Men Without Bachelor's Degree Not Marriage Material

Page 6 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 9:46 pm

I don't really care whether or not he has a degree, but I don't want someone who lacks ambition and who isn't able to support themselves in life.

I had a friend in middle school who didn't go to college, but ended up starting his own construction business, which turned out to be sufficiently successful.

Last edited by Chronos on 26 Sep 2017, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 9:48 pm

sly279 wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
So if you're a poor, un/under-employed or low-paid man, you're not worthy of having a lover, but as a woman in the same position you still are? Man, I love checking my male privilege.

Unless you want to fill the typical housewife role, as long as the man can provide for his own needs, it should be incumbent on you to worry about your own too. If you expect someone to take care of your bills for you, you'd best be able to give them a good reason to.

Yep I've been saying it for years now and women here are like no women don't care about that stuff your crazy

Women poorer then me reject me cause of my job, they don't even have one and live off their parents. Atleast one girl was straight out she wanted to be a housewife and thus needed a husband who can provide everything. She didn't really reject me as it was just mutral as I told her that won't ever be me

Why don't you try rejecting them instead? It'll be cathartic!

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 10:12 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:
Unemployed women shouldn't be seen as wife material either!!
I agree. I would want to marry a woman with a similar income to me. With our incomes combined we can buy a nice house to live in.

I especially wouldn't want to be with an unemployed woman who would be my financial dependant. That would send me to the poorhouse fast.

Marrying a housewife sounds boring. I'd want to marry someone with the same level career as me.

Good luck convincing her that the income will be shared and not just for her shoes or makeup or other garbage.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 10:25 pm

I don't think much of this is actually relevant to most of us.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 10:40 pm

Chronos wrote:
I don't really care whether or not he has a degree, but I don't want someone who lacks ambition and who isn't able to support themselves in life.

I had a friend in middle school who didn't go to college, but ended up starting his own construction business, which turned out to be sufficiently successful.

What about men who can support themselves but their too disabled to work part time so he lives off disability.money from the government?

I heard its less in America but in Australia disability money from social security IS just enough for a man to live off even if its still less money than a part time job.

I'm always working on my mental health through therapy, my carer and support groups, volunteer as many hours a week (10hrs max is my limit), and care greatly for my hygiene and physical health. I am passionate at my hobbies. I do live with my parents but im the best at saving money in the family. My uncle and dad for example both often lives with people without paying rent and eats the food for free but blow their disability money on alcohol every weekend they get more than me $800 a fortnight. I'm the guy everyone comes for loans since I'm so good at saving and have a sizable emergency fund in the bank for myself. Apparently because I need disability money I'm not even permitted to study or I'll lose my payment.

I could study part time at college its working a job I struggle with they are two different things but government sees them as the same. :evil:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 11:09 pm

Outrider wrote:
Chronos wrote:

What about men who can support themselves but their too disabled to work part time so he lives off disability.money from the government?

I heard its less in America but in Australia disability money from social security IS just enough for a man to live off even if its still less money than a part time job.

I'm always working on my mental health through therapy, my carer and support groups, volunteer as many hours a week (10hrs max is my limit), and care greatly for my hygiene and physical health. I am passionate at my hobbies. I do live with my parents but im the best at saving money in the family. My uncle and dad for example both often lives with people without paying rent and eats the food for free but blow their disability money on alcohol every weekend they get more than me $800 a fortnight. I'm the guy everyone comes for loans since I'm so good at saving and have a sizable emergency fund in the bank for myself. Apparently because I need disability money I'm not even permitted to study or I'll lose my payment.

I could study part time at college its working a job I struggle with they are two different things but government sees them as the same. :evil:

At 18 I wouldn't have cared because at 18, hardly anyone is on their feet or knows where they are going in life.

Here's a true story.
When I was 15 there was a boy who was also about 15 and he was the bag boy/cart retriever at the market. I thought he was kind of attractive, though we never spoke. I thought it was probably a temporary job while he was in high school and he would move on to something else.

He did.

When I returned to the area for a visit with family, the boy, now man, was the store manager...and married with kids.

It's not where you are in life but where you are going. I've known plenty of people, who, when they were young, were pizza deliverymen, or worked in other aspects of food service. Some of them were high school drop outs or failing community college, but most of them eventually went somewhere in life.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:15 am

wanderlust77 wrote:
After reading the article my thoughts:
Marriage is outdated, it is NOT going to last till death do us apart so it's kinda pointless. Do it but make sure you cover your arse. If she doesn't like the idea of a prenup, you have your answer immediately.

Unemployed women shouldn't be seen as wife material either!! If you are unemployed, talking about NTs where there are no special circumstances, you are just plain lazy and too picky in my eyes.
If you want to work, you can find a job. There are plenty of jobs out there. Move cities, move countries. In Europe it's relatively easy.
I just remember one of my mom's friend. She was unemployed for 2 years when she couldn't afford to live in my city, she moved to a mate's couch but she still kept her car. She didn't want to do jobs that paid less than her previous job so she chose not to work at all. It's so not logical. I think she is still unemployed, 3 years and counting. This tells a lot about her ability to be independent and being an adult.

Marriage should be between two ADULTS who are capable of living on their own. No leeches "in the name of love"

"The men who were left were less desirable, because they lacked income and were more likely to drink to excess or use drugs."
The thing is if you are unsuccessful and you need alcohol to cope instead of fight and make it happen, you are weak. Weakness makes these men not desirable. Not the lack of bachelor degree.

I might be wrong but a wedding costs awful lot in the US, stupid women want to be a princess for a day but what's the price? Maybe that puts men off as well.

A working class woman doesn't earn enough to support somebody else as well. That salary is just not enough for two. In a working class marriage you need TWO salaries. Men can moan about greedy women all day long but the money is not going to be enough if only one person works. It doesn't matter who.

A woman worthy to get proposed will think about what values she can add to the relationship. All them other b#tches are just good for "fun times".

A man without essential life skills is not a marriage material I would say.

Working class me do it though and have done it for thousands of years. So if s guy making $24 and hour can't support a wife and 4 kids while owning a house and car why can't a woman making the same money do it?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:18 am

green0star wrote:
Oh please, I dated a guy who supposedly had 4 years of collage and that dude was hardly marriage material ... Yea I know the deal, even my mom told me I should marry for money over love. My dad said the same thing, its all about money.

That sounds miserable.

You need love too or you will basically be contractually joined to a roommate.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:21 am

Boxman108 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:
I agree. I would want to marry a woman with a similar income to me. With our incomes combined we can buy a nice house to live in.

I especially wouldn't want to be with an unemployed woman who would be my financial dependant. That would send me to the poorhouse fast.

Marrying a housewife sounds boring. I'd want to marry someone with the same level career as me.

Good luck convincing her that the income will be shared and not just for her shoes or makeup or other garbage.

That's sexist (said in voice of cinema sins voiceover guy)

You know not all women are obsessed with shoes and makeup.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:25 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
So if you're a poor, un/under-employed or low-paid man, you're not worthy of having a lover, but as a woman in the same position you still are? Man, I love checking my male privilege.

Unless you want to fill the typical housewife role, as long as the man can provide for his own needs, it should be incumbent on you to worry about your own too. If you expect someone to take care of your bills for you, you'd best be able to give them a good reason to.

Yep I've been saying it for years now and women here are like no women don't care about that stuff your crazy

Women poorer then me reject me cause of my job, they don't even have one and live off their parents. Atleast one girl was straight out she wanted to be a housewife and thus needed a husband who can provide everything. She didn't really reject me as it was just mutral as I told her that won't ever be me

Why don't you try rejecting them instead? It'll be cathartic!

Cause women don't initiate and they especially don't with me. The unemployed one just wanted a guy that'd accept her for who she was(unemployed post gradebwith dreams of writing books) but she wouldn't do the same for guys. I feel a lot of women are hypocrites.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:29 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
My observations agree with the observations made by the author of the article. I've observed that middle class people are more likely to be married.

This could be for a number of reasons

1. Middle class people may have more initiative to go out there and date. The same initiative that enabled them to get a degree and a high paying job may also compel to date.

2.Middle class people are less likely to have less anxiety. I'm not saying all poor people have anxiety but if you have to much social anxiety (or other forms of anxiety) to complete college and/or get a high paying job, you won't be in the middle class.

3. Middle class people are more likely to have grown up with both their parents. My single mum didn't give good dating advice because she never courted, she was courted, she always took a passive role in dating. I saw my dad on occasion but his drunken misogynistic advice didn't help. Middle class people are more likely to have a father who is both living with the and not an alcoholic. Advice from a good father figure can be helpful for figuring out dating.

4. A lot of middle class people actually met their partner at college. It's a big place with thousands of sociable young women. Sounds like a good place to meet your future wife. Someone who didn't go to college had less opportunity to be around thousands of young women. Working class men might work in a blue collar job that doesn't have many women in it.

5. Working class people can afford the wedding. I've known a fair few poor people who had long term relationships with kids and didn't get married. Are they living in sin? No. But with weddings costing $30,000 (according to cracked) and an engagement ring costing six months of a middle class man's salary before tax (according to De Beers) they just can't afford it.

(It never ceases to confuse me how middle class people tell me about the virtues of saving and being frugal and they blow it all on a wedding, a honeymoon and a diamond ring).

Really? In my middle class family few of my cousins are married and quite a few of us have anxiety issues.

Out of the 15 of us 5 are married. This is ages from 22 -45.

Weddings don't have to be expensive. Not all weddings cost 30000.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:32 am

Boxman108 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
wanderlust77 wrote:

My Hunny better know my Monday night's are taken watching my favorite designer Lori Goldstein on QVC. And my closet is full of designer purses. And I do have plenty of makeup and bath and body lotions and soaps. Not giving up any of it. :mrgreen: I'm not much of a shoe hound - that's my sister-in-law. Oh, I have a watch collection and may add to my gun collection. I don't think a Hunny should have a problem with my guns, do you? His closet may have to be in the basement. :mrgreen:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Last edited by nurseangela on 27 Sep 2017, 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:35 am

nurseangela wrote:
Story time, then I have homework to do.

Some of you (I won't say who) keep talking about a house husband. I believe I have talked about my ex-friend Julia before - she has a house husband. It's not all it's cracked up to be (for her). She is able to be the breadwinner since she is an LPN, but she doesn't make enough because she has to work usually 6 out of 7 days a week. She also decided that they had to get married because she is religious, but mainly because she got pregnant by mistake. Her "house husband" is a slacker in that area too. He had a job, but after moving here to Kansas from the East coast, he just never got another job after that. It's going on 5 years now? I quit asking her if he found a job yet because I know the answer will be no. You'd think that he could do all of the housework if she is working 6 days a week 12 hours a day, but no. When I used to talk to her, SHE was the one doing the dishes and the vacuuming and the mowing of the lawn - even put up the Christmas tree (by herself). She even told me that she almost had to go to the hospital after she was mowing the lawn because it was so hot she almost passed out. WTF. Where was her househusband? Chained to the MF bed?! She even couldn't rely on him to take THEIR kid to preschool. She ended up doing it after she got off of work. Over time, she stopped talking about how wonderful he was and you could tell there was some real resentment building up. She even tried ultimatums, but those never worked because she would always back down.

I would have no trouble supporting a "house husband", but I would rather have an equal. Thank you very much.

So he had to quit his job so she could move. How horrible of him. I'd said fresknyou lady I'm not moving for you. And surprise like many has hard time finding work again. If I had to quit my job and move across the cOuntry to where I dont know anyone I'd have a impossible time finding work and likely feel depression for being cut off from anyone I know. Yet he's the bad guy.

So it's been better he passed out from mowing the lawn? :roll: how about dont now the lawn on a hot day.

He might be lazy but that doesn't mean every non ambitious person is lazy.
I'm not all lazy not anymore then everyone else , whole western civilization is lazy. I just can only work part time due to my disabilities. They also make it really really hard to find work. It took me two years with professional help to find this job and the professionals were about ready to call it quits cause I'd never get callbacks from my resume :( so I'd be super hesitant to leave my current job. I tried to be ambitious, I had dreams. Certainly didn't plan to work retail. I worked hard and went to college. I got good grades. Systems rigged though. Can't join military, can't teach, couldn't be a mechanic. No donovers. I probably should tried for an office job degree, unfortunately there's no trial runs to see if you'd be good suit for a job before getting a degree and going into debt for it. There aren't any factory jobs anymore. The type I'd be good at that most people can't stand. Nor quality control jobs where my eye for perfection and defects would come in handy. All shipped to China or India. Can't seem to die either. So I just exist and upset women by not being s real man

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:37 am

Outrider wrote:
Chronos wrote:

We're worthless sub humans women wish would die cause they upset there's not enough real man for all of them.

Maybe dictatorships are all bad mean they get rid of the sub humans like myself so the ambitious real people can live their perfect life's. :wink: :cry:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:39 am

Well not for me...

I don't care about a damn degree, I care that I have an awesome boyfriend who treats me well and we both want to mutually work together to have a good life together. No kids though, no not for us. But yeah we have made vague plans... but will probably just do it quietly with no big ceremony with a bunch of people to gawk. My family might be 'upset' but blech why does it have to be a big ordeal with a bunch of people involved...plus he's essentially an atheist and I'm an agnostic pagan so how could we possibly take such a ceremony seriously.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:41 am

sly279 wrote:
nurseangela wrote:
Story time, then I have homework to do.

Some of you (I won't say who) keep talking about a house husband. I believe I have talked about my ex-friend Julia before - she has a house husband. It's not all it's cracked up to be (for her). She is able to be the breadwinner since she is an LPN, but she doesn't make enough because she has to work usually 6 out of 7 days a week. She also decided that they had to get married because she is religious, but mainly because she got pregnant by mistake. Her "house husband" is a slacker in that area too. He had a job, but after moving here to Kansas from the East coast, he just never got another job after that. It's going on 5 years now? I quit asking her if he found a job yet because I know the answer will be no. You'd think that he could do all of the housework if she is working 6 days a week 12 hours a day, but no. When I used to talk to her, SHE was the one doing the dishes and the vacuuming and the mowing of the lawn - even put up the Christmas tree (by herself). She even told me that she almost had to go to the hospital after she was mowing the lawn because it was so hot she almost passed out. WTF. Where was her househusband? Chained to the MF bed?! She even couldn't rely on him to take THEIR kid to preschool. She ended up doing it after she got off of work. Over time, she stopped talking about how wonderful he was and you could tell there was some real resentment building up. She even tried ultimatums, but those never worked because she would always back down.

I would have no trouble supporting a "house husband", but I would rather have an equal. Thank you very much.

So he had to quit his job so she could move. How horrible of him. I'd said fresknyou lady I'm not moving for you. And surprise like many has hard time finding work again. If I had to quit my job and move across the cOuntry to where I dont know anyone I'd have a impossible time finding work and likely feel depression for being cut off from anyone I know. Yet he's the bad guy.

So it's been better he passed out from mowing the lawn? :roll: how about dont now the lawn on a hot day.

He might be lazy but that doesn't mean every non ambitious person is lazy.
I'm not all lazy not anymore then everyone else , whole western civilization is lazy. I just can only work part time due to my disabilities. They also make it really really hard to find work. It took me two years with professional help to find this job and the professionals were about ready to call it quits cause I'd never get callbacks from my resume :( so I'd be super hesitant to leave my current job. I tried to be ambitious, I had dreams. Certainly didn't plan to work retail. I worked hard and went to college. I got good grades. Systems rigged though. Can't join military, can't teach, couldn't be a mechanic. No donovers. I probably should tried for an office job degree, unfortunately there's no trial runs to see if you'd be good suit for a job before getting a degree and going into debt for it. There aren't any factory jobs anymore. The type I'd be good at that most people can't stand. Nor quality control jobs where my eye for perfection and defects would come in handy. All shipped to China or India. Can't seem to die either. So I just exist and upset women by not being s real man

I didn't read all of this cause my tea is getting cold, but it was his decision to move.She didn't hold a gun to his head. It's been 5 years. He needs to snap out of it or go back home. Unfortunately, he was part of the reason she got pregnant. I think she'd be better off sending him back home myself.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.