Are most men struggling to get healthy weight women?

Page 4 of 31 [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2017, 10:48 am

I have been suffereing from an external hemorrhoid this weekend - taking the proper medicine and all.
But I decided to change my whole diet from now on, I don't want this horrible thing happens any more again.
Much more vegetables - I will pass a salad no matter what with every lunch; and more seafood and less red meat for lunch; less pastry, less cheese and diary things (except yogurt) for breakfast/dinner and more vegetables/salad for dinner again; where I live dinner is traditionally a small meat-less meal (like breakfast) while lunch is the big meal.
More fiber intake overall - I ll be adding beans and oatmeal to salads and make more frequently lentil soup. More fruits and less gâteaux overall as dessert (teary).
Actually I am going back to my old eating habits; I got bad eating habits due to my work trips - such as meater dinner.
... and most protein bars turned out to be bad for my bowels.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2017, 10:33 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
So you weigh 172, but a woman who weighs 175 is way too fat for you? Maybe you should make sure you yourself have a perfect body type before you decide women are un-datable if they weight even two more pounds than you.

Also it seems like the thing you value above all else when it comes to women is how much they weigh, or at least you are hyper-focusing on it which probably isn't helping. Lol if I had been such a stickler on weight I wouldn't have the awesome boyfriend I do.

Why does a guy need a perfect body type (I assume you mean by that muscled athlete Adonis?) just to get a healthy weight girlfriend? Is that how you put people into boxes/leagues? You think only muscled hunks deserve any healthy weight female?

Its a lot easier to get to a healthy weight than be a muscled Hunk.

What would women think if we told them who they need to be ripped and conditioned with a body like a 200m Olympic female sprinter just to be able to date a man of healthy weight. They'd be outraged of course.

What if obese men in the USA declared that they are the male ideal, and then used multiple mainstream media outlets to shame women for not liking men with guts and fat overhanging their privates?

I'm a healthy weight and I like women of healthy weights. Why is it asking too much for my equal?

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 10:51 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I have been suffereing from an external hemorrhoid this weekend - taking the proper medicine and all.
But I decided to change my whole diet from now on, I don't want this horrible thing happens any more again.
Much more vegetables - I will pass a salad no matter what with every lunch; and more seafood and less red meat for lunch; less pastry, less cheese and diary things (except yogurt) for breakfast/dinner and more vegetables/salad for dinner again; where I live dinner is traditionally a small meat-less meal (like breakfast) while lunch is the big meal.
More fiber intake overall - I ll be adding beans and oatmeal to salads and make more frequently lentil soup. More fruits and less gâteaux overall as dessert (teary).
Actually I am going back to my old eating habits; I got bad eating habits due to my work trips - such as meater dinner.
... and most protein bars turned out to be bad for my bowels.

Metamucil - the gritty kind. Adds fiber for cardiac health, makes you regular, wards off colon cancer. Oh! Saves on toilet paper. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 11:00 am

Sometime World wrote:

I'm a healthy weight and I like women of healthy weights. Why is it asking too much for my equal?

Men and women have different rating systems. A 5' 2" man is going to get far fewer dates than a 5' 2" women, even though they are of equal height.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 2:48 pm

Sometime World wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
So you weigh 172, but a woman who weighs 175 is way too fat for you? Maybe you should make sure you yourself have a perfect body type before you decide women are un-datable if they weight even two more pounds than you.

Also it seems like the thing you value above all else when it comes to women is how much they weigh, or at least you are hyper-focusing on it which probably isn't helping. Lol if I had been such a stickler on weight I wouldn't have the awesome boyfriend I do.

Why does a guy need a perfect body type (I assume you mean by that muscled athlete Adonis?) just to get a healthy weight girlfriend? Is that how you put people into boxes/leagues? You think only muscled hunks deserve any healthy weight female?

Its a lot easier to get to a healthy weight than be a muscled Hunk.

What would women think if we told them who they need to be ripped and conditioned with a body like a 200m Olympic female sprinter just to be able to date a man of healthy weight. They'd be outraged of course.

What if obese men in the USA declared that they are the male ideal, and then used multiple mainstream media outlets to shame women for not liking men with guts and fat overhanging their privates?

Where in my post does it say a guy needs to have a perfect body type or be a muscled hunk to date a female of a healthy weight?

I believe I was implying 175 is like 3 more pounds than your weight, how is it you're at a healthy weight weighing 172 but a woman who weighs 175 is suddenly unhealthily fat? Unless there is like a major height difference like she has that condition where you don't grow to normal size and is like 4 feet tall.

Also if you only see women who weight the exact same or less than you as 'equals' then maybe you don't deserve a relationship at all, you aren't a superior human being to people who weigh more than you. I mean ok maybe if there is a specific trashy person that really just doesn't give a crap about them-self, other people or anything around them then I guess you could argue you're a superior individual to them...but I doubt that describes the majority of overweight people.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 3:08 pm

androbot01 wrote:
This obsession with weight and one's body is absurd. We're not supposed to stay the size of children throughout our lives.

I also think it's crazy as well and the fat shaming goes way too far.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 3:19 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
This obsession with weight and one's body is absurd. We're not supposed to stay the size of children throughout our lives.

I also think it's crazy as well and the fat shaming goes way too far.

The categorization of "fat girls" is disgusting and shows up far too often on this forum.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

28 Feb 2017, 3:34 pm

Women have a problem finding guys to date online who don't objectify them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 3:41 pm

Everybody objectifies each other.

The key is to be respectful to each other while you're objectifying each other.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 4:15 pm

*cough*

Since we are talking about objectifying:

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 4:43 pm

Sometime World wrote:
So. No single healthy weight women in my real world (they are all taken) and online dating makes me feel like worthless ugly s**t.
Yeah. Even the obese ones think they're too good for me.

How did the market become so heavily tipped in their favour that I need a degree while they don't need to maintain a healthy weight?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 5:02 pm

Trying to convince someone they're attracted to obese people when they're not is about as logical as trying to convince gay people they're attracted to the opposite sex.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 5:10 pm

My crazy opinion is that people are allowed to be attracted to whatever they're attracted to.

If a guy doesn't want to date a fat chick, cool. However, if a woman doesn't want to date a jobless guy, also cool.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 5:12 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
My crazy opinion is that people are allowed to be attracted to whatever they're attracted to.

If a guy doesn't want to date a fat chick, cool. However, if a woman doesn't want to date a jobless guy, also cool.

and let's not forget also that a lot of fit women wouldn't want to date fat guys; this is also common.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 5:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

and let's not forget also that a lot of fit women wouldn't want to date fat guys; this is also common.

Of course.

I was just using those as quick examples.

People don't want to date other people for all sorts of reasons. I was mostly just saying that I don't think there's anything wrong with men or women having standards.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 5:48 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Sometime World wrote:
So. No single healthy weight women in my real world (they are all taken) and online dating makes me feel like worthless ugly s**t.
Yeah. Even the obese ones think they're too good for me.

How did the market become so heavily tipped in their favour that I need a degree while they don't need to maintain a healthy weight?

They have other things to offer