Male disposability in life & dating

Page 18 of 25 [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 6:12 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Funny you should mention the intelligent man. Women appear to be very drawn to intelligent over average. Case in point, I know a very aspie person who is very different, looking and the way he acts. He is also extremely intelligent and has no problems on dating sites. People love an intelligent, interesting conversation. As someone who has guinea pigged men and women on dating sites for years, intelligence and decent conversational skills are lacking in the messages 98% of men send.

The two aspie men I enjoy talking to on a regular basis are both extremely intelligent. One is an intellectual genius, the other, a master of perception and awareness. Both wonderful in their own way. I’m quite picky though, I get bored of average intelligence very easily. I can’t converse with low at all really.

I'll bite. Because I hear other girls say this often then when I ask for context it usually means game.

But sure are you talking about conversations like politics? Or are you saying you want a guy to keep a conversation exciting and fresh and not be boring and mundane like, "seen any good movies lately?"

Both would be ideal.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 6:18 am

There's no correlation between intelligence and being good/entertaining in conversations.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Oct 2017, 6:21 am

Closet Genious wrote:
magz wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
It's very discouraging, that no matter what other qualites I may have, my stupid choices have screwed things up for me. I like to think I am fairly attractive, in very good shape, have a good work ethic, not too stupid, I've done alot of volunteer work, and like to think I am not too bad of a person. But all of that seems to be cancelled out, because of the money issue, when it comes to the women I am attracted to.

So much about the famous Scandinavian social equality.

What?

I heard the salaries are so equal and all the equality indicators are so high in Northern Europe, almost no social stratification, we all should take an example from you, in Sweden it wouldn't matter what your job is... oh, does it?

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 6:27 am

Closet Genious wrote:
There's no correlation between intelligence and being good/entertaining in conversations.

I'd even claim there is a NEGATIVE correlation between intelligence and conversational skills.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 6:29 am

magz wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
magz wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
It's very discouraging, that no matter what other qualites I may have, my stupid choices have screwed things up for me. I like to think I am fairly attractive, in very good shape, have a good work ethic, not too stupid, I've done alot of volunteer work, and like to think I am not too bad of a person. But all of that seems to be cancelled out, because of the money issue, when it comes to the women I am attracted to.

So much about the famous Scandinavian social equality.

What?

I heard the salaries are so equal and all the equality indicators are so high in Northern Europe, almost no social stratification, we all should take an example from you, in Sweden it wouldn't matter what your job is... oh, does it?

Well... Doctors and engineers do earn quite a bit more than say, a kindergarten teacher, but they also pay ALOT more taxes(our taxes are exponential, not linear)so in the end the difference is not that big. Especially when we also take into account the gap in work hours.

But what was your point anyway? That money actually is more important than being intelligent and working hard?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Oct 2017, 6:36 am

My point was that in such an equal society, despite all the political corectness enforced, women still go for money. For me it means, the government politics failed to create the society they would dream of. Only the facade of it.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 6:38 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Chronos, would you date a very fat man? as obese as this lady in your picture.

That's an interesting question. I used to be very overweight myself, and lost it because I wished to have a more active lifestyle. I don't think obesity is compatible with the activities I would like to do with a potential mate, and I find the health problems that often come along with extreme obesity burdensome.

My friend of many years, who also used to be my roommate, was extremely overweight, and was from the time I had met him, and we did have many good times together, however we could not do many of the activities together that I enjoy doing,which are primarily outdoor activities, because he was in too poor of a shape to do them. We also had different lifestyles, his which both contributed to and maintained his excess weight. Additionally, he developed diabetes and the expense of his medication proved to be a significant financial burden.

So for those reason, an extremely obese person would not be my first choice of mate if there were nothing more compelling to override that.

However that doesn't stop the fact that one of the men I was somewhat attracted to and would not have minded dating was as obese as my roommate.

So to answer your question, I would prefer my mate to be of a healthy weight, and it would be something I would use as a filtering preference on a dating site, but I would not reject an obese man I found myself attracted to in person.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 6:40 am

hurtloam wrote:
magz wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You guys turned hurtloam into an asexual, bravo guys, bravo!

Jumps to the crocodiles.. volunarily..

There's this great saying.. You can either love women, or you can understand them, you can't do both. I think that's accurate. The same can probably be said about men too.

Greet the crocodiles for me!
No, understanding men helps - if you know when to keep your mouth shut.

hurtloam wrote:
Clakker wrote:
Dear Universe,

After reading through the entire thread, which covered the men's rights movement, feminism, unemployed men, supermarket woman, fast food woman, obese woman, picky women, gold diggers, skinny women, plus size woman, various definitions of what constitutes a real man, an average man, or desirable man, John Mayer, the dating game in general, one unsuspecting older obese woman, the obligatory pedo discussion and subsequent consensus that all men are sick, and, of course, so so much more...I still want a girlfriend.

I don't want a boyfriend anymore. Thank you wrong planet. You've dispelled that desire and I can get in with my life now. :p

This is the problem: when a woman is disappointed with men, she can give it up.
But the man's desire for women seems much stronger.
This is the situation for current society we are living in.
Out of balance here.

I'm still attracted to men. I still want one, but i'd rather not. The ones left over seem to be bitter and filled with conspiracy theories about women.

This forum puts me off internet dating. I don't want to interview screeds of bitter men with bizarre ideas about women.

This was actually a big obstacle I ran in to when I began to actively seek a man (being they weren't seeking me). I kept finding myself attacked by men with strange theories who were bitter at rejection they received in their teens and 20s, from girls and women who were certainly not me. They would concoct stories about my history which were completely untrue, for example, that I spent my 20s having a lot of sex with "alpha males" while ignoring the "nice guys" and use that for justification of their abuse towards me and other women. One man told me he doesn't date women my age because we all have "baggage", but how can I have baggage if I've never been on a vacation, so to speak? This was when I was 27, by the way. 10 years later, at 37, I now get men insisting I'm not suitable for them because they want children, and apparently they think 37 year old women are all barren. The reality is, I can easily give a man 3 kids the natural way before my fertility actually runs out, and a lot more if he wanted to do IVF. And then there's the men who hate all American women, 40 year old's who claim to only date 20 year olds and then dump them after they have sex (yes, they actually thinks that makes women jealous of them), and the men who hate all American women because we are supposedly all materialistic. The reality is, being on the spectrum, I was the "nice girl" who those "nice guys' largely ignored, and I don't deserve to be the recipient of abuse or hostilities of the men who are bitter over being rejected or dumped at a time in their life where most men experience rejection and most people get dumped. I don't deserve to be the one who's attacked just because I'm the only woman still standing around, who they ignored while they chased after all the "real" girls. Anyway, I've concluded that if there is a man out there for me, I will likely not find him on the internet.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Oct 2017, 6:44 am

hurtloam wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Funny you should mention the intelligent man. Women appear to be very drawn to intelligent over average. Case in point, I know a very aspie person who is very different, looking and the way he acts. He is also extremely intelligent and has no problems on dating sites. People love an intelligent, interesting conversation. As someone who has guinea pigged men and women on dating sites for years, intelligence and decent conversational skills are lacking in the messages 98% of men send.

The two aspie men I enjoy talking to on a regular basis are both extremely intelligent. One is an intellectual genius, the other, a master of perception and awareness. Both wonderful in their own way. I’m quite picky though, I get bored of average intelligence very easily. I can’t converse with low at all really.

I'll bite. Because I hear other girls say this often then when I ask for context it usually means game.

But sure are you talking about conversations like politics? Or are you saying you want a guy to keep a conversation exciting and fresh and not be boring and mundane like, "seen any good movies lately?"

Both would be ideal.

I'm so glad people think these are good qualities that matter when they dont.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Oct 2017, 6:52 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

Well, maybe they don't matter to you.
But if you want to spend your life with someone, it would be good to be able to have a good conversation. And to be able to talk and understand each other. And have some shared interests.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Oct 2017, 6:53 am

Chronos wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
magz wrote:
Closet Genious wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You guys turned hurtloam into an asexual, bravo guys, bravo!

Jumps to the crocodiles.. volunarily..

There's this great saying.. You can either love women, or you can understand them, you can't do both. I think that's accurate. The same can probably be said about men too.

Greet the crocodiles for me!
No, understanding men helps - if you know when to keep your mouth shut.

hurtloam wrote:
Clakker wrote:
Dear Universe,

After reading through the entire thread, which covered the men's rights movement, feminism, unemployed men, supermarket woman, fast food woman, obese woman, picky women, gold diggers, skinny women, plus size woman, various definitions of what constitutes a real man, an average man, or desirable man, John Mayer, the dating game in general, one unsuspecting older obese woman, the obligatory pedo discussion and subsequent consensus that all men are sick, and, of course, so so much more...I still want a girlfriend.

I don't want a boyfriend anymore. Thank you wrong planet. You've dispelled that desire and I can get in with my life now. :p

This is the problem: when a woman is disappointed with men, she can give it up.
But the man's desire for women seems much stronger.
This is the situation for current society we are living in.
Out of balance here.

I'm still attracted to men. I still want one, but i'd rather not. The ones left over seem to be bitter and filled with conspiracy theories about women.

This forum puts me off internet dating. I don't want to interview screeds of bitter men with bizarre ideas about women.

This was actually a big obstacle I ran in to when I began to actively seek a man (being they weren't seeking me). I kept finding myself attacked by men with strange theories who were bitter at rejection they received in their teens and 20s, from girls and women who were certainly not me. They would concoct stories about my history which were completely untrue, for example, that I spent my 20s having a lot of sex with "alpha males" while ignoring the "nice guys" and use that for justification of their abuse towards me and other women. One man told me he doesn't date women my age because we all have "baggage", but how can I have baggage if I've never been on a vacation, so to speak? This was when I was 27, by the way. 10 years later, at 37, I now get men insisting I'm not suitable for them because they want children, and apparently they think 37 year old women are all barren. The reality is, I can easily give a man 3 kids the natural way before my fertility actually runs out, and a lot more if he wanted to do IVF. And then there's the men who hate all American women, 40 year old's who claim to only date 20 year olds and then dump them after they have sex (yes, they actually thinks that makes women jealous of them), and the men who hate all American women because we are supposedly all materialistic. The reality is, being on the spectrum, I was the "nice girl" who those "nice guys' largely ignored, and I don't deserve to be the recipient of abuse or hostilities of the men who are bitter over being rejected or dumped at a time in their life where most men experience rejection and most people get dumped. I don't deserve to be the one who's attacked just because I'm the only woman still standing around, who they ignored while they chased after all the "real" girls. Anyway, I've concluded that if there is a man out there for me, I will likely not find him on the internet.

I call bs on this. Unless you were fat while young you had ton a of guys approach you. Fat is the only major turn off to most men. So either you were fat or hung out with a non approachable crowd.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 6:56 am

magz wrote:
I want to be honest, yes, I must sound creepy sometimes here. IRL men just know they won't get anywhere with me (I'm married), so they don't ask some questions. Or they are strange freaks who ask and don't get the answer personally.

You are not conspiracy theory believer, don't you remember? You and Boo have been diagnosed sociopaths!
I once advised Sometime World to marry an Ukrainian girl but he ignored my advice :( I mean it, a lot of Ukrainians are great matches for someone eager to have a traditional European wife, nice, beautiful and cooking. You just need to go there and look for someone compatibile with you in all the rest. Or travel to rural Russia and other remote parts of Eastern Europe (not big cities, big cities are too western-like). Travel there. Know the people. Talk to them. IRL.

The so-called Bible Belt in the United States is a lot like that, too. Marknis hates it, I know. But the women are beautiful, warm, and friendlier towards the “traditional housewife” attitude. Women in the US in general are more “liberated,” so while southern women might lean more traditional, they see themselves as more on an equal level with men.

They are also well aware of what they’re sacrificing by being housewives, so they also tend to be higher maintenance. That’s when you find out that “for richer and for poorer” in your wedding vows mean absolutely NOTHING. :evil:

But, yeah, I mean... If you’re a rock-solid, consistent guy, likeable, can keep a job or have some kind of plan for upwards mobility, AND a you can weed out all the psychos and gold-diggers, Southern women are the best anywhere for traditional gender roles.

I’ve dated “Yankee” girls, too. Totally dig the sarcasm, how they let you know where you stand and are brutally honest. They like their independence, not just paying lip service to it like Southern women do (Southern women can be needy—until you piss ‘em off, then they need no-one). There are lots of good-looking Yankee girls, just like there are lots of prettty Southern girls, but Yankee girls are...um...less attentive to their looks. It used to be with Southern girls you had to dig through 3 inches of makeup to see what she really looks like, whereas Yankee girls don’t need all that crap.

There are good/bad qualities everywhere you look. I had more fun dating Yankee girls than Southern girls, but had longer and more meaningful relationships with Southern girls. I’m more attracted to natural beauty, too, and I felt I got more of that with Yankee girls. My best friend (Southern girl) seemed to me a good mix of the best of all worlds, so I think ultimately your decision is less culture and more what works best for two people.

SilverBoltsisWmax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Oct 2017, 6:59 am

magz wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

But if you want to spend your life with someone, it would be good to be able to have a good conversation. And to be able to talk and understand each other. And have some shared interests.

Do you want to know why it doesn't matter? It's because talking is a LEARNED skill. It's something you can TEACH someone if it matters. It's not a make or break quality that makes a nice guy be a sh***y one just because his conversational skills arnt A+. Not only that but attraction and feels for one another built over time easily make what would seem boring conversations turn into fun ones because it's with someone you care about. Hence why it's useless. Women and Men who master conversational skills usually do it to seduce others or sway them kinda like how politicians do. But yes let's ignore the fact the people who practice this and hone it to talk to others usually have an ulterior motive let's make it a standard a guy must have to be attractive. Good priorities in a partner.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 7:11 am

magz wrote:
My point was that in such an equal society, despite all the political corectness enforced, women still go for money. For me it means, the government politics failed to create the society they would dream of. Only the facade of it.

EXACTLY! that's what I keep saying all the time, culture cannot change biology.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Oct 2017, 7:36 am

SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:
magz wrote:
SilverBoltsisWmax wrote:

Do you want to know why it doesn't matter? It's because talking is a LEARNED skill. It's something you can TEACH someone if it matters. It's not a make or break quality that makes a nice guy be a sh***y one just because his conversational skills arnt A+. Not only that but attraction and feels for one another built over time easily make what would seem boring conversations turn into fun ones because it's with someone you care about. Hence why it's useless. Women and Men who master conversational skills usually do it to seduce others or sway them kinda like how politicians do. But yes let's ignore the fact the people who practice this and hone it to talk to others usually have an ulterior motive let's make it a standard a guy must have to be attractive. Good priorities in a partner.

I don't know how bitter your expiriences are. Maybe you need some counselling for this?
There are many ways one can learn to appear more attractive to the opposite sex. Makeup, clothing, workout, hairstyle - do you see all these as traps too?
I learned conversation skills to steer out of fights on family gatherings. They are useful outside dating, too. If it made me more attractive - good for me. I'm married and quite counter to your "seduce and sway" theory.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

18 Oct 2017, 7:51 am

Closet Genious wrote:
magz wrote:

EXACTLY! that's what I keep saying all the time, culture cannot change biology.

But money is part of the culture :twisted: If you talked to an indigenous Amazonian girl living the traditional, uncontacted jungle lifestyle, she is probably attracted to good hunters and skilled fishers. They may not even know the idea of property, let alone money.
Okay, I agree to the "biology" part this way: a man should be able to provide goods and safety when the woman is pregnant and busy with kids... because it has been working that way for all the survival-driven generations.