Why would I not be compatible with this type of woman?

Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 3:42 pm

I am barely 5ft8 with brown hair.

I was saying to one of my friends the other day how much I am attracted to tall women with blonde hair. My friend then said to me "you would not be very compatible with a 5ft10 blonde lady"

Why do you think I would not be very compatible with the type of women I go for?

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 4:33 pm

Women like to wear high heels when they go out, and it's socially awkward\embarrassing for a woman to be taller than her date, so for a woman to be able to wear high heels she needs to go out with a man some inches taller than her. That's just "the rules" I'm afraid.

There is also the evolutionary factors where women seek out protective males and an aspect of how protective a male can be is their height.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 5:05 pm

I wasn't aware what type of person someone is comes down to their height, I wouldn't listen to this friend. You would be compatible with someone who enjoys your company, maybe shares a couple similar interests and doesn't have a specific height requirement/expectation most likely. Someones height has nothing to do with compatibility really unless a person decides to make it an issue out of it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 5:08 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Women like to wear high heels when they go out, and it's socially awkward\embarrassing for a woman to be taller than her date, so for a woman to be able to wear high heels she needs to go out with a man some inches taller than her. That's just "the rules" I'm afraid.

There is also the evolutionary factors where women seek out protective males and an aspect of how protective a male can be is their height.

I certainly don't like to wear high heels, and wouldn't care if a guy I was dating is shorter...though not many guys shorter than 5 ft so it so happens my boyfriend is taller than me.

Also height by itself has nothing to do with strength....so not really sure it comes down to that. A tall person built like a twig probably wouldn't have as many 'protective' qualities as someone shorter who's more built muscularly now would they.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 5:17 pm

People have a right to be as shallow as they want, in whatever way they want.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 5:28 pm

^They certainly do, and I bet it is a lonely way to be.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 5:28 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I certainly don't like to wear high heels

I didn't say every women, I think it was pretty clear I was making a generalisation? Why does every post have to be responded to with proof-by-example fallacy? Do you really think I genuinely thought every woman in the world thinks this way and there are no exceptions? Please treat posts in the manner they are obviously intended.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also height by itself has nothing to do with strength

And big breasts has nothing to do with being a good mother, and blonde hair has nothing to do with youth, but there you go. Again I think I quite clearly stated these things are evolutionary, and evolutionary things don't always hold up in every scenario, they are simply stereotypes that are generally observed to hold true.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 5:30 pm

My uncle is 5ft7 (and quite rich) and my aunt is 5ft11 without heels.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 5:34 pm

You're not THAT much shorter than the 5 foot 10 blonde women. If you both get along in other ways, and she doesn't necessarily want a taller man, then you could be successful with her.

Most women I've gone out with have been around my height (almost 5 foot 5). My wife is almost exactly my height. I once went out with somebody 5 foot 11 when I was 15 (I was 5 foot 2). She broke up with me after a week because I didn't "try anything." I didn't "try anything" because I was too young and naïve, not because she was too tall for me.

I've seen some tall women who are knockouts, frankly!

You're just below average height for a man in the UK.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 5:51 pm

As in, they’ll knock you out if you “try anything” with them? :P

I’m starting to wonder why women don’t usually walk on stilts, rather than wearing high heels. Much better to get across the point that you have no business trying to look them in the eye, and much healthier, too!

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 6:06 pm

Chichikov,

You are certainly new here.

Because here on wp, if you say "Women like..." or "Women prefer..." without putting the magical word "Some" or "many" before the sentence then it's a serious offense and a dangerous sin that deserve punishement ...therefore you got tained here forever.

Your only way for redemption is the Seppuku.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 6:08 pm

Spiderpig wrote:

I’m starting to wonder why women don’t usually walk on stilts, rather than wearing high heels. Much better to get across the point that you have no business trying to look them in the eye, and much healthier, too!

I don't see the word "some" before the word women in your sentence.

Therefore, you also deserve the hellfire punishment.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 6:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:

I don't see the word "some" before the word women in your sentence.

Therefore, you also deserve the hellfire punishment.

F**** I didn't put the word "some" before it in my sentence too..... it should had been "before the word some women"....

It's Seppuku time.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 6:22 pm

You might consider dating even taller women, if tall is what you want. As women get taller they have fewer suitors, so they are more likely to consider guys of any height.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 6:25 pm

Wendy Williams, the radio talk show host, is almost 6 feet tall. There are many guys who would want a go at her!

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2016, 6:27 pm

I think the number of women above a certain height decreases faster with that height than the number of suitors they have. In other words, even if the extremely tall ones are really less picky about height, which I doubt, you’re not going to find one that tall.