How can I tell my girlfriend she is fat?

Page 1 of 36 [ 569 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 10:04 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
«This pants looks tighter on you lately »

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Or while you are having sex with her; pretend that you are struggling to do some of the moves you used to do that require lifting her.

ie. « Urggh...ouch my back! forget it, i ll just lay you down ».

She will get the message.

:lol:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 3:35 pm

caffeinekid wrote:
Look at all the threads here of people complaining they are single, or frustrated virgins, and just be thankful you have someone.

Telling someone to lose weight never works - someone can only lose weight for themselves, not for others.

This

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 4:48 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
. If she isn’t interested I cannot see the relationship working.

Ditto.

bamsaidthelady
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2017, 5:47 pm

caffeinekid wrote:
Look at all the threads here of people complaining they are single, or frustrated virgins, and just be thankful you have someone.

Staying with someone SOLELY because you'd rather not be single is a horrible idea. Yes, people can and should look beyond the physical (especially since we eventually age), but it's not unfair to need physical attraction.

If this girl is gaining weight, and can lose it without drastic measures but won't, that will very likely lead to him inwardly resenting her.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 8:50 pm

I agree. Staying with someone because you can’t stand the thought of being single or you can’t get anyone else really isn’t fair on the other person.

ConfusedVoice
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Nov 2017, 9:01 pm

My opinion is don't tell her. If someone told me that I was getting fat it would upset me. As someone who's weight goes up and down, I always have to be the one to decide that I want to lose weight. If my husband said I was getting fat it would have the opposite effect and I would just eat more because I would be sad. Hormone changes and other conditions can cause weight gain. She may be trying to lose weight or struggling to maintain.

Diagnosed with severe ADHD and High Functioning Aspergers.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 154 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 55 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 7:21 am

I will say this. If someone is trying to lose weight, support them. It is an addiction. If they ask you not to have sweets and snacks lying around then LISTEN to them. It is really, really unfair when you put someones' addictive (substance?) in front of them and expect them to get over it. It is seriously unfair and out of order.

Also, when they do decide to treat themselves, DON'T CHASTISE them for it. The more you try to control the way that person eats (how much, what, when), the more out of control they fear of themselves, and they stuff themselves feeling guilty afterwards, then the cycle continues.

Be nice to them about it. Lots of people have the attitude of, "Sigh, they've failed again" whenever that person slips. Yes, they are going to make mistakes, sometimes multiple ones. It is normal. If they are like me, they are probably paranoid about it.

For those who say that the person losing weight should get over it and not control how the person eats above? Let's just say that last year, I was doing really well losing weight. My nan put out cake, bread, sweets, snacks, fatty foods all out for two whole weeks. I kept telling her, crying, that it was so hard for me, and to please hide the snacks in the cupboards at least. She didn't listen. I failed my diet, piled on the weight, and hated myself so much. She still sighs at me if I eat bad foods. I'm furious at her. I will never forgive her. That is how awful it is. I really hate her everytime she looks disgusted if I overeat. I was doing so incredibly well last year. She does not see that she had any involvement in that. Yes she bloody well did, and it's about time people stopped shaming fat people when the others around them won't f*cking help them.

If you have an addiction you can't just stop and quit it, you need support, not people continuously telling you you've failed and that you're going to stop just because they somehow miraculously shamed you enough into quitting. The human mind doesn't work like that.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 9:06 am

smudge wrote:
I will say this. If someone is trying to lose weight, support them. It is an addiction. If they ask you not to have sweets and snacks lying around then LISTEN to them. It is really, really unfair when you put someones' addictive (substance?) in front of them and expect them to get over it. It is seriously unfair and out of order.

Also, when they do decide to treat themselves, DON'T CHASTISE them for it. The more you try to control the way that person eats (how much, what, when), the more out of control they fear of themselves, and they stuff themselves feeling guilty afterwards, then the cycle continues.

Be nice to them about it. Lots of people have the attitude of, "Sigh, they've failed again" whenever that person slips. Yes, they are going to make mistakes, sometimes multiple ones. It is normal. If they are like me, they are probably paranoid about it.

For those who say that the person losing weight should get over it and not control how the person eats above? Let's just say that last year, I was doing really well losing weight. My nan put out cake, bread, sweets, snacks, fatty foods all out for two whole weeks. I kept telling her, crying, that it was so hard for me, and to please hide the snacks in the cupboards at least. She didn't listen. I failed my diet, piled on the weight, and hated myself so much. She still sighs at me if I eat bad foods. I'm furious at her. I will never forgive her. That is how awful it is. I really hate her everytime she looks disgusted if I overeat. I was doing so incredibly well last year. She does not see that she had any involvement in that. Yes she bloody well did, and it's about time people stopped shaming fat people when the others around them won't f*cking help them.

If you have an addiction you can't just stop and quit it, you need support, not people continuously telling you you've failed and that you're going to stop just because they somehow miraculously shamed you enough into quitting. The human mind doesn't work like that.

I don't know why but a lot of people sabotage the efforts of those they love. I was lucky that when I lost weight I was living with my Dad and he never has any thing in his cupboards, it makes a big difference.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 10:04 am

Yes, the best way to support someone who is dieting is to eat the same foods they are supposed to be eating, so they won't be tempted to eat things they shouldn't.

It may just be my metabolism, but I find I can't gain any weight no matter how much I eat if I've spent all day working outside in cold weather. Nothing super strenuous, just chopping or sawing wood into little pieces, raking leaves, or cleaning the gutters.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 12:21 am

Tell her that even though she's gotten fat, you're still attracted to her - by her powerful gravitational field!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 1:18 am

BTDT wrote:
Yes, the best way to support someone who is dieting is to eat the same foods they are supposed to be eating, so they won't be tempted to eat things they shouldn't.

It may just be my metabolism, but I find I can't gain any weight no matter how much I eat if I've spent all day working outside in cold weather. Nothing super strenuous, just chopping or sawing wood into little pieces, raking leaves, or cleaning the gutters.

Losing wieght is about how much you eat not what you eat. I’ve lost 30 pounds in 3-4 months by eating 1600 calories ornoess. To maintain weight I should eat 2000-2200 calories a day(ie this is what my body consumes on a normal day without exercising)

So if a thin person did the same diet as me they’d become unhealthily thin.
Even if I got a fat gf I wouldn’t ask she lose wieght. I’d keep losing mine even if she said she didn’t care though.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 8:25 am

I'm glad you're doing so well sly279. I think you'll do fine.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 9:32 am

smudge wrote:

Can he still lift you?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 10:26 am

I wouldn't tell somebody they are "fat" if that person is fat.

I'm sure the person knows already.

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2017, 12:59 pm

NamelessNinja42 wrote:
What is a nice way to tell my girlfriend she is gaining too much weight for me to still be physically attracted to her?

You don't say that straight to face, no matter what. That's rule number one. If you still care about her, you stay with her no matter what. You don't care anymore, you break up and give any silly excuses like having to fight in a war. You never mention reasons such as age, weight, illness unless it's due to her substance abuse or some STD she got from someone else, anything that can do you direct harm and so on.

Suggestion: "Hey girl, know what I did today? I started going to the gym, go figure! I would like you to come with me just, you know, to keep me company and motivate me ...".

If she asks "why? do you think I am fat?" then you say "no, I need to exercise but I dont think I can do it on my own, I need your help. Without you I'm afraid I'll lose any motivation very soon. You have that special way of keeping me going further, please help me darling".

If she is the kind of neurotic woman who needs to be validated all the time and still insists on the "you think I am fat" argument, there's nothing else you can do. She's just discovered she's overeating and that's like a giant baby waking up after years of hibernation. She'll make a scandal out of it and even blame you for everything. Don't worry: if things play out like that, she would do it anyway if you came and just said she was fat, no matter how delicate you did that.

Anyway... if she's that kind of woman it's best if you leave her. Really.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2017, 3:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
smudge wrote:

Can he still lift you?

Sweetie, why don't you lift me anymore? :heart: