Aspie Partner sometimes does not reply to text messages

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 3:25 pm

I'd say there's a general consensus among myself & most people in my life that some people just don't feel like texting constantly.

I develop software on cell phones fot a living sometimes. There's no good reason to drag my work everywhere I go. For anyone who lives in a cave without Telecoms & Facebook, there are still many options for this, online & IRL, all of which are more direct. Texts are just overpriced emails anyway so why not video chat or just keep tabs on friends by speaking to them in person?

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 4:34 pm

cberg wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I would pull back and give him some space. Forget the "goodnights". I had 4 male Aspie friends and So far, I haven't been able to figure out how to make a friendship with an Aspie successful.

:lol: Oh, easy! We're YOUR OBSESSION. Contextualize this any way you want, just don't make Boo send you a harem, or whatever this would be called. You've been warned. :jester:

What does Boo have to do with this?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 4:41 pm

Anngables wrote:
Hi Angela . . .. . I can live with it if the reduction in messages doesn't correlate to a reduction in caring. That's the part I have difficulty with. Yes we meet up and spend a whole full days together often 12hrs . . .. . He thinks of some great places to take me often just because he knows I will enjoy them, and he always gets it spot on. We laugh and he is very relaxed with me now. And to be fair he is always keen to book up the next date . .. . . I struggle with the in between times when I feel insignificant, but maybe I should just accept it for what it is. The trouble is as you said earlier. As NTs we need the more constant interactions to be sure of each other. I dont "need" just another acquaintance /friend. I thought we were really close friends but it doesn't feel that way during the weeks we don't meet. Me being needy . . . Probably, but it certainly helped when he was texting me good night every day (I didn't ask for that) with that gone I feel very forgotten.

Your last sentence makes me sad because that's how I felt - totally alone. If I saw my Aspie friends in person like you, I'd expect even more contact since they would be closer.

I have an NT girlfriend Julia that I used to work with and now we developed more of a friendship with texting. We have went out once with our Ma's, but that's it. I keep asking her if she can go out to dinner again and she keeps saying no with all different reasons. This last week when I asked she said that she's losing weight and doesn't want to go out to eat. She must not really want to see me. Whatever. I haven't texted her back since.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 4:51 pm

nurseangela wrote:
cberg wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
I would pull back and give him some space. Forget the "goodnights". I had 4 male Aspie friends and So far, I haven't been able to figure out how to make a friendship with an Aspie successful.

:lol: Oh, easy! We're YOUR OBSESSION. Contextualize this any way you want, just don't make Boo send you a harem, or whatever this would be called. You've been warned. :jester:

What does Boo have to do with this?

:shrug: There's a good chance he knows this tangent better than I.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 5:05 pm

^ You remind me a bit of me...apart from forums and a few aquaintances on Facebook, the only friends I want to make are close ones. I haven't got any currently. Most people don't seek that kind of friendship, it is life. It is not only an aspie thing. Things are usually one-sided, and nobody tells you straight that they're not interested.

Anngables
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 5:50 pm

Hi Angela I'm sorry you feel so alone it's a horrible feeling. I've just had a row with my Aspie friend . . . .. it's so difficult but probably my fault . . . . .although his way of ignoring me when I start getting needy doesn't help . . .. . I am ok tho as I have other friends. One of these made a very poignant point that I only allow myself to care for someone who is unable to care for me, because if my feeling were reciprocated it would get even more complicated.

I think he may speak sense my situation is somewhat unique. Anyway I just wanted to reach out and say I'm sorry you are feeling lonely. I am feeling sad right now too xx

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 6:18 pm

I can't believe so.many here are like this.

I see many NT women talk of experiences where their aspie boyfriend basically never replies or texts them.

I agree nurraangela.

I miss my best friend after 2 weeks NC (no contact), can't imagine a month.

I'll admit, I can probably go longer than The average NT witjout talkong to a friend or loved one, but if I was in a relationship I'd want to have extended conversations online at least 2-4 times a week when not seeing each other in person.

Id want to see each other on person 2-4 times a week but once a week could do if we talk enough when apart.

I dislike actual text messaging though due to my phones UI (interface/confusing screen/etc.), and would have to date a girl with a Facebook to keep in touch with her that way.

Lots of people with aspergers or other disabilities also don't have social media or even a cell phone at all. F*cling annoying.

I meet someone I like, male friend or a cute girl, and they don't even have a Facebook.

There goes essentially any chance of a stronger friendship/seeing them outside of school/work/disability group/etc.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Apr 2017, 8:53 pm

Angie turn on your PMs

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 8:56 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Angie turn on your PMs

Sorry about that. I didn't know I had even turned that off. I think I must have done that when I was getting the harassing ones and forgot to turn it back on.

Darn, I flunked.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

06 Apr 2017, 9:04 pm

Another thing is this, since I can't read people and I have poor self esteem it is very easy for me to think I am pestering someone or being a creep or to feel that I am the only one giving an effort or whatever infinite amount of negative thinking variables. I have no idea who I can trust, who is a friend, who is more than a friend, or whatever. If you're down too, I don't want to just dump that on someone. If somebody gives a small talk hey hows it going or whatever, it's hard to answer that question because the real answer is s**t but I don't want to upset someone and just being short with a generic response like "fine" basically is shutting the conversation down. I can understand it being upsetting not being able to read someone you're in some sort of relation with but that's how it is for me with everybody.

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

07 Apr 2017, 12:26 am

I hate using the phone much and I hate people expecting things of me. I hate feeling like I have to have text conversations when I really don't want to. Saying goodmorning and goodnight are just those kind of niceties/pointless small talk that I don't like. Once a day, in the middle of the day, my partner or I will ask for an update on their day. I am okay with this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2017, 1:19 am

Why am I being mentioned here? :|

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2017, 1:27 am

smudge wrote:
^ You remind me a bit of me...apart from forums and a few aquaintances on Facebook, the only friends I want to make are close ones. I haven't got any currently. Most people don't seek that kind of friendship, it is life. It is not only an aspie thing. Things are usually one-sided, and nobody tells you straight that they're not interested.

True, sometimes I open the facebook chat , I see a lot of people I knew, who were friends in school, college...etc; but no one initiates, no one cares. It was me who initiated with them most of them the time but after a while I just give up if I see no reciprocity.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2017, 2:25 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Why am I being mentioned here? :|

You must be in the business of harems? What does a harem have to do with this conversation anyway?!

Darn, I flunked.

Anngables
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2017, 4:25 am

Just as an update seem to have sorted why my night time text messages stopped . . . Apparently I didn't answer on 2 separate occasions so he said it felt pointless. . . ..

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2017, 4:57 am

In that case, he was right, I wouldn't re-text if I get ignored.