies for pleasure and to sell them too. She said that this practice existed before Islam but Islam "organized" it. lol

Suad Salih is a witch. I don't believe in the practice of taking sex slaves as war-spoils, and I honestly don't know a single Muslim who does. Everyone I know agrees that rape is a sadistic and unjustifiable act. It's unfortunate that institutionalized rape (as a tactic of warfare, for interrogations, etc.) is so common in Islamic regimes, but you shouldn't presume that's specifically a Muslim problem, lest we forget the sexual abuses committed in Abu Ghraib by U.S. military personnel.

CommanderKeen wrote:
You act like I'm not supposed to defend myself. I'm not one of these guys that just let "feminists" come after them and apologize in order to pander to them.

You are not defending yourself by attacking Islam.

True. Nor is there really anything he can prove that would make me believe he isn't misogynistic (FYI all men are and so are a lot of women. Actually some of the most misogynistic men I've met have been gay men, who think they're exempt from misogyny because of associations of gayness and femininity). His posts are enough proof of that for anyone reading them.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 3:16 pm

lidsmichelle wrote:
some of the most misogynistic men I've met have been gay men, who think they're exempt from misogyny because of associations of gayness and femininity

Oh my gosh, you are so right.

I think there's also a cultural thing here; a lot of gay men seem to think they're being "cute" or "sassy" when they say really mean-spirited things.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 3:31 pm

It's funny Barchan, you think you understand Islam better than an Al Azhar theological scholar?

Anyway, let's not discuss islam further here, I wish you wake up one day.

Go and talk with the clerics you personally know and find out.

If you wanna reply, continue there: viewtopic.php?t=320545&p=7216206#p7216206

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 3:54 pm

Do to the massive amount of complaints I'm getting about this thread, I'm shutting it down.

Sorry, Patrick.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)