Skinny or fat you can't win either way!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 10:44 am

In my life I have been both fat and very lean (at the moment I am lean but have more muscle mass).

The thing is if your overweight a lot of women dislike you and when your very lean lots more girls are attracted to you........ Yet when your a slim guy fat men/heavier people bully you a lot more because of your weight which didn't happen when I was overweight.

Does it feel like in this society we live in you can never really win or find harmony regardless if your a slim or fat guy? Maybe you need to aim to find something in between skinny and fat?

Last edited by Jamesy on 13 Oct 2016, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2016, 10:49 am

You hang out at the bar too much.

Most people don't give a rat's butt what you look like--except when it comes to dating.

AsperTemp
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Oct 2016, 1:38 pm

Having bigger muscles makes you look more desirable, excess fat makes you look less desirable.
The question is do you want to put time in to diet and exercise to attract more women, or do you prefer to put effort on other things?

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 9:39 am

AsperTemp wrote:
Having bigger muscles makes you look more desirable, excess fat makes you look less desirable.
The question is do you want to put time in to diet and exercise to attract more women, or do you prefer to put effort on other things?

I have a heavy friend who looks like jack black and women are always nice to him.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 9:40 am

So you see...it's not your physical looks.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 9:52 am

Since my personality and face repulse all the women, I'm hoping that building a well-sculpted body might at least earn me their begrudging respect.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 9:54 am

AsperTemp wrote:

I think the question is more whether you want to be in shape to get women, or whether you want to be in shape for yourself. If you go for the latter and build your self-confidence then the former might come naturally, you never know.

Jamesy wrote:
I have a heavy friend who looks like jack black and women are always nice to him.

Swoon, lucky guy :wink: I'm not much of a one for celebrity crushes but I would 100% marry Jack Black, he rocks.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 9:57 am

Yep....and Jack Black is a chubby, sort of sloppy-looking guy.

He's just an easy guy to hang out with.

kingem125
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Oct 2016, 5:17 pm

Or just go for working out and being fit like muscular

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2016, 6:53 pm

Young girls and women don't even seem to like strong guys as much anymore.

I see so many girls my age nowadays saying how much they 'hate muscles' and I either see them with skinny twig or overweight guys.

A recent study shows young men 21-34 today are weaker then men the same age were in the 80s.

Also, while modern women are also weaker, they are nowhere near as much as men, and the gender strength gap IS SHRINKING.

Having some muscles is even outright shamed sometimes.

"Vain" "narcissists" "shallow" "steroids" "intimidating" etc.

On the opposite end, women have a fat acceptance movement.

Personally I'm not absolutely ripped yet, but I am quite 'built' and have filled out. The only compliment I ever got was once when I was taking a picture with friends in Hschool I stood on tiptoes to be seen. My legs were flexed whole doing this and some passing younger girls were looking. One said "You got muscle in your LEGS! I'm sorry, my friends just been looking." :lol: