What are some good tips to keep the dates going with a girl?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

HenryGramer
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2017, 12:21 pm

So far, what I have learned from all my mistakes is to not sleep with a girl before 6 months of going out with her and learning not to make out a lot and fall prey to girls that jump at me by being touchy. I gotta resist temptation and not touch so much so that we can have good conversations and I can be on my best behavior when going out with a girl.

ND score: 131/200
NT score: 58/200

Says I'm Aspie...

Please don't type of paragraphs in response to my questions or replies because that will overwhelm my mind and make me not want to read your responses.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 2:03 pm

Just be nice, calm, and yourself.

HenryGramer
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2017, 2:30 pm

Corny wrote:

I've been getting good at being calm and nice. I have a hard time with the advice "be yourself". I don't understand it and I'must making sure the other person enjoys me.

Says I'm Aspie...

Please don't type of paragraphs in response to my questions or replies because that will overwhelm my mind and make me not want to read your responses.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 2:40 pm

6 months seems a little excessive I mean if that is how long it takes to establish boyfriend and girlfriend status I guess. But I think its fine if you just get to know each other better first...like don't jump into sex or intamacy right away, go on a few dates/hang out and talk a few times before.

I know in the past I thought early intimacy was a positive sign that it may last, but it turned out not to be so in my experience.

HenryGramer
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
6 months seems a little excessive I mean if that is how long it takes to establish boyfriend and girlfriend status I guess. But I think its fine if you just get to know each other better first...like don't jump into sex or intamacy right away, go on a few dates/hang out and talk a few times before.

I know in the past I thought early intimacy was a positive sign that it may last, but it turned out not to be so in my experience.

We'll how long am I supposed to take the determine boyfriend/girlfriend status? What do I do with a girl that wants to have sex with me? Do I say yes or no? Should I say no in hopes that she sticks around? I mean of course I want to have sex but if I have it too soon, they run away or they get awkward about it. How do I demonstrate to a girl that I'm looking for a relationship. I know I should not have sex right off the bat and need help with curbing those feelings.

Says I'm Aspie...

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 4:37 pm

HenryGramer wrote:
Corny wrote:

I've been getting good at being calm and nice. I have a hard time with the advice "be yourself". I don't understand it and I'must making sure the other person enjoys me.

Be yourself means just be the person you are. Don't try to act like your someone else or do something to impress a girl. Be the way you are already. And don't act like someone else.

HenryGramer
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2017, 4:49 pm

Corny wrote:
HenryGramer wrote:
Corny wrote:

Be yourself means just be the person you are. Don't try to act like your someone else or do something to impress a girl. Be the way you are already. And don't act like someone else.

What if people don't like the way I am over and over again. At that point it's not them it's me. Or I am behaving in a way that is not "relationship-like".

Says I'm Aspie...

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2017, 8:58 pm

HenryGramer wrote:
Corny wrote:
HenryGramer wrote:
Corny wrote:

What if people don't like the way I am over and over again. At that point it's not them it's me. Or I am behaving in a way that is not "relationship-like".

I don't know how you behave. So how do you behave?

HenryGramer
Raven
Raven

30 Mar 2017, 9:58 pm

Corny wrote:
HenryGramer wrote:
Corny wrote:
HenryGramer wrote:
Corny wrote:

I don't know how you behave. So how do you behave?

Well... I do like touching in piblic a lot. I think that is problematic and I seem to fall prey to girl that rush things and honestly, I don't even know that peeps are rushing on me or not because I have no idea about pacing in a relationship or dating.

One time I said "I love you" within a month of seeing someone and she got scared. At least a checklist on pacing should help. I have problems keeping friends too. I know it's correlated somehow.

Says I'm Aspie...

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 4:00 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
I think its fine if you just get to know each other better first...like don't jump into sex or intamacy right away, go on a few dates/hang out and talk a few times before.

I can definitely agree with this. I can't even count the times I've heard about dudes trying to get into their girlfriends' panties after only a few months of dating - or worse yet, a couple of weeks. That said, six months does sound like a good point to have had sex at least once, far as I'm concerned.

HenryGramer
Raven
Raven

31 Mar 2017, 12:41 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I think its fine if you just get to know each other better first...like don't jump into sex or intamacy right away, go on a few dates/hang out and talk a few times before.

I can definitely agree with this. I can't even count the times I've heard about dudes trying to get into their girlfriends' panties after only a few months of dating - or worse yet, a couple of weeks. That said, six months does sound like a good point to have had sex at least once, far as I'm concerned.

Yeah my sister and brother-in-law have told me 6 months. Gonna try and curb my touchiness and learn pacing. I just gotta find a way to not succumb to a girl wanting to make out with me right away and is hot (in my eyes) and wants sex on the 2nd or 3rd date to prevent them from running away from me. I need help with keeping a girl around for at least a year... At least with friends I can keep them around for 3 - 5 years until it goes kaput.

Says I'm Aspie...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2017, 4:53 pm

HenryGramer wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

We'll how long am I supposed to take the determine boyfriend/girlfriend status? What do I do with a girl that wants to have sex with me? Do I say yes or no? Should I say no in hopes that she sticks around? I mean of course I want to have sex but if I have it too soon, they run away or they get awkward about it. How do I demonstrate to a girl that I'm looking for a relationship. I know I should not have sex right off the bat and need help with curbing those feelings.

There is no single simple answer to any of that unfortunately. It sort of depends on who you meet, it could take six months to reach that stage but it doesn't have to if you and a potential girlfriend are ready sooner. It helps to discuss how its progressing to...like me and my boyfriend discussed having good chemistry, decided to meet a few times before having sex since neither of us were interested in a casual sex fling so figured it would be best to get to know each other better first. Then after a few weeks we talked and decided he'd be my boyfriend, and I'd be his girlfriend but by that point it was mostly just confirming.

Also not entirely sure how one would curb those feelings, in my experience it is more just not acting on it right away even if you want to. For me I just convinced myself it was better in the long run based on my experiences of jumping into intimate urges only to end up being led on or having guys just lose interest. My brother even said sometimes it can't be helped when people get intimate so immediately that one or both people can lose interest because they haven't waited to make it a more special thing...even if they weren't intending on leading anyone on. Not sure its true for every single person out there but seems to be the case much of the time.