Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 11:31 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ladies of WP....listen, and listen well, no guy asks out a woman for the sake of friendship.

and likewise, like I said in the other thread, no woman gives away their number to guys unless they find them attractive.

Be real.

Jeez, "What if she thought you want to be friends...?" kind of questions kill me.

The level of naivety here kills me.

/Yes, I am mansplaining, deal with it.

Yea until loads of guys always say to you "why did you bring up your boyfriend aren't you assuming alot" "you're so stuck up" and my favourite "you aren't even that hot".

I try to be honest and 9/10 they through It back in my face so what am I supposed to do?

And what does this have anything to do with my post? It's a totally unrelated issue.

Ahhh I get it, you just want to mention your boyfriend to me. :lol:

I mean that if I guess they want to ask me out and tell them about my fiance so as to not lead them on, I'm often met with responses about being "stuck up" and stuff and then have to explain I just didn't want to waste their time (to be fair they chill out when you say that).

So what I'm saying is if I believe what you say that every guy who talks to a girl wants to ask her out and not be friends in my experience most guys react negatively to that assumption

I might react like these guys honestly (not as rudely but I would be like "and why you are assuming I wanna ask you?").

I might reply this even if I had the intention to ask you out, to preserve one's pride you know, I wouldn't react like "oh darn :(, I wanted to ask you out, boo hoo".

Don't assume anything before they explicitly ask you out, otherwise yeah, you would be sounding stuck up. Proactive-rejection is stupid.

Anyway, facebook/social media made it so easy for us to know or at least to estimate accurately whether a girl is really single or has a boyfriend; so most will know already and they won't ask you out.

But you said no guy that asks you out because of friendship and I had been told this before so I always thought i was being nice for not leading them on. Because I am super socially awkward and don't know the right time to mention it.

Ive even got reactions from guys similar to this when I have told them after they asked to see me again.

People are so confusing 8O

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 11:37 am

Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Ladies of WP....listen, and listen well, no guy asks out a woman for the sake of friendship.

and likewise, like I said in the other thread, no woman gives away their number to guys unless they find them attractive.

Be real.

Jeez, "What if she thought you want to be friends...?" kind of questions kill me.

Yea until loads of guys always say to you "why did you bring up your boyfriend aren't you assuming alot" "you're so stuck up" and my favourite "you aren't even that hot".

I try to be honest and 9/10 they through It back in my face so what am I supposed to do?

And what does this have anything to do with my post? It's a totally unrelated issue.

I mean that if I guess they want to ask me out and tell them about my fiance so as to not lead them on, I'm often met with responses about being "stuck up" and stuff and then have to explain I just didn't want to waste their time (to be fair they chill out when you say that).

So what I'm saying is if I believe what you say that every guy who talks to a girl wants to ask her out and not be friends in my experience most guys react negatively to that assumption

I might react like these guys honestly (not as rudely but I would be like "and why you are assuming I wanna ask you?").

I might reply this even if I had the intention to ask you out, to preserve one's pride you know, I wouldn't react like "oh darn :(, I wanted to ask you out, boo hoo".

Don't assume anything before they explicitly ask you out, otherwise yeah, you would be sounding stuck up. Proactive-rejection is stupid.

Anyway, facebook/social media made it so easy for us to know or at least to estimate accurately whether a girl is really single or has a boyfriend; so most will know already and they won't ask you out.

But you said no guy that asks you out because of friendship and I had been told this before so I always thought i was being nice for not leading them on. Because I am super socially awkward and don't know the right time to mention it.

Ive even got reactions from guys similar to this when I have told them after they asked to see me again.

You said "if I guess they want to ask me out" - so if I got this right, you are doing it before they actually ask you out.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jan 2017, 11:41 am

Alliekit wrote:

I see nothing confusing on what you do. That's precisely what every girl does, specially NT ones.

And yeah, the regular male response is like that which the fellow poster pointed out: "me asking you out? well no... you just happen to have a boyfriend I reckon? that wouldn't be nice of me eh? hehehe... but hey we could grab a coffee anyway now that the ice has been broken, what do you think?".

To which the female response would most likely be: "oh no sorry I am just ... erm.. late to an appointment, maybe another day? can I have your number, we'll talk later... yeah... bye! (thinks to herself: oh no again another one, why is it never Chris Hemsworth buying me coffee! it's just annoying!)"

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 3:18 pm

I decided I don't want to risk getting punched in the face by an overprotective and jealous husband. I am also just overwhelmed with so many things that this may be my final forum post.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 7:17 pm

Don't tell a guy "I have a boyfriend" or reject him before he even has a chance to ask you out.

Sure, casually mention your S.O. (without forcing it), but not directly say it when a guy approaches you before he asks.

Ffs that's one of the worst ways personally, worse than actual direct rejection, because it always makes you feel you never even had a chance no matter what, especially if every woman were to do it to you.

Another thing is to glare/death stare a guy who was about to approach you to get him to back off.

I don't care if you weren't interested, at least give me a chance to approach.

It takes A LOT of guts to approach a woman, and even if he's rejected plenty of men will feel better they at least tried, so death staring is not only rude, being overaggressive, but also means the guy cant feel proud he at least tried.

Unless he's specifically comes across very creepy/not well intetioned.

If you're in a hurry and don't want to be bothered, fair enough, look angry and walk really fast. If someone still bothers you anyway, pretend you don't notice them.

Needing to get to work or something is different than browsing the bookstore on Saturday or relaxing liesurely at a cafe.

Imagine it, every single woman you ever try and approach death stares you, and those that dont, say "I have a boyfriend" before you even open your mouth. You'll be wondering why bother.

I think Sly said once he had this problem, every woman he so much as smiled at death glared him, giving him low self esteem, thinking he is and always will be unworthy of women attention and is too ugly. He said he'd look down at the ground ashamed afterwards.

Poor guy. :(

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 7:24 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Be real.

You said "if I guess they want to ask me out" - so if I got this right, you are doing it before they actually ask you out.

I mean if I guess they are asking me out for a date.

Although I have done what you mentio to guys but they were drunk guys in clubs

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 8:53 pm

Outrider wrote:
Don't tell a guy "I have a boyfriend" or reject him before he even has a chance to ask you out.

Sure, casually mention your S.O. (without forcing it), but not directly say it when a guy approaches you before he asks.

Ffs that's one of the worst ways personally, worse than actual direct rejection, because it always makes you feel you never even had a chance no matter what, especially if every woman were to do it to you.

Another thing is to glare/death stare a guy who was about to approach you to get him to back off.

I don't care if you weren't interested, at least give me a chance to approach.

It takes A LOT of guts to approach a woman, and even if he's rejected plenty of men will feel better they at least tried, so death staring is not only rude, being overaggressive, but also means the guy cant feel proud he at least tried.

Unless he's specifically comes across very creepy/not well intetioned.

If you're in a hurry and don't want to be bothered, fair enough, look angry and walk really fast. If someone still bothers you anyway, pretend you don't notice them.

Needing to get to work or something is different than browsing the bookstore on Saturday or relaxing liesurely at a cafe.

Imagine it, every single woman you ever try and approach death stares you, and those that dont, say "I have a boyfriend" before you even open your mouth. You'll be wondering why bother.

I think Sly said once he had this problem, every woman he so much as smiled at death glared him, giving him low self esteem, thinking he is and always will be unworthy of women attention and is too ugly. He said he'd look down at the ground ashamed afterwards.

Poor guy. :(

If you ask out a stranger, you deserve a death stare. And why are you bringing up bookstores? You didn't try hitting on somebody while they were trying to enjoy browsing books did you?

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 9:09 pm

And how's NOT asking out strangers working for you?

I believe people should only cold approach and ask out strangers as a last resort, but when you have Aspergers it doesn't take very long before that happens.

Most N.T. men are working, studying and have a small circle of friends, so they have plenty of ways to meet people and online dating just supplements this.

Statistically, most people meet their S.O. through mutual friends - you have friends, they have friends to introduce you to, and you end up meeting them at get togethers or parties until you end up meeting someone you naturally 'click' with, hang out with your third party mutual friend a bit, exchange numbers, get to know them, etc.

So when you DON'T have this, which is true for many men with Asperger's, all you have is study, work, volunteering, meetup groups, and online dating.

But many men with aspergers or mental disorders also aren't studying, or aren't working, or both, so that limits their options further.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 9:21 pm

You are beginning to try my patience, you little creep. Trying to justify your pathetic attempts to get a girlfriend, ANY girlfriend, doesn't change the fact that you are resorting to hitting on strangers in public, who don't want to be approached by weird men. Unless you're charismatic and attractive, which you clearly aren't or you wouldn't be single, then it's just going to get you death stares.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 10:20 pm

Aside from the whole husband deal, my mental energy is being dragged through the sewer with holding everything in my head together. I am honestly feeling pain in my head as well as gut wrenching in my core. I think I need to take a long hiatus from the forums.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 11:08 pm

Marknis wrote:
I decided I don't want to risk getting punched in the face by an overprotective and jealous husband. I am also just overwhelmed with so many things that this may be my final forum post.

Ugh...you should have just gone for it. It's called practice. Even if a girl isn't remotely a prospect, half the point is spending time getting to know someone.

Now, I AM jealous and overprotective, and that comes with a lot of history not worth getting into here. A former boss actually had the balls to ask my SO out. She told me about this, and I'm like "ok, SERIOUSLY??? No, that's inappropriate. Tell him we'll all get together on Saturday and I will buy us all lunch."

The next day he rescinded.

If you are IAR, this is a slick, subtle, but firm gentleman's way of telling an interloper to take a hike. I wouldn't punch you in the face. I'd just make things weird for you IF you had poor intentions towards us. If you just want to hang with us, that's different. As a rule, marrieds should not invite moos into their lives. Your girl did the wrong thing by taking you up on a coffee date. If my SO did that, I'd be livid.

HOWEVER, I do think your situation obligates you to meet up with her at least once if you haven't cancelled yet. Think about it this way: What if Marsellus Wallace came to you and said to take his wife out and show her a good time? If you refuse, you disappoint both Marsellus AND his wife, which means the best thing you can do is leave the country. However, if you accept and things get out of control with the wife, which is entirely possible because she's hot and impulsive, the best thing you can do is leave the country. The thing is, Marsellus Wallace already knows this, which is why he trusts you with his wife. Therefore, DON'T. SCREW. UP.

Am I making any sense here? She accepted a date from you, so you should honor that unless she spontaneously gives you an out. If she asks you for a date later on afterwards, find something that will keep you *cough* *cough* "busy" *cough*. Because of her relationship status, you're not going to try anything stupid because you're scared the husband will go to work on you with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch and get medievel on your @$$. Use the opportunity to get to know the girl for practice sake, just like you would any other girl, and then you never have to see her again.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 11:10 pm

I agree Markinis, Wrongplanet is a toxic, negative place with toxic, negative people. You definitely need a break from here to clear your mind. A long hiatus.

Sabreclaw wrote:
You are beginning to try my patience, you little creep. Trying to justify your pathetic attempts to get a girlfriend, ANY girlfriend, doesn't change the fact that you are resorting to hitting on strangers in public, who don't want to be approached by weird men. Unless you're charismatic and attractive, which you clearly aren't or you wouldn't be single, then it's just going to get you death stares.

Making personal attacks is the most pathetic, low-hitting behavior I've ever seen. Along with making unwarranted, non-evidenced assumptions about others, instead of presenting a real argument.

Who are you to assume how women feel?

Isn't that an incredibly sexist generalization like the Feminists might say?

All women feel uncomfortable being approached in a friendly manner in broad daylight in open public spaces when she is not busy or in a hurry, just because she isn't physcally attracted to the man?

I am a bitter pessimist, but that takes things to a whole new level.

Plenty of women will politely reject a man they aren't interested in as long as his poapproach is not creepy. Alliekit said it here herself, that she rejects men politel. So there is some evidence against what you say, unlike you who has provided as of yet no evidence.

It's a bold assumption to make, and one that surely should be backed-up with some amount of evidence.

And that charismatic and attractive men can't be single? What about the one'ss that approach women to get one night stands, and not a relationship?

Here, I will show actual evidence of a rich, white, tall, muscular attractive male, who has said in multiple videos he DOES NOT have a girlfriend, approaching women and them enjoying his approach, and yes they are clearly strangers:

I may not be his equal in attractiveness or charsima, but certainly the average male would have some appeal to some women. That's the idea behind young men approaching women. Be polite, work hard, dating isa number's game.

Here is a video of average men asking women for their numbers, and women politely rejecting them. Skip to the end if you dont want to waste your time, the tally is there:

Unlike you, I believe people only deserve hostile treatment if they show it themselves, and saying hello to someone and asking how their day is, is not hostile treatment, no matter how much you'd like to it is.

Granted, the man in the video asked them directly, but not every man who approaches women does it the way the men in these two videos did.

In fact, many would argue it's the complete opposite, and does not warrant hostile treatment.

I believe in the golden rule.

Now please try to give a real argument, and some real hard evidence, or don't bother responding.

Wrongplanet is a supportive place, you have already broken rules in your post.

I encourage you to stay if you can show a more supportive and constructive attitude, one that encourages young Autistic men and women to be confident, that encourages Autistic people to engage in conversation with others and build social connections for their health and wellbeing, to take risks and leave their comfort zones, to end their social isolation, which multiple studies show can cause depression, anxiety disorders, low self esteem, substance abusing behaviors, etc.

All forms of social contact and relationships, from acquaintances to friendship, family connections and love, are all key to a healthy mind.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 2:53 am

Outrider wrote:
I agree Markinis, Wrongplanet is a toxic, negative place with toxic, negative people. You definitely need a break from here to clear your mind. A long hiatus.

Sabreclaw wrote:

Making personal attacks is the most pathetic, low-hitting behavior I've ever seen. Along with making unwarranted, non-evidenced assumptions about others, instead of presenting a real argument.

Who are you to assume how women feel?

Isn't that an incredibly sexist generalization like the Feminists might say?

All women feel uncomfortable being approached in a friendly manner in broad daylight in open public spaces when she is not busy or in a hurry, just because she isn't physcally attracted to the man?

I am a bitter pessimist, but that takes things to a whole new level.

Plenty of women will politely reject a man they aren't interested in as long as his poapproach is not creepy. Alliekit said it here herself, that she rejects men politel. So there is some evidence against what you say, unlike you who has provided as of yet no evidence.

It's a bold assumption to make, and one that surely should be backed-up with some amount of evidence.

And that charismatic and attractive men can't be single? What about the one'ss that approach women to get one night stands, and not a relationship?

Here, I will show actual evidence of a rich, white, tall, muscular attractive male, who has said in multiple videos he DOES NOT have a girlfriend, approaching women and them enjoying his approach, and yes they are clearly strangers:

I may not be his equal in attractiveness or charsima, but certainly the average male would have some appeal to some women. That's the idea behind young men approaching women. Be polite, work hard, dating isa number's game.

Here is a video of average men asking women for their numbers, and women politely rejecting them. Skip to the end if you dont want to waste your time, the tally is there:

Unlike you, I believe people only deserve hostile treatment if they show it themselves, and saying hello to someone and asking how their day is, is not hostile treatment, no matter how much you'd like to it is.

Granted, the man in the video asked them directly, but not every man who approaches women does it the way the men in these two videos did.

In fact, many would argue it's the complete opposite, and does not warrant hostile treatment.

I believe in the golden rule.

Now please try to give a real argument, and some real hard evidence, or don't bother responding.

Wrongplanet is a supportive place, you have already broken rules in your post.

I encourage you to stay if you can show a more supportive and constructive attitude, one that encourages young Autistic men and women to be confident, that encourages Autistic people to engage in conversation with others and build social connections for their health and wellbeing, to take risks and leave their comfort zones, to end their social isolation, which multiple studies show can cause depression, anxiety disorders, low self esteem, substance abusing behaviors, etc.

All forms of social contact and relationships, from acquaintances to friendship, family connections and love, are all key to a healthy mind.

Look there is nothing wrong with approaching an speaking with a woman as long as you understand that she may be in a relationship or may reject you (it's a fact of life). Its not the approaching I find uncomfortable it's the rudeness after they find put you are in a relationship (although this is mostly from drunk people in my own experience)

Also there is such a thing as a time of place. If a woman looks stressed or busy than its not a great idea. You can generally gauge a reaction from the first question if they are happy to talk than go for it but if they give short curt answers then just leave them to it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 4:02 am

Outrider, stop approaching strangers - it's stupid. It will not work, and these PUA videos are often filtered and staged.

Alliekit, stop pre-rejecting guys who haven't even asked you out yet - it's also stupid. You can always mention your fiancee casually without sounding as a warning or rejection.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 4:12 am

You deserve nothing but hostility, Outrider. I spoke in generalizations, yes. Obviously I don't mean to say all women will react in a certain way, but people in general don't like being bothered. I would have referred to all people, not just women, but since we were talking about men hitting on women I figured you might be able to understand what I meant. It's called context.

Your constant posting of pickup videos is evidence for nothing more than hunks are attractive (no s**t), and that you are totally obsessed with utter nonsense; ie a creep.

If you want a stimulating intellectual debate, I suggest you go to University instead of bickering on an internet forum.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2017, 4:18 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Outrider, stop approaching strangers - it's stupid. It will not work, and these PUA videos are often filtered and staged.

Alliekit, stop pre-rejecting guys who haven't even asked you out yet - it's also stupid. You can always mention your fiancee casually without sounding as a warning or rejection.

When it's drunk guys putting their arms round you and stuff it's the only way they will stop. I hate being touched by strangers as it is.

I don't normally do it other situations because i assume the guys are just being friendly. You just proved my point that women can't assume all guys are approaching them for just dates because that would be rude and somewhat sexist.