LURGENT!! !! !! !! ! I NEED TO KNOW IF IM BI OR NOT?????? HEELP!

Page 1 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Wormy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 May 2007, 2:38 pm

:(

Look, these people from school are spying on me for some reason.
I shall never know why,i guess.
I still like mr chickenpoop,i like emo guys,i like jesse mc cartney,calvin goldspink,
dhani lennvald,david beckham,ect.
But,my family doesnt believe me,and I dont want to tell them the whole story,not even to you guys because they are watching me in this moment.
The thing is,that while I was taken to the hospital,(because they thought I was hearing voices,but im not there true,there people from my high school,there using spying stuff)
I was eating a really yummy sandwhich,and I spilled all over my shirt,a bit,because I
saw this beautiful woman,and my heart burned and beated and my cheeks felt funny they were burning too... :oops: I need to know if this is fase or not.Teens can be bi too.
Ive seen girls in magazines sometime and I think how pretty...
I know that god wont let me go to heaven if I am bi,but maybe he'll change his mind,even if I slack off with him,and only pray when I want something,and to ask questions,i actually do
love him,even if im not a good christian? CAN YOU BELIVE I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO READ THE BIBLE? Look,I like guys,in fact I like them better,so im a bit confused,please help figure this out.
Because I like 2 girls at school,I really do.And I think one of them is really cute and cool...
I tried to reserch but it just doesnt help,am I bi?
Help me...
Is it because of my aspergers? :cry:

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 2:42 pm

It may just be your age. If you almost exclusively like guys, but one or two girls, then it might just be something you'll grow out of.
You don't go to Hell for being bi though, or gay for that matter.

alex
Developer
Developer

05 May 2007, 2:43 pm

Wormy wrote:
I know that god wont let me go to heaven if I am bi

where'd you get that idea? anyway, what's wrong with being bi?

Santa_Claus
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 2:47 pm

alex wrote:
Wormy wrote:

where'd you get that idea? anyway, what's wrong with being bi?

Certain christians how there are filled with hate and like to demonize certain types of people into believing God hates them and they must be changed (eventhough its already known to everyone that homosexuals and bisexuals are who they are and cant be changed much like AS is a part of us and we cant be changed).

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:06 pm

Wormy wrote:

No, the people who told you that are more likely to stay on the wrong side of the Pearly Gates. You'll be fine.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:09 pm

Sexuality is not a definite thing. Yes people have a predisposition but you can be moulded by your experiences too. There is nothing wrong with these feelings they are pretty normal. You are 'finding yourself', some people never find themselves.

You are also sounding a bit stressed and paranoid. Have you been under a lot of pressure in general? Sometimes embarrassment comes to the forefront when this happens like laughing when it in not appropriate. Are you able to get some rest/relaxation?

geek
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:46 pm

Wormy wrote:

While there are passages in the Bible that refer to gay men, there is actually nothing whatsoever about lesbians or bisexual women. So, however you interpret the Bible, you don't have anything to worry about. There are simply no rules on the matter!

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:32 pm

I'm not a Christian, but my understanding of it is that EVERYONE is a sinner, but NOT everyone goes to hell. You repent and are saved, and you are accepted into Heaven despite your flaws.

It's hard for me to see how being bi or gay is a sin anyway.... that is too arbitrary like saying it's a sin to have brown hair. But I suppose when they wrote the books of the Bible they had a different way of looking at things.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:34 pm

And to be more specific... the sin is really about sodomy. So fellas, stop hitting your girl's back door! Ooooooo SHAP!

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:40 pm

lowfreq50 wrote:
I'm not a Christian, but my understanding of it is that EVERYONE is a sinner, but NOT everyone goes to hell. You repent and are saved, and you are accepted into Heaven despite your flaws.

That's basically it, yes. People who don't repent and accept Jesus as God aren't allowed entry into the clubhouse because they don't know the secret handshake.

lowfreq50 wrote:
It's hard for me to see how being bi or gay is a sin anyway.... that is too arbitrary like saying it's a sin to have brown hair. But I suppose when they wrote the books of the Bible they had a different way of looking at things.

The Book of Leviticus states that it is a sin for a man to "lie with another man as he might lie with a woman". That, and Sodom & Gomorrah got burned to the ground because of a misunderstanding about man-sex.

Mind you, the Bible also says it's okay to beat your wife moderately, to beat up those people who don't worship the same god as you, and to doink your own dad if you want kids (after getting him blind drunk, obviously), so take that as you will ;)

lowfreq50 wrote:
And to be more specific... the sin is really about sodomy. So fellas, stop hitting your girl's back door! Ooooooo SHAP!

Y'know, I actually came across a Christian sex website the other day (no, really), which advocated the notion of unmarried couples having premarital anal sex, so as to keep the act of vaginal intercourse as a treat for after marriage.

Now that's progress for you :)

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:43 pm

I think the Bible is a load of bollocks.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:50 pm

Sopho wrote:

I think it's got some valuable life lessons in it, if the majority of the more fantastical passages are treated as pure metaphor rather than as absolute truth.

To seriously teach one's kids that dinosaurs were put into the Ark alongside humans is just stupid on every level. The idea that some really hardcore Christians are teaching their kids that Brachiosaurus (a 20-ton behemoth that probably consumed 300lbs of vegetation a day) was in the Ark while Noah and his family were sailing the oceans just makes me weep.

But if the world adopted "Love your neighbour as you love yourself" or "take the log out of your own eye before you try taking the speck out of your brother's eye" as moral compasses, the world would be a far, far better place.

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:55 pm

This really breaks down into two separate issues, which have really already been addressed.

1. If you believe in God, you shouldn't rely on the "wisdom" of others to tell you what God does and does not allow. If anyone tells you they "know" what God wants, well, they're either delusional or a bit crazy. Nobody can know that (assuming a god exists, but I'm not going to tell you what to believe based upon my beliefs, because belief is a very personal thing that nobody else should have a say in.) When I have considered the possibility of God, my biggest issue is exactly what you are dealing with, all of these rules and restrictions on how one can be to be "ok" in God's eyes. Assuming there is a God, I would like to believe that said God would not be so inflexible as to lay down rules that aren't always easy to follow, even if you mean well. This whole nonsense over people "overcoming" homosexuality because it is somehow evil, or the work of the devil, really irritates me. My basic philosophy is this: if there is a God, then I believe God will understand that we are all only human (by his design, by nature, by whatever) and therefore not perfect. If you mean well, and act accordingly, that should be enough for God. If it isn't, I don't really want anything to do with that sort of deity.

2. Don't force yourself to come to some sort of conclusion on your sexuality based upon pressures from outside sources. Like beliefs, sexuality is something that is yours and yours alone, and that nobody else should have an influence on. If you aren't sure right now, that's perfectly fine. Don't force yourself to be one way or another because of what you have been told is right, or because of what others approve of. Give yourself the time to think about it and explore it at your own pace. If you rush it, you may not go the direction that you want, or that you need to. This isn't something you have to figure out overnight.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:55 pm

MrSinister wrote:
But if the world adopted "Love your neighbour as you love yourself" or "take the log out of your own eye before you try taking the speck out of your brother's eye" as moral compasses, the world would be a far, far better place.

I agree with certain parts of it like that. But the Bible as a whole is still a load of bollocks. No one should need Christianity to be a good person, i.e the concept of 'loving thy neighbour...' etc doesn't need to be in any way related to a religion.

MrSinister
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 5:01 pm

Sopho wrote:
I agree with certain parts of it like that. But the Bible as a whole is still a load of bollocks. No one should need Christianity to be a good person, i.e the concept of 'loving thy neighbour...' etc doesn't need to be in any way related to a religion.

Absolutely. People don't actively need a religion to have a good moral code, which is why fire-and-brimstone types bore/annoy the hell out of me.

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 5:03 pm

Sopho wrote:

Are you kidding?! It's one of the greatest works of fiction in human history! OK, onto the heaven thing. Think about it; if God is infallible, then there should be no problem with GLBT people. So, no problem should exist.