Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 7:15 pm

In more depth what does it mean if you don't like the 'look I'd someone

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 4:46 am

It depends on the context.

There are people I don't find visually appealing, and there are people who give me bad vibes based on what they look like.

A lot of serial killer photos people post on Facebook, you can tell that they're messed up by just taking one look at their face. Then you read what the article says and think "Yes I thought so". That's an example of getting a bad vibe off someone.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2017, 7:34 am

I also think that when people say they don't like the look of someone, they're actually talking more about the general vibe of that person. Maybe they have an expression or move in a certain way that makes others uncomfortable.
But I don't know. Maybe it's literal too.
For me, when I don't like the look of someone I'm talking about the actual look. Often it has something to do with the way they're dressed or something about their face that I think looks weird, and thereby I don't like it. I most often dislike the looks of women who's had done plastic surgery done to look better (like botox lips or silicone breasts). I think they look unnatural and I don't like it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 8:38 am

Mugshots often distort what people really look like. They usually make people look like criminals. The people in the photos, generally, are not in a good mood.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 4:03 pm

I imagine I look creepy due to being ugly. Perhaps people think I’m some kind of pycopath :(

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 8:06 pm

sly279 wrote:
I imagine I look creepy due to being ugly. Perhaps people think I’m some kind of pycopath :(

Creepy is a vibe, not a look. Someone “ugly” could be completely friendly, sociable and good fun.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 8:08 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Mugshots often distort what people really look like. They usually make people look like criminals. The people in the photos, generally, are not in a good mood.

I agree and I don’t. You can tell a lot about people from looking at their face, especially their eyes.

I’ve never been wrong about vibes, so I trust them.

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Oct 2017, 8:24 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I agree and I don’t. You can tell a lot about people from looking at their face, especially their eyes.

I’ve never been wrong about vibes, so I trust them.

Heheh. We'll here's what's interesting about me. Since I have educated myself on understanding people, I have an educated vibe. I can do more than just read behind the lines of what someone is saying or how someone is looking. This man is a quick thinker, he tends to speak his mind a lot. His words are critical, but true. He has a problem with working together with other people due to him proclaiming himself or showing himself off.

If I don't like the look of someone, I generally mean they have an issue with them that I cannot work on. They are going to be less receptive to what I am saying. They also my have a agenda, which might include something crazy, and maybe dangerous. If I think they are ugly, I'll just tell them what I think is ugly in a dismissive way.

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 10:16 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Creepy is a vibe, not a look. Someone “ugly” could be completely friendly, sociable and good fun.

What do you mean?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 1:49 am

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

What do you mean?

A vibe is a feeling sensed that makes other people feel uncomfortable. For example there was a guy at my work who never said anything and just stared at me all the time. It made me feel extremely uncomfortable.